There will be a mix of different monsters and difficulty levels throughout the world that are tied to the development of nearby nodes. As nodes advance, mobs will present new and increasing dangers that players can participate in.
- In the world naturally there will be locations that are going to have a mix of different levels of monsters and difficulty levels; and then those spawn tables relate to the development of nearby nodes. So as nodes develop they'll be changing the spawn tables around them to reflect their further development in the world, presenting new and more difficult dangers that the players can participate in. – Steven Sharif
- Not all creatures are immediately hostile to players. Some creatures may hunt other creatures.
- We've talked about this a little bit in the past when talking about taming and/or certain types of like creature gatherable resources there are herds that exist out there. There are big game that exist out there, where they're not going to aggro and attack you per-se. Also lower level monsters and certain type of like social monsters may not attack you off the bat. – Steven Sharif
- We will have flying monsters but essentially what that means is there's going to be rotations either in the behavior tree that might make them inaccessible to targets, or they might do some like swooping attacks; they might come and land on the ground and fight you. But generally monsters are going to be accessible from on the ground, so we're not creating content for the limited number of individuals who are going to have access to a flying mount. – Steven Sharif
- Certain world bosses and elite monsters will path/roam throughout the world. Other mobs will have leashes that will cause the mob to reset if it moves too far from its point of origin.
- Leashes are relevant. There's other gameplay implications that happen when you're able to actually move populations around. We don't want to really give that to the players perspective. – Steven Sharif
- In general, mobs will not leave footprints or cause screen-shake; but larger monsters and bosses may do. Screen shake will be customizable in user interface settings.
- There is something to be had there about those types of screen-shake effects. We want them to be present when we're emphasizing certain things, but we don't want them to be a nuisance, or annoying, or too plentiful; and having screen-shake apply to every step would probably be too abundant. Will players have control over those on-screen type effects? Yeah I think so. I think that's something we want to provision as a customizable option for players to be able to turn off, because it can be somewhat nauseating for certain groups of people and a distraction from what's happening in the world. – Steven Sharif
- Animated Armor Mobs
- Forsaken Blade
- Haunted Armor
- Living statues
- Plant mobs
- Rock Elementals
- Shifting Coin Bandits
- The Ancients
- Verran Hoarders
- Certain elite monsters that are not assigned any to any particular hunting ground will roam throughout the world. Other mobs will have leashes that will cause the mob to reset if it moves too far from its point of origin.
List of elites
Wir haben es bereits erwähnt, was die Kosmetik angeht, aber all diese vorbestellbaren Gegenstände erlauben es uns, die Welt zu erschaffen. Sie sind die NPCs in der Welt. Ihr helft uns, NPC-Varianten zu erstellen. Die Kleidung und Kostüme sind Kostüme, die wir NPCs anziehen werden. Du hilfst uns tatsächlich dabei, die Welt zu erschaffen. – Margaret Krohn
Zones and mob levels
Dungeon, Schlachtzüge, Weltbosse, Mobs, Aufträge, Events, Ressourcen, Narratives and other content within a node's ZOI will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
- Portions of the spawn tables (for mobs and resources) are static and other portions are dynamic and adapt to node development.
- We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
- NPCs in certain encounters may be aware of their local environment and can seek cover behind obstacles, for example; but this will not be prevalent in general AI designs.
The best was Final Fantasy 11 back in the day where you had scent, you had sight, you had magic. Like there's all sorts of different things that you had to like protect yourself against so that certain mobs couldn't see you; and you could maintain that ability to like sneak past easily... It made those monsters unique and gave them character outside of just how much damage they did to me. – Jeffrey Bard
- Some NPC AI behaviors may be randomly selected at the time of initial engagement causing them to make decisions dynamically during an encounter.
- Higher frequency of AoE attacks depending on how many players are participating.
- Unlock rage, recovery effects and buffs.
- Supporting other monster types or classes nearby.
- Additional adds and add classes.
- Some NPCs may attempt to seek cover behind obstacles during encounters.
- NPCs performing "idle actions" to make the world seem more alive has been discussed by the developers but is not confirmed.
- Part of the NPC encounter design is not always going to be the same behavior tree. There will be purposefully behaviors that exist for the boss that are rolled at the time of the initial engagement; and so that is in an effort to keep things emergent, to keep things different, to try to not keep a static monotonous engagement idea. – Steven Sharif
- There are some additional AI parameters that are set that don't relate necessarily to controlling NPCs. There are AIs with regards to the development of the borders for nodes in the direction and also the decisions that are made of which lower nodes to enslave as vassal states. There's AI that relates to a little bit of the stock market that's going to be present in the economy. There's some AI systems that are going to be announced also that are pretty innovative I think with regards to the MMORPG genre and that's going to make the triggered event system very interesting I think; and that's with regards to how nodes develop and the environment reacts to that development by spawning these triggered events of a horde of zombies attacking a city or a legendary raid boss coming out of the mountain. I think there's a lot of opportunity for some of the innovations that's been in the AI sector of game development too to come out in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
- Die Population wird sich verändern.
- Die Schwierigkeit des Contents wird sich ändern.
- Der Content ändert sich vielleicht Grundlegend, abhängig davon, was sich wie entwickelt.
- Verschiedene Arten von Antagonisten mit verschiedenen Storylines.
- Manche Dungeons werden nur freigeschaltet, wenn sich Nodes zu einer bestimmten Stufe entwickeln.
- Die Ziele einer Storyline innerhalb von Dungeons hängen davon ab, welche Story Arcs durch das Node System gewählt wurden.
- Drop Tables in Gebieten und Dungeons werden in die Fortschritt von bestimmten Gebieten eingebunden sein.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
- Group loot rules are defined on a per-rarity basis.
- A majority of party members must vote to approve any changes to group loot allocation changes.
- The developers are considering using a double-tap interaction to loot all containers within a close proximity radius.
- There won't be auto-looting pets.
- It will be possible to kick a player from a party prior to them acquiring loot.
- Yes, technically it would be possible for you to kick a player prior to acquiring loot. However, again because we are a game that relies on social interactions, there are reputations to be had; and if you acquire a reputation as a raid leader, or as a party leader, of doing something dirty like that, then it's unlikely you'll be able to Garner the support of future party members and/or raids to lead efforts against these raid bosses. – Steven Sharif
- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system.
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
- Monster drop glint, Gegenstände and crafting materials rather than gold.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Crafted gear is the best gear in Ashes of Creation.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Experience debt decreases the drop rate percentages from monsters.
- Loot tables will likely not be affected by weather conditions. This was previously listed as a possible effect.
Glint (previously known as Hunting certificates and Monster certificates) is a bound currency that drops from mobs and players, and is offered as a reward for completing certain quests, events, and achievements. Glint is intended to be the primary method for generating gold in the Ashes of Creation economy.
- Glint serves a very integral role in the economy within Ashes of Creation. It is a material substance that is acquired through various means, but primarily hunting different antagonists within the world; and it is the physical form of Essence within the beasts of Verra. So when you acquire this it is bound to your character, and that is a very important component of the economic systems here because glint will be used to pay for certain services, such as taxation for buildings that you have, or citizenship dues that are necessary. – Steven Sharif
- Glint is not localized to specific regions. Previously it was stated that glint was specific to an economic region.
- Glint occupies space within the spatial inventory system and must be transported via crates when in large quantities.
- Glint can be sold directly to commodities vendors at hunting lodges within nodes to "make some quick money".
- Glint may be traded with commodities vendors for player commodities. These commodities can then be transported to other nodes (via caravan or merchant ship) where they can be traded for gold. The gold value is based on the demand for the commodity at the destination node (over the last seven days) as well as its distance from the originating node.
- Glint will drop as stolen glint on a character's death, based on applicable death penalties. Glint taken from caravan wreckages is also classed as stolen. Stolen glint is not bound and may be redeemed for less than its original value at black market locations.
- Cleric classes are the only classes that can fill the role of a primary healer. Klassen with Kleriker as a secondary archetype will have self-healing benefits as well as limited healing benefits to other players.
- No one is going to fill the role of a primary healer other than the healer archetype; but there will be secondary class options that you can select, which will provide you with some level of sustainability under restoration, most of that will be centralized to yourself, especially in the case of a Paladin. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will AoE and action heals also heal raid and alliance members?
- A: Depending on the type, if it's a templated AoE, yes it would heal any non-combatants essentially. – Steven Sharif
- You cannot heal enemy mobs. There's just really not a a relevant use-case for that when it comes to the design mechanics of such a thing, other than its primary use, which would be to grief other players. – Steven Sharif
- Certain healing abilities, such as Communal Restoration, can overheal. This is indicated by a blue temporary health bar overlay on top of a player's health bar. If the temporary health points expire without being consumed they do not count as effective heals.
- Q: Do you plan to add any sort of counters for healing? For example, a debuff that applies a reduced healing effect or maybe even cause damage upon healing?
- A: Ashes aims to be a more difficult leveling experience than perhaps we have been accustomed to over the past decade of MMO gameplay. And with that in mind, when it comes to balancing during Alpha-2 and thereafter, there is not going to be an overage of healing that's available. We will tune those things. We'll have an opportunity to balance those things... Some of the debuff options that the fighter class has within their class kit are debuffs that can reduce received healing on the target. – Steven Sharif
- Animation tells.
- Verschiedene Monster werden zu unterschiedlichen Zeiten spawnen.
- NPCs und Mobs können zu verschiedenen Tageszeiten wach sein.
- Verschiedene Strahlungseffekte (Leuchteffekte) können bei Nachtlebewesen stärker verbreitet sein.
Fünfzehn Minuten können im Spiel eine Stunde sein.
- For example: A wolf or a dog may look different but may be balanced to the same templated behavior.
2023-10-30 2023-01-31 2023-01-30 2023-01-19 2022-12-15 2022-12-05 2022-11-01 2022-11-01 2022-10-31 2022-10-03 2022-10-03 2022-10-03 2022-09-09 2022-07-02 2021-03-29 2021-03-29 2020-08-01 2020-08-01 2018-04-29
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (54:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:45:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:14:42).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (24:33).
- Video, 2023-05-31 (4:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-02-24 (1:22:04).
- Video, 2023-05-31 (5:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-06-25 (1:28:02).
- Interview, 2023-09-10 (28:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-05-27 (1:00:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-01-27 (1:10:12).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-05-31 (43:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-05-31 (40:52).
- Video, 2022-06-30 (24:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-05-31 (45:26).
- Twitter - Creature resistances.
- Liveübertragung, 2021-06-25 (1:08:23).
- Video, 2023-01-27 (27:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-05-28 (1:49:24).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (6:46).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Liveübertragung, 2022-08-26 (1:28:50).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-06-04 (29:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-02-25 (1:03:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-06-25 (21:24).
- Interview, 2023-09-10 (34:51).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Interview, 2021-06-13 (22:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (43:57).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (11:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-07-29 (1:23:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (3:56).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (24:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Video, 2023-01-27 (16:44).
- Video, 2023-01-27 (32:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (1:01:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Liveübertragung, 2023-01-27 (1:08:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-04-29 (1:04:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-05-31 (1:07:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (1:12:03).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- Interview, 2023-09-10 (53:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (55:49).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:18:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Liveübertragung, 2022-05-27 (1:14:46).
- Video, 2022-05-27 (2:21).
- Video, 2023-10-31 (4:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-10-31 (1:06:32).
- Video, 2023-10-31 (3:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-10-29 (1:06:31).
- Video, 2023-10-31 (5:06).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- Interview, 2019-04-17 (49:55).
- Video, 2023-10-31 (6:07).
- Video, 2023-10-31 (8:05).
- Video, 2023-07-28 (16:02).
- Video, 2023-07-28 (33:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-12-02 (1:02:54).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (58:38).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (51:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-10-31 (47:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-07-28 (59:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-12-02 (1:01:15).
- Interview, 2023-09-10 (9:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-22 (49:38).
- Ashes of Creation - Screenshots.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-12 (57:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-01-18 (33:09).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-01-18 (34:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-01-18 (33:07).