- On the customer service side, we do plan to have in game GMs. We do plan to service people in the best way possible. And we will grow our service team as much as we need as our player base grows. – Margaret Krohn
- The direction that I'm taking Intrepid as a company in is that a significant portion of the revenue created by the game goes into not only creating additional content and updates for the game but also goes into I think caretaking, as I like to call it; and that caretaking is multiple things: It's having active and present GM's on servers. It's having a an interacting community team that is always present and on-call for participating in forum discussions and streams and updates. – Steven Sharif
- There will be a standard escalation system, where different actions are taken based on the seriousness of each infraction. Actions could range anywhere from being stripped (of the illegitimate items or currency) to being banned for a period of time, or being permanently banned.
- Following a standard approach to an escalation system where certain infractions are immediate and automatic bans and some infractions provide a path forward where action is taken that might ban the account or strip the account or provide some chat bans or the ability to play over a week or so... If you buy gold and depending on the seriousness of the infraction you could go anywhere from being stripped and to being banned for a period of time to being permanently banned. – Steven Sharif
- Botters, cheaters, gold sellers, and RMTers, will face harsh penalties from the GM and community teams.
- When a player takes their play experience to the point of harassing another player, and doing so on a repetitive basis, in order to diminish their play experience, it is a ticketable offense. If you are following around a streamer or you're following around a player and your intent is to keep them from playing the game or to force them to quit, that is a dirty player mindset. It's a bad player mindset. It's a griefer's mindset. It's not something that's desired in the ecosphere in the community of Ashes of Creation. And as a result, it is a serviceable customer service situation. That is where warnings are given and actions can be taken against the account holder of an individual whose sole purpose is to disrupt and affect negatively the gameplay experience of the game. – Steven Sharif
- Players that work outside of the game design to grief or harass other players are actionable by customer services.
- I believe that so far in development we have demonstrated the level of customer service and community engagement that will be on display after our live launch. You are right however in saying that many of these problems that can arise on the fringe of certain systems will require an active GM support team available to address problems that the user base encounters
- The volunteer moderator program will continue (post-launch).
GM organisierte Events
User created content (UCC)
Es wird in Erwägung gezogen user-created Image Content (UCC), also selbst von Spielern kreierte Bilder, zu erlauben. Dies wurde in der Vergangenheit nicht in Erwägung gezogen. This was previously not under consideration.
- Aktive Game Master werden den, von Spielern kreierten Inhalt überwachen. Spieler die verbotenen Inhalt hochladen begeben dadurch ihren Account in Gefahr.
Mir ist bewusst, dass wir in der Vergangenheit nicht vorhatten selbst kreierten Inhalt der Spieler zuzulassen, aber ich glaube, dass wir jetzt mehr dazu neigen selbst kreierte Inhalte zu erlauben. Wir sind uns bewusst, dass es natürlich Spieler geben wird, die unerlaubte Inhalte veröffentlichen, aber wenn ein Spieler seinen eigenen Account gefährden will dann soll er dies tun. Wir haben verschieden Möglichkeiten diese Inhalte streng zu überprüfen und gehen nicht davon aus, dass dies ein Problem sein wird. – Steven Sharif
Bezüglich der Frage zu den selbst kreierten Inhalten; Ich glaube, dass wenn man ein aktives GM Team hat, welches sich um solche Sachen kümmert, viele unerwünschte Inhalte entgehen kann. Spieler, die sich über dieses System lustig machen, müssen auch mit Konsequenzen rechnen. Vor allem da wir ein Abonnement basiertes Spiel mit Risiko versus Belohnung sind und vielleicht weil wir einen old-school Ansatz an Charakter Entwicklung und Fortschritt haben glaube ich, dass Spieler die unerwünschten Inhalte veröffentlichen, ein hohes Risiko eingehen was die Konsequenzen für ihren Account betrifft. Ich glaube zwar nicht das wir zu hundert Prozent solche Inhalte von der Veröffentlichung abhalten können – ich denke das man es generell nicht zu hundert Prozent verhindern kann, es sei denn man würde die benutzerdefinierten Inhalte komplett verbieten – aber ich glaube, dass wir uns gegen die Vestoßquote mit wesentlicher Durchsetzung der Maßnahmen behaupten können. – Steven Sharif
- Gilden Embleme.
- Rüstungs Zubehör.
Sicherheitssysteme will be in place to combat cheating, exploiting, botting, gold selling/real money transactions (RMT), item duplication and other things that affect the economy starting from Alpha-0.
- A broad spectrum of approaches are going to be utilized in order to try to protect the integrity of the game once it launches. Testing of these systems will begin leading up towards Alpha-2.
- Security is always at the top of any concern when you have a closed system like an MMO is... We've seen a lot of MMO is launch without security in place and the economy gets ruined as a result thereafter. And every band-aid that's slapped on top of that wound is just making things worse. And so part of why you take the time in order to ensure that things are done correctly is also the security component of things; and that's where testing with a live audience is a bit different also than testing with a Q&A audience as well, because you're going to get those bad actors- and we call them bad actors because ultimately they're attempting to destroy the fun for others... So what we've done is we've hired some security experts who've worked on massive other MMOs like World of Warcraft and other games, and they bring with them lot of experience; and we're going to be testing that in leading up towards Alpha-2. It's a very important part of Alpha-2. It's not something that we really addressed with Alpha-1 because again, that was a much more barebones functional testing experience. We did see some issues during Alpha-1 and we made it important for Alpha-2 to test those systems. We have a broad spectrum of approaches that we're going to be utilizing in order to try to protect the integrity of the game once it launches. – Steven Sharif
- These systems collect user data and flag abnormal activities for investigation. This combined with player reporting functions generates a live "heat map" that draws attention to unusual behavior.
- We do have already built into the game on the outset is essentially behavioral metrics. So in the game, as a player does normal things and they acquire normal gold, that's all good and well, but if there starts to be item IDs that appear on the player account that are out of the norm, like either a large amount of gold, or significant legendary items, what it does in the back-end it flags the account for view so that we can take a look at where did this item come from. Is it coming from a known gold seller or a flagged bot, or whatever; and then we investigate. So we're going to be pretty hard on the ability for players to subvert the natural economy systems by RMT or botting. – Steven Sharif
- Botters, cheaters, gold sellers, and RMTers, will face severe penalties from the active GM/community team.
- It's important to note that there is a sanctity that must be protected within the game from RMTing; and let me just go into a little diatribe about this: But in games that I've played where the company or the publisher does not enforce rules, it becomes the standard that you buy gold if you want to be competitive. If you want to compete at the top tier levels in certain games, and everyone's buying gold, you almost either have to buy the gold or you're just not going to be able to compete with those people and that's a really shitty feeling to have. Excuse my French, I apologize. That is sucky; and in order for that not to be the case it is the responsibility of the publisher or the developers both to make sure that we have stringent practices from a CS- from a customer customer service perspective- to enforce our rules and to make sure that players are aware if they partake in this there is a huge risk in doing so. It's not going to be a slap on the hand. It's not going to be a "we told you once, we told you twice, we told you three, four, five six times okay. We're just taking some gold away", that thing. We have got to ensure that it is feared to do those things because that ashes has active GMS, it has active customer service, it has an active community team. – Steven Sharif
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-28 (29:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-08-26 (1:32:45).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (48:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-02-09 (20:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-28 (13:53).
- Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-06-04 (22:27).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (1:05:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (55:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-10-31 (47:44).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (3:35:54).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (1:47:04).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:12:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (38:35).
- Massively OP, 2017-06-1