There is guild affiliation, there's party affiliation, there's a raid affiliation, alliance affiliation, there's a citizenship affiliation, there's society affiliation, there's religious affiliation. All of these things have some hierarchy; and within that hierarchy there's the ability to participate within certain systems. So for example, if you have a node that has fallen under your vassal state and you're a citizen of the parent node, then you could participate in a siege against the vassal node but if you're a citizen of the vassal node you could not participate as an attacker against the parent node; so there's a hierarchy, unless you were to renounce your citizenship. – Steven Sharif
- Gruppen have up to eight (8) players in a single group.
- Schlachtzüge will have 40 man groups.
- Content will be tailored for 40, 16 and 8 person group sizes.
- Arenen will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- Castle sieges are expected to have at minimum 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield, with the possibility of increasing this to 500x500 over time.
The idea behind an 8-person group is to allow us to really amplify party roles, and to create a need for each of the archetypes in every party.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and even solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (58:07).
- Group dynamics blog.
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (1:20:25).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-09 (34:38).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (48:12).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-08 (28:48).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (29:30).