- Möglicherweise schaffen es Angreifer nicht eine Node während ihrer Belagerung zu zerstören. Stattdessen führen sie vielleicht gezielte Angriffe durch, um spezielle Service-Gebäude in der Node außer Betrieb zu setzen. Diese Gebäude können mit Belagerungswaffen und Bomben angegriffen werden.
- Node-Gebäude (inklusive Player Housing) haben Lebenspunkte und können während Belagerungen beschädigt werden. Wenn Gebäude mehr als ungefähr 25% Schaden nehmen, sind jegliche NPCs oder Services von diesem Gebäude nicht verfügbar, bis dieser Schaden repariert wurde.
- Wenn die Node eine Belagerung überstehen sollte, müssen die Einwohner die nötigen Ressourcen beschaffen um beschädigte Infrastruktur wieder aufzubauen und zu reparieren.
- Spielerbehausungen, die während einer Belagerung zerstört wurden, können nicht mehr verkauft werden.
You could be more precision oriented in the decision to attack a city. Let's say it's a rival node that's trying to reach a node stage five or something and you want to disable their ability for the religious system to progress so you target the temple during the attack, or you want to disable their scholars academy from reaching a higher level so that your nodes can; or you want to disable multiple buildings that allow for experience and quests to be undertaken by its citizenship, which prevents them from keeping up in pace of experience gained with your node. These can be more precision oriented and don't have to effectualize an actual takeover of the node. – Steven Sharif
- It is a normal process of the world to see PvP be a catalyst for change. That is one of the defining elements of our world building approach and being a PvX game is that PvE builds the world and PvP changes the world; and as these nodes get destructed this should be a normal habit that players are accustomed to seeing that landscape changing over time, because it is the breath of renewal that then is allowed as a result of that action. – Steven Sharif
- Players lose their node citizenship after their node is destroyed without entering into a cooldown period.
- After a node is destroyed, the footprint of the node will enter a ruined state and will become an open PvP zone for a number of days equal to the node's level. These ruins consist of a debris field of treasures that are lootable by certain players.
- Which players get to loot the debris field during this period is currently under discussion by the developers. Previously it was stated that any player could loot the debris field. Before that it was stated that only attackers who participated in the siege will have exclusive looting rights.
- Any loot remaining after this period will be open for anyone to loot.
- After a number of days equal to the destroyed node's level, the node will revert back to stage 0 (wilderness) and any modified terrain will revert back to its original state.
- Those are like open-world battlegrounds that spawn on the footprint of the node after a successful siege. And these are opportunities that previous defenders have to salvage certain materials and/or equipment from the destroyed node, or that attackers have to do the same. And there's interact points that live within that environment that take time in order to interact with, which makes those individuals susceptible to potential ganking or fighting. And you can control those areas; and that exists for some period of time. It's like an open-world arena system. – Steven Sharif
- Treasures in the debris field will take time and tools to uncover.
- The warehouse debris will contain a portion of all Materialien (crafting components) and Gatherables that were stored in the destroyed node.
- The reliquary debris will contain a stockpile of shards of the relics that were stored there.
- The town hall debris might contain tax-oriented certificates that were held within the vaults and in the treasury.
- The stables debris might contain mount certificates that can be added to caravans in the future or sold on the auction house.
- Gatherables and processed goods that were stored in in-node housing and apartment storage chests become lootable. These are not lootable if the node survives the siege- even if the housing buildings are destroyed or damaged during the siege.
Static housing destructibility
- If the housing was purchased at a higher advancement than the node currently is then it will be destroyed, otherwise the housing will be scaled back.
Zerstörung von Apartments
- Falls das Gebäude während einer Belagerung zerstört wurde, selbst wenn die Belagerung nicht erfolgreich war.
- Falls die Node durch die Belagerung unter Stufe 4 (Stadt) fällt.
Grundbesitz may be attacked by any player for a period of two hours following a successful siege against its parent node. Freeholds can also be lost by foreclosure for not paying property taxes or other fees.
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
- When it comes to losing Freeholds like this, one person’s loss is another person’s gain. While there aren’t enough Freeholds in the world for everyone to have one at the same time, this cycle of players losing Freeholds creates opportunities for other players to acquire one.
After the two hour period of open combat following a successful node siege, any remaining freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another node may take over the zone of influence of the freehold.
- The freehold owner will be required to undertake a quest process to have their freehold adopted by a new node if one exists.
- At the end of the grace period, if the freehold does not reside within the ZOI of a Dorf (Stufe 3) node or above, it will be destroyed.
- If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, and anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen. Freeholds within the Zone of Influence are subject to a period of vulnerability. These Freeholds can be destroyed by other players during a period of roughly 2 hours after a successful siege. Destroyed Freeholds are subject to material loss, and blueprints for them are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement in order to allow the player to keep their Freehold’s layout and structure. Once the vulnerability period is complete, any remaining Freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another Node may take over the Zone of Influence of the Freehold. – Margaret Krohn
- Q: How many times a year do you suspect that most players will be moving residence based on nodes being eliminated from sieges?
- A: There are a lot of variables that influence that answer. I'm not sure I can give an average, but what I would say is that depending on the political dynamic of a server: if a server tends to have more combat and/or sieges against nodes, that is going to increase the amount of opportunity for freeholds to be removed from the world and then replaced. I'm not sure I have an average. what I will say is that it is very important to remember that Ashes is not a PvP game and it is not a PvE game. It is a PvX game and that has a very specific meaning. It means that as these systems are developed as they are designed and they are integrated with each other: they are done so from a competitive viewpoint and how that system relates to both PvE and PvP. Freeholds are one of those systems very much so and it's because of the cyclical nature that we're attempting to achieve with the development of nodes and the destruction of nodes, the world is a rapidly and dynamically changing place really. So it's intended to be something that is constantly recycling and is leaking out different types of content and new content that revitalizes the player interest and stimulates new points of conflict or cooperation. – Steven Sharif
- There is no "recall" (fast-travel) option to return to shore, however death by drowning will respawn the player on shore but will incur experience debt (and other death penalties).
- We don't have a recall... There is consequence for you losing the means of your mobility and if you lost the means of that mobility then those consequences are it's going to take you longer to get to where you need to go, or you're going to have to suffer some experience debt. – Steven Sharif
- I mean traditionally if we did not use dynamic destruction, that what we would use is decals to simulate damage on the ship based on an overall hit point value. At certain hit point values we would swap out the mesh to show a more destructive state potentially; and that and at that point for a user in regards to immersion both are very similar from the immersion factor right? – Steven Sharif
2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2019-09-24 2019-06-28
- Liveübertragung, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Early Access.
- Video, 2019-09-24 (0:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-06-28 (31:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (59:38).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Liveübertragung, 2023-08-31 (20:54).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (17:26).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (1:36:24).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-14 (52:31).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (14:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-07-28 (1:26:16).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (15:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:48:43).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (10:49).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (56:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-11-19 (54:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (2:04:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (28:04).
- Blog: Exploring the Boundless Opportunities of Freeholds.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (29:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:39:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-04-29 (1:08:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (1:07:22).