- Dragon mounts are classed as royal mounts (tier 3) that are capable of true flight when utilized by Bürgermeister of metropolis nodes or Könige und Königinnen of Gildenschlösser.
- Dragon eggs can also drop from legendary world bosses. These will be temporary mounts that exist for a limited duration.
The dragon will have a lot of capability in PvP. It's primarily its purpose, because as it relates to Castles and the sieges they're in, or Nodes and the sieges they're in. We want dragons to have large scale ramifications against player raids. – Steven Sharif
- Mounts will have a variety of effective pvp abilities, some viable in larger scale encounters when organized correctly. – Steven Sharif
- Mounts will have combat skills based on the breed and rarity. There will also be some RNG to the mount skills.
- There is danger to traversing areas with enemies nearby; and there are specific abilities that knock a rider off of their mount should they venture too close to enemies. – Steven Sharif
- Potions obtained from the Alchemy profession can be used to reduce the cooldown.
- Mounts that die a certain number of times within a set period might gain a debuff that requires a different material component to assist with their resurrection.
- Fall damage that occurs while mounted will be first applied to the mount; and if the mount dies as a result, then the remaining damage may overflow onto the player, but this will be determined based on testing.
Mounts can be targeted separately from the player while mounted.
- If a player dies there will be a period of time before their mule despawns. Other players must kill that player's mule to be able to loot it.
- If a player's mule dies its corpse will contain the same percentage of lootable items as the player.
List of dragon mobs
List of dragon bosses
Royal mounts are a tier 3 class of flying mounts available to Bürgermeister of metropolis nodes and Könige und Königinnen of Gildenschlösser. Royal mounts can also be dropped from legendary world bosses.
- Royal mounts are capable of true flight when utilized by Bürgermeister of metropolis nodes or Könige und Königinnen of Gildenschlösser.
- Flight capable royal mounts are also dropped from Weltbosse as eggs. These mounts will have a life-span likely between 15 to 30 days (online and offline time) after which the mounts will pass away.
- Each server may have between 10 to 20 royal mounts based on the legendary world boss timers.
- Royal mounts are 3 or 4 times larger than gliding mounts (tier 2 mounts).
Generally flying is not something that we're going to be doing in this game and there's a lot of reasons for that: Some of it is economic, some of it is ... you create this really great looking world and we don't want you flying over all the time. – Jeffrey Bard
At any given point in time you're gonna see anywhere from 10 to maybe at max I would say around 20 based off of the legendary world boss timers. Probably 20 people who have flying abilities. – Steven Sharif
Dragons are a class of these royal mounts. You can get different types of royal mounts. They don't have to be dragons. They could be some other type of legendary mythical creature... It will be an epic looking large-scale creature and people will notice you and it while you are approaching. – Steven Sharif
There will be a flight time associated with it, but the flight time will be considerable. We're thinking probably between 20 and 30 minutes. So will that limit the range of effectiveness? Yes it will limit the range of effectiveness for that particular mount.  – Steven Sharif
- Burgen come with a royal stables.
- Bürgermeister can choose to build royal stables within their node. Once chosen, the community will need to build the stables through quests.
- Royal mounts must be mounted in a royal stables in order to fly.
The royal mounts will be the only class of mounts that can fully fly in the world; and they are will be needed to be mounted while in a royal stables. Royal stables are a building that can be built in a node if elected to be built by the mayor and supported by the community building it up through the quests to do so; and castles come with a royal stable as well. So once you have a royal stable and you become that Mayor or King or Queen, you may then mount the creature there and then take it wherever you wish. – Steven Sharif
- These may only be granted if the castle nodes are successfully established prior to the siege.
- Node A grants 1 undermount, Node B grants 2 undermounts, and Node C grants 2 undermounts.
- This system is subject to change during testing.
- Video, 2019-08-20 (0:0).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-09-27 (39:09).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-09-27 (40:01).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (37:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-09-30 (1:39:01).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (49:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-01-28 (1:16:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (22:44).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (AM) (12:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-01-28 (1:15:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-01-28 (1:11:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-07-29 (1:01:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (1:08:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-04-29 (1:11:24).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:05:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (38:27).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (32:35).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-02-25 (1:06:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-01-29 (1:24:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (47:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (47:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (41:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (52:28).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (52:57).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (46:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (56:06).