- Häfen werden wahrscheinlich Aufträge bieten, die im Zusammenhang mit Wasser-Content stehen.
- Häfen werden eine Vielzahl an Dienstleistungen bieten, unter anderem Upgrades für Schiffe.
There will be harbors that boats can go inside of those will be present along the coast. Harbors can pop up as a result of a node being developed nearby, if it's near the coast or if a node itself is on the coast it can have a harbor component to it. There will likely be quests that are granted from this harbor, specifically with regards to the sea and sea content; and what you can do in this harbor will be a lot of different things including upgrades to the boats. – Steven Sharif
Knotenpunkte an der Küste
- Diese Nodes werden wasserorientierte Einflüsse haben. Zudem stehen Fähigkeiten, Dienstleistungen, und Questlinien zur Verfügung, welche in Verbindung mit der See stehen.
- Küsten-Nodes verändern die Spawntabellen des umliegenden Wasser-Contents und können auch bestimmte Events auslösen.
- Häfen in Küsten-Nodes werden Questlinien haben, welche sich auf den Ozean und nahe gelegenen Inseln beziehen.
- Es könnte möglich sein, eine Küstenstadt über den Seeweg zu belagern.
- Ship creation is generally delegated to players. There won't be many non-player-owned ships.
- For the most part all ship creation will be delegated to the player. You have to build up a ship or find somebody who has one if you want to get across the seas. – Steven Sharif
- Ship owners are able to grant permissions to allow other players to navigate their ships and access certain ship functions.
- Ship navigators receive a significant defensive buff while they are navigating the ship. This reduces CC effects and increases damage mitigation significantly.
- If the ship navigator is killed or otherwise removed from the ship then any player will be able to navigate the ship for a period of 15 to 20 minutes before the ship despawns and becomes a wreckage.
- Other ship permissions may include operating weapons, anchors, and utility items.
- Players will have quests that lead set them on a path toward creating a personal vessel at around level 10-15.
- Nothing can move or or block ships. Ships have the ultimate priority.
- Various professions can craft ship components. These components can be sold to other players.
- Ships are built in adherence to a recipe. That recipe requires components. Those components adhere to different crafting professions that require a player to intersect and/or craft or purchase those components from the different professions and then once they have those accumulated they can do the construction process through the recipe system at a harbor. – Steven Sharif
- Ships may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor ship workstations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.
- Players can choose which "joints" get populated with either offensive weaponry, defensive, or utility attachments they want on their ship prior to construction completion. The types of attachments that are available are dictated by the ship's class.
- There are absolutely attachments that can apply to the ship and some of those are decorative in nature. There are also slots that have utility aspects to them as well but are also decorative. – Steven Sharif
- Ships will likely not have closed spaces or internal compartments such as Captain's quarters.
- We are trying to stay away from internal compartments within the ships because that presents a whole different type of user interface and flow that can be a bit cumbersome and problematic, especially in combat and in closed spaces. So we're trying to stay away from that under deck aspect and keep things all on deck for better readability on the player side. – Steven Sharif
Klassifizierungen von Schiffen
|Small||Personal vessels.||Solo/personal content.||1-3|
|Medium||Frigates.||Group content.||Group size (8)|
|Large||Galleons.||Raid content.||Raid size (40)|
- All ship classes minimally require a captain to drive the ship.
- Certain ship classes will have the ability to render Crowd control (CC) effects on other ships, such as a harpoon effects.
- Ships have their own class of vessel and the class that is related to the vessel has a certain purpose both in battle, in PvE raids, in transportation. – Steven Sharif
Beschwörung von Schiffen
- Ships (excluding See-Karawanen) can only be summoned from a port or harbor.
- Ships may be able to be summoned in rivers (or other bodies of water) depending on the depth of the water.
- See-Karawanen are initiated when a land-based caravan intersects with an ocean.
- You can summon your ships up but you'll need to summon them from land, which means that if something happens to your armada out at sea you won't have backups to just summon immediately in the middle of the fight... They'll have to do so from shore somewhere from some port or harbor. – Steven Sharif
- Unlike merchant ships, naval caravans are capable of transitioning to and from land caravans at the point of intersection of land and water.
- Naval caravans come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default naval caravans have a racial appearance. Players will be able to apply caravan skins to change this appearance.
- Sailing NPCs.
- Frigates or galleon ships.
- Quest givers.
- General sea-based NPCs.
There's an NPC structure that exists out in the oceans. These take the form of sailing NPCs, fortresses, whether that be large frigate or galleon based ships, and they take the form of raid bosses. They take the form of general sea-based NPCs. There's treasures that you can find on land and explore out at sea, as obviously one of the missions is why you would be going out to sea. There's escort missions that you can participate in... Some of those are straightforward and interact but with an NPC to receive a quest for; and some of those have to be discovered at sea. So these are all things that are make that type of area in an MMO exciting. You don't just want to have water for water's sake. You want to have water because it's a different experience from a content perspective than what's on land; and in order to be a different experience you have to have that content. – Steven Sharif
- Knotenpunkte an der Küste.
- Island chains.
- Naval NPCs.
- Naval PvP.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (58:53).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:59:09).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-07-09 (30:35).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (48:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (37:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Ashes of Creation Store: Tea transport.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-10-31 (54:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-10-31 (1:30:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-05-28 (1:52:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-09-24 (1:26:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-01-27 (1:32:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-10-31 (1:27:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-07-30 (1:14:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-02-25 (1:15:50).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (1:20:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-28 (1:39:25).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (50:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-10-29 (1:15:57).
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (36:29).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (23:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-09-30 (1:19:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-09-30 (1:19:59).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-09-30 (1:20:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-09-30 (40:45).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (59:29).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (47:53).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-06-28 (1:12:08).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (36:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-07-29 (1:10:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-04-29 (1:08:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (56:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (58:05).
- Video, 2023-10-31 (28:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-08-26 (1:20:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (AM) (15:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-09-30 (40:52).
- Video, 2017-11-09 (0:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-08-23 (28:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-01-28 (1:09:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-02-25 (1:04:29).