- Sekundäre Archetypen.
- Entwicklung der sozialen Organisationen.
- Religious progression.
- Rassenspezifische Ergänzungen.
- A character can have one active augment on an ability at any given time.
- Augments do not cost skill points.
- It was previously stated that certain augments will have more expense required on the skill point side.
- Secondary class augments may be applied to any skill, but it is possible that some specific augments (such as racial or religious) may be locked to specific abilities.
- The progression system for augments is very similar to the class progression system.
- Drastically change the ability itself.
- Change the damage type and value.
- Change the cooldown period.
- Change the distance (of the skill).
- Change the effect from a ranged to melee ability.
Augments can affect a multitude of things. It can drastically change the ability itself. It can change the damage type. It can change the cooldown period. It can change the damage values. It can change the distance. It can dramatically change it from a ranged effect to a melee effect. Augments are essentially can create- they are creating entirely new skills, but they're going to keep obviously some identity with what that primary active ability was. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Class augments
- 2 Rassenspezifische Ergänzungen
- 3 Religious augments
- 4 Social organization augments
- 5 Skill transfer
- 6 Siehe auch
- 7 Einzelnachweise
Primäre Fähigkeiten (Klassenfähigkeiten) basieren auf dem Archetyp eines Spielers. Spieler können ihre primären Fähigkeiten durch die Ergänzung um einen sekundären Archetyp (Sekundärklasse) personalisieren.
- Die Wahl des gleichen primären und sekundären Archetyps erhöht die Betonung auf diesen Archetyp.
- Jede Fertigkeit im Primärbaum hat mindestens vier Erweiterungsmöglichkeiten aus dem Sekundärbaum.
- In Bezug auf den Fähigkeitsfortschritt können die Spieler wählen, ob sie in die Breite gehen und eine Reihe von verschiedenen Fähigkeiten erwerben wollen oder ob sie vertieft auf einige spezifische Fähigkeiten eingehen wollen.
- Das Ändern der Fertigkeitserweiterungen erfordert, dass der Spieler zu einem NSC in einem Dorf-Knotenpunkt oder höher geht.
- Aktive Fähigkeiten können nach der Anwendung einer Erweiterung völlig anders aussehen.
Key for the augment system is that these augments are meant to demonstrate a core identity of the secondary class type you've chosen. So if from the eight archetypes whatever you choose as your secondary, you're going to receive a choice of augments that relate to some core ideal of that class. You know like a tank is about controlling the battlefield, is about surviving. The mage is about dealing damage and elements and ability in AoEs. The rogue is going to be about stealth and critical damage. So those augments are going to to play towards those identities. – Steven Sharif
The idea behind the system is that you're kind of skirting the line through these augmentations of your role, right. We have the traditional holy trinity that's present in class designs for MMOs and it's often that those either are not deviated at all or completely deviated from entirely. The augment is to kind of offer a balance between that where you still maintain the semblance of that trinity system while offering the opportunity to customize your play experience towards one of the other angles in the triangle. – Steven Sharif
- Choosing life augments will provide self-healing benefits as well as limited life-giving benefits to other players.
- Some cleric augments applied to certain skills will indirectly provide the ability to heal others. These will not replace the need for a cleric archetype.
- Cleric augments will radically change the type of summons available from the summoner primary archetype.
Say for instance, I am a Waldläufer that has a Charge bolt ability as my primary active skill and I've chosen Magier as my secondary and applied the elemental to it. I now have a Frost charge bolt, and if I fire that frostbolt and hit a target, they may be freezing for a period of time as a debuff and that might slow their speed. If a wizard applies a nuke on a target and that nuke is a frost-based nuke, those two stacking elements might then either further snare (slow the target) or paralyze and freeze the target. So, there are combination out effects that build up: A primary, secondary and some ancillary effect occurs when those are combined. – Steven Sharif
There's going to be four schools of augmentation for each archetype. One of the schools for the mage is the teleport school. You can take that teleport augment, apply it to your charge skill: now instead of charging x distance over time you're going to immediately teleport to the target dealing x damage and a condition modifier. If you were to apply the elemental school to your class ability you would then instead you would charge x distance; upon reaching target you would set the target ablaze if it's fire or you would electrocute them and deal with damage over time. – Steven Sharif
- Klassen with a Beschwörer secondary may grant augmented skills that summon weapons. These summoned weapons are not able to be equipped.
- The word "equip" only applies to items. There are currently no plans to include summoning items into a player's inventory or character slots. It may however be possible to change the appearance and damage type/data of a weapon through the use of a spell.
- There are summoned weapons that appear as a spell VFX to damage opponents for a period of time. These will not be able to be wielded, since weilding implies an item in a character equipment slot.
- True stealth resides within the realm of the Rogue (primary) archetype.
- There will be counter-stealth mechanics for sure. That's just a natural balancing act of stealth. But additionally with regards to you know secondary classes, one of those aspects is augments represent the secondary class and some of the- one of the most fundamental aspects of a rogue is stealth whether it be actual invisibility or the ability to sneak around in the shadows or something. So you can almost certainly count on the fact that should you go a secondary class of rogue that there will be the ability to influence your action items from your primary class with the stealth modifier. – Steven Sharif
- These apply to abilities on a character's primary archetype.
- They affect how the ability works and can also apply cosmetic effects.
In keeping with our theme of Consequence, and unlike other games, race won’t just be a matter of look, with relatively inconsequential abilities tacked on. Instead they integrate deeply into our class system, augmenting and changing the basic chassis provided by our eight core archetypes. Our goal here is to create a system where an elven fighter feels different, but serves the same role as a dwarven fighter.
- Religious augments are considered top-tier achievements within a religion.
- These augments can be stacked on top of class augments. They will have a give-and-take system based on the choices a player makes.
You're going to have advancement within the religion and within the church that you're a part of. And those advancements are going to be both reflective of the community's development of that religion out in the world: Building temples, building infrastructure for that, completing certain quests for it; and then you will benefit from the community's development of that specific religion via having certain augment abilities that you'll gain access to be able to apply on top of your secondary class augments to skills; and it's going to reflect what the nature of that religion is. – Steven Sharif
Social organization augments
A player progresses through a social organization by accomplishing tasks or quests. There are hierarchical paths pertaining to specific questlines for the organization's thematic. These quests will either be cooperative with or adversarial against other nodes based on their mutual war status.
- - For example, a Thieves' guild may have objectives and quests toward securing a particular item to enable players to advance within the organization.
Social organizations are going to have questlines that players participate in which some will include sabotage, espionage, intrigue... While it's not necessarily player versus player in the combat sense, it is player versus player in pitting communities in those organizations kind of against each other in a competitive atmosphere, where only some things can be accomplished by certain communities; and not everybody can succeed at a particular task. So, I think that that's a unique way to involve meaningful conflict that doesn't necessarily have to relate to PvP, because obviously we have a lot of PvP systems in the game and and there are many ways for players to participate in player versus player combat; but we also want to make sure that from a progression standpoint, from a system standpoint there are going to be abilities of individuals to follow these questlines, these tasks that will pit organizations against each other, specifically from an organizational standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Social organizations unlock augments.
You're gonna see augments being used a lot throughout a lot of our systems. When we're talking about the guild system, when we're talking about social organizations, when we're talking about religions. A lot of those things are going to affect how and what you have available to augment your skills with. – Jeffrey Bard
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (30:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-06-25 (1:05:01).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-02-09 (41:56).
- Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:07:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (1:09:22).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (46:20).
- Video, 7. Februar 2017 (0:02).
- Liveübertragung, 9. Februar 2018 (41:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-16 (30:02).
- Liveübertragung, 8. April 2018 (PM) (20:45).
- Interview, 11. Mai 2018 (53:15).
- Liveübertragung, 16. Oktober 2017 (1:00:44).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (22:27).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (51:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-10-31 (47:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (58:38).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:41:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (11:27).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (58:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (26:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (1:08:16).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-08 (43:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (1:28:31).
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (57:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-08 (44:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-06-01 (31:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (7:27).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (24:34).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (18:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (27:35).