- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- With round-robin looting, party members take turns looting.
- Need before greed
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Bidding system
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
- The highest bidder wins the item.
- The gold then goes into a pool that is split among the rest of the party members.
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will require approximately 40% or more of the total DPS to be granted looting rights.
- Parties who do not have the first tag will be required to do more than approximately 60% of the total DPS to quality for looting rights.
If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
- Hunting certificates is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter NPCs within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Gatherers who are more advanced in their artisan tree will unlock higher level harvesting tools that have a greater chance of collecting higher quality resources or proccing a greater quantity.
You will have an opportunity to proc certain qualities based on your progression in the Artisan tree. So if you are a gatherer; and as you advance in your gathering, you'll have a higher opportunity to collect better resources. – Steven Sharif
Reit- und Haustier-Beute
- Komponenten für Karawanen may also drop when a caravan is destroyed. These components may be salvageable by the caravan owner or by other players, in the case of high grade components.
- Caravans drop certificates for heavy goods that are redeemable at the origin node for a portion of the goods.
The caravan becomes a wreckage upon destruction and that wreckage is an interfaceable item that players can come up to and they can receive certificates for a portion of the goods inside the caravan. Now the idea with that certificate is that it must be taken back to the point of origin, or at least a region within that point of origin. We'll see about that last part because there's a few things I want to test in the Alpha from a gameability standpoint. The reason why for this is because what might happen is you may have some type of collaboration within a guild to kind of game that system. Hey I'm gonna reach this caravan just to the border of the region and then we're all destroy it, collect the goods and take it to you know that region's warehouse; and have to skip out on the last half of the way. So it must successfully reach its destination before the goods can be considered a part of that region. – Steven Sharif
- Highest tier items will be a combo of both crafted and boss dropped.
- The rarity of the items will be commensurate with the effort required to gather, process and craft the items.
- It may be possible for crafters to determine what their crafted items will look like.
- A crafter's name is embedded in the items they craft.
We believe that every item that exists in the world should in some way reflect its creator. As such, there will be extreme versatility in our crafting system – giving crafters the ability to create unique items that represent their strengths and weaknesses.
Crafting and World Bosses will be the main way to obtain high-level gear. There are some exceptions to this in the form of Legendary items (single server drops or discoveries), and other equipment that may drop wholesale, but we want Artisans and top tier raiding to produce the lion’s share of high level, high effectiveness equipment. – Sarah Flanagan
We don't have deleveling, instead what we have is experience debt. Now the more experience debt you accrue, the greater the detriment to your character; not to the point where you can not get out of the debt. There will always be a way forward to remove your debt. – Steven Sharif
- A non-combatant (green player) who dies suffers normal penalties, which include:
- Experience debt (negative experience).
- Durability loss.
- Dropping a percentage of carried gatherables and processed goods.
- A combatant (purple player) who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the rate of a non-combatant.
- A corrupt (red player) suffers penalties at four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any carried/equipped items based on their current corruption score. This includes:
- Death penalties do not differ between PvP and PvE, but this is subject to change.
- Death by drowning is possible.
There will not be a full drop and the reason for that is because you know our intention when it comes to progression within the world is we want it to be meaningful and you know take some investment on behalf of the player; and if even if from a design standpoint we're like yeah but they have to choose to go to the area; we don't want a choice that a player can make where they delete their character so to speak. – Steven Sharif
- There are also specific progression-based currencies that cannot be traded.
- Monsters don't drop gold, they instead drop hunting certificates.
- Game currency does not have weight.
Darstellung von Objekten
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:44:54).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (53:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:04:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:13).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-12-15 (1:04:25).
- Interview, 2019-04-15 (26:59).
- Interview, 2019-04-15 (28:28).
- Liveübertragung, 15. Mai 2017 (48:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (14:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-03-28 (1:58:24).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (49:21).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (13:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (47:46).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (41:54).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (35:20).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (15:41).
- Interview, 2017-04-27 (9:28).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (3:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (36:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (50:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (1:22:50).
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (54:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (13:19).