- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- Need before greed
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will require approximately 40% or more of the total DPS to be granted looting rights.
- Parties who do not have the first tag will be required to do more than approximately 60% of the total DPS to quality for looting rights.
If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
- Jagdscheine is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter NPCs within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- Gatherers who are more advanced in their artisan tree will unlock higher level harvesting tools that have a greater chance of collecting higher quality resources or proccing a greater quantity.
You will have an opportunity to proc certain qualities based on your progression in the Artisan tree. So if you are a gatherer; and as you advance in your gathering, you'll have a higher opportunity to collect better resources. – Steven Sharif
Reit- und Haustier-Beute
- Es können auch Karawanen-Komponenten fallen gelassen werden, wenn die Karawane zerstört wird. Handelt es sich um höherwertige Komponenten, können diese vom Besitzer der Karawane, oder von anderen Spielern geborgen & wiederverwertet werden.
- Für schwere Güter lassen Karawanen Zertifikate fallen, welche bei der Ausgangs-Node für einen Teil der Güter eingetauscht werden können.
The caravan becomes a wreckage upon destruction and that wreckage is an interfaceable item that players can come up to and they can receive certificates for a portion of the goods inside the caravan. Now the idea with that certificate is that it must be taken back to the point of origin, or at least a region within that point of origin. We'll see about that last part because there's a few things I want to test in the Alpha from a gameability standpoint. The reason why for this is because what might happen is you may have some type of collaboration within a guild to kind of game that system. Hey I'm gonna reach this caravan just to the border of the region and then we're all destroy it, collect the goods and take it to you know that region's warehouse; and have to skip out on the last half of the way. So it must successfully reach its destination before the goods can be considered a part of that region. – Steven Sharif
- Highest tier items will be a combo of both crafted and boss dropped.
- Crafters will be able to assign different skills/abilities and stats on gear.
- The rarity of the items will be commensurate with the effort required to gather, process and craft the items.
That plays into our crafting system in and of itself right. The idea is for those stats to be variables that can be kind of dictated based on the mastery level of the particular crafter; and the higher they become a master of those professions, whether it be for armor or for weapons or for accessories, they're going to have some agency and put their mark on essentially what items they're introducing into the economy. – Steven Sharif
- At the moment, harnessing corruption to warp items into demonic or decayed things is not on the cards.
- A crafter's name is embedded in the items they craft.
We believe that every item that exists in the world should in some way reflect its creator. As such, there will be extreme versatility in our crafting system – giving crafters the ability to create unique items that represent their strengths and weaknesses.
Crafting and World Bosses will be the main way to obtain high-level gear. There are some exceptions to this in the form of Legendary items (single server drops or discoveries), and other equipment that may drop wholesale, but we want Artisans and top tier raiding to produce the lion’s share of high level, high effectiveness equipment. – Sarah Flanagan
When a player dies they disintegrate into ash. The ashes contain any items lost by the player due to applicable death penalties. These ash piles are immediately lootable by any player. PvP-Statuseffekte is not triggered by looting.
- A non-combatant (green player) who dies suffers normal penalties, which include:
- Experience debt (negative experience).
- Durability loss.
- When players die and they take durability loss, our durability loss isn't like other games where it's a gold sink so to speak. It's a combination of both a gold sink and a material sink. So in a sense, even if you only have completed items, when you take that durability loss you are losing out on materials. It's just a debt to the materials that you are losing instead of the active loss of that material in your inventory. So now you are accruing a material debt if you want to repair and increase again the performance of those particular items that take that durability loss. – Steven Sharif
- Dropping a percentage of carried gatherables and processed goods.
- This also includes a percentage of the certificates a player is carrying.
- If a player dies there will be a period of time before their mule despawns. Other players must kill that player's mule to be able to loot it.
- If a player's mule dies its corpse will contain the same percentage of lootable items as the player.
- A combatant (purple player) who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the rate of a non-combatant.
- A corrupt (red player) suffers penalties at four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any carried/equipped items based on their current corruption score. This includes:
- Dropping weapons and gear.
- These dropped items may be looted by other players.
- Corrupt players respawn at random locations in the vicinity of their death, not at regular spawn points.
- Non-corrupt players always respawn at the closest active respawn point (to their death).
- Dampening (due to corruption) only affects PvP combat.
- As of May 28, 2021, the experience debt in Alpha-1 testing is "completely off mark" and will either be changed or disabled prior to the next spot test.
- There will not be death penalties applied to event-based deaths. The penalties are in the outcome of the event. So your number of deaths is likely going to impact your ability to win that particular event and that's going to be the penalty. This is it to encourage players to opt in to the events right because the more participation we have the more fun it can be; and we understand that the community at large- there's already a risk versus reward component to these events. We don't need to stack on additional risk versus reward to inhibit kind of- to increase the barrier to entry for players who may not be as interested. – Steven Sharif
There will not be a full drop and the reason for that is because you know our intention when it comes to progression within the world is we want it to be meaningful and you know take some investment on behalf of the player; and if even if from a design standpoint we're like yeah but they have to choose to go to the area; we don't want a choice that a player can make where they delete their character so to speak. – Steven Sharif
- Es gibt auch bestimmte progressionsbasierte Währungen, welche nicht gehandelt werden können.
- Monster lassen anstatt von Gold Jagdscheine fallen.
- Die Spielwährung hat kein Gewicht.
- Es gibt kein Limit, wie viel Währung ein Spieler besitzen kann.
Darstellung von Objekten
- Allowing player-dropped items (such as Ausrüstung and Währung) to exist in the world is likely not going to be allowed.
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (26:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (1:01:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (1:12:03).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:44:54).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (53:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:04:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:13).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-12-15 (1:04:25).
- Interview, 2019-04-15 (26:59).
- Interview, 2019-04-15 (28:28).
- Liveübertragung, 15. Mai 2017 (48:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (14:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (59:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-03-28 (1:58:24).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (49:21).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (34:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (13:37).
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (13:14).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (16:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-01-29 (1:24:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (47:46).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (41:54).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (35:20).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (15:41).
- Interview, 2017-04-27 (9:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-06-25 (1:15:37).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (3:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-05-28 (1:50:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (36:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (50:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (1:22:50).
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (54:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (1:07:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (1:14:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (13:19).