- Auction house
- Crafting stations
- Lumber yards
- Royal stables
- Scholar's academy
- Statische Behausungen
- Thieves' guild
- Trader's company
Unique node buildings
Jeder Art von Node ist ein einzigartiges Node-Gebäude zugeordnet, das ab der Entwicklungsstufe Dorf der Node aktiviert werden kann. Dieses einzigartige Gebäude spielt eine zentrale Rolle in dem Fortschritt der Zivilisation eines Server.
- Göttliche Nodes
- Wirtschaftliche Nodes
- Militärische Nodes
- Wissenschaftliche Nodes
Constructible node buildings
Node-Regierungen decide the location and types of constructible node buildings to be constructed within sectors of a node.
These are buildings that the mayor has agency over determining whether or not they should be a constructed project. Constructible buildings can be selected at open plots that are gained as the node advances. If they elect to begin construction of one of these types of buildings- one of which is the marketplace- it'll grant certain trade benefits as well as some stalls that the citizens may participate in. – Steven Sharif
The government decides how to specialize their node. Once they choose certain things they won't be able to choose other things.
- Node-Gebäude live within a "tech tree" based on the stage of the node. Each stage offers stronger services to the node but must satisfy prerequisites for the building construction.
- Different governments may change the buildings within a node.
And there could be regime change... If somebody doesn't like the fact that a market was built and they want to re-elect a new government next cycle, they can do so... and that market could be destroyed and a new building take its place.
When the building types are determined, the community will then need to bring resources into the node (using caravans) and come together to construct the buildings (via quests and the like).
- Materialien contributed toward building a node building are lost if the mayor decides to scrap the project.
- Pre-defined parameters limit the number of buildings at in-node locations.
Node building destruction
Node-Gebäude (including player housing) have hit points and can be damaged or destroyed by different systems.
- NPC-driven events that are a response to story arcs or node atrophy.
- Node-Belagerungen and node wars.
- Attackers may not be capable of destroying a node during a siege. Instead they may carry out precision attacks to disable specific service-oriented buildings within the node. These buildings can be targeted with siege weapons and bombs.
- Hazardous events such as tornadoes or hurricanes.
If buildings suffer more than approximately 25% damage, any NPCs or services offered by that building will not be available until the building is repaired.
- Players must repair damaged buildings (or rebuild destroyed ones) in order to reactivate the services from those particular buildings.
Buildings that take significant damage are destroyed and appear as rubble on the plot they occupied.
- Node-Regierungen must clear any rubble on plots before any buildings can be reconstructed. Any prerequisites for the building reconstruction must be satisfied beforehand.
- Buildings also live within a prerequisite system. So in order to build down the tech tree of what these buildings provide, as the node grows larger to access stronger building types, you may get a kink in that chain if it's destroyed and you'll have to stand that back up in order to support the service again. – Steven Sharif
- If the node is destroyed by a node siege, the debris field will contain spoils that are lootable to the victors of the siege.
- Spielerbehausungen that is destroyed during a node siege can no longer be sold. Furnishing and decorations are retained and can be placed again later.
Node layout and style
Node layout and style is determined by several factors:
- Environment (biome) and location of the node.
- The way that the node system is built is that they can exist across a spread of 18 biomes, but at the same time have to represent the cultural influence of these cultures that are intrinsically a part of a specific biome. – Steven Sharif
- Nodes will adjust the local topography to fit the aesthetic and mechanical requirements of the node.
Currently the way that the platform system is set up, is it's capable of adjusting the topography of the node's footprint, regardless of the surrounding terrain. So the reason for that is we want to have flexibility in the presentation of the node's layout and how it is essentially both from an aesthetic standpoint as well as a mechanical standpoint with node sieges- how it's constructed and that construction should have the ability to take on a variance of different types of topography. So it shouldn't be dependent on the surrounding area. Now that's not to say that the surrounding area isn't going to have some influence over. So for example... we're experimenting a little bit with the platform tech and putting up a node up against the side of a mountain or on the edge of a cliff or something that has a beautiful vista. Those are things that we're going to test out obviously as we continue to work on the node tool and how that platform system works, but the idea is to have the node independent of the surrounding terrain. – Steven Sharif
Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
- Race that contributed the highest percentage to the node's advancement will alter the racial appearance of its buildings, NPCs, and props.
All nodes whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
- It should be possible for a node to complete several building projects within a mayor's one month term in office.
- Q: How long would you say it will take players on average to fill slash build up a node completely from wilderness to metropolis?
- A: It's one thing to get a node to a certain level: it's another thing to develop the node; and I can't really give you an on-average expectation, because there's a lot of variables at play. There's how many citizens does the node have attracted to it; what's the type of traffic that the node is attracting to it based on things like its tax rates, or the specialization that it chose to spec into, based on the building types it's chosen to build. All of those things are variables that can affect the quote-unquote "average build-out time" of a particular node. So it's kind of difficult to give you an average when there's so many variables along those lines. But the idea is that if there is a particular project that players are interested in in developing based on the node stage, that they would have the ability to complete several of those projects as within a single term of a mayor; and a term of a mayor is one month. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2018-09-01 (36:28).
- ↑ Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2020-03-28 (1:16:03).
- ↑ Video, 2020-03-23 (0:24).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (33:57).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Liveübertragung, 2018-01-20 (38:17).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (51:49).
- ↑ Interview, 2020-07-08 (55:05).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 9.7 9.8 Liveübertragung, 2022-03-31 (1:13:00).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2021-07-30 (1:10:09).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 13.4 Interview, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- ↑ Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- ↑ Interview, 2020-07-08 (59:38).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-09-29 (14:21).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- ↑ Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 Liveübertragung, 2020-10-30 (39:17).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 26.3 26.4 26.5 Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Liveübertragung, 2022-02-25 (41:00).
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Liveübertragung, 2021-02-26 (1:12:18).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2022-03-31 (4:57).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-04-11 (29:47).
- ↑ Interview, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 Interview, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 Liveübertragung, 2022-07-29 (1:13:09).