- The party size is eight (8) players for a single group.
- Raids will have 40 man groups.
- Content will be tailored for 40, 16 and 8 person group sizes.
- Arenas will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- Castle sieges are expected to have at minimum 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield, with the possibility of increasing this to 500x500 over time.
The idea behind an 8-person group is to allow us to really amplify party roles, and to create a need for each of the archetypes in every party.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and even solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
Alpha-0 group size
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale will have party sizes of up to 5.
- Guild mode will have parties of raids of up to 20.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges will have parties of 5 within a raid, with 5 raids for each of the two teams.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode will have a party size of 5 with a total of ten groups, making for 50 players.
- There are four primary groups of augments assigned to each base archetype. Balancing of augments relates to the four augment groups for each of the eight archetypes.
There will be match ups in 1v1s where one class will be superior to another; and that application should be a rock-paper-scissors dynamic. We want there to be counter-play between the different classes... Instead it's going to be a group focused balance, where as long as you have the diversity of classes present, that's going to be an equal level playing field. It's going to be very dependent on skill and strategy. – Steven Sharif
Certain archetypes are capable of moving the gap between their counterpart per-se. If I am a Tank archetype and a Mage is my counter, I can take a Mage secondary and kind of bridge the divide slightly; and then move my identity that direction ever so slightly. – Steven Sharif
- A marketplace UI lists the current items available for sale in the node and in the same economic region.
- Encourage localized grouping.
- Enable posting of jobs.
- Sponsoring von Quests.
Bulletin board jobs
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- With round-robin looting, party members take turns looting.
- Need before greed
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Bidding system
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
- The highest bidder wins the item.
- The gold then goes into a pool that is split among the rest of the party members.
- Obwohl traditionelle Rollen vorhanden sind, sollten sich die Spieler nicht durch ihren primären Archetypen geprägt fühlen.
- Die im Klassensystem verfügbaren Fähigkeitserweiterungen ermöglichen es, Charaktere außerhalb ihrer Hauptrolle zu personalisieren.
- Spieler können auch ihre Wahl des Archetyps verdeutlichen, um ihre Hauptrolle zu stärken.
There is guild affiliation, there's party affiliation, there's a raid affiliation, alliance affiliation, there's a citizenship affiliation, there's society affiliation, there's religious affiliation. All of these things have some hierarchy; and within that hierarchy there's the ability to participate within certain systems. So for example, if you have a node that has fallen under your vassal state and you're a citizen of the parent node, then you could participate in a siege against the vassal node but if you're a citizen of the vassal node you could not participate as an attacker against the parent node; so there's a hierarchy, unless you were to renounce your citizenship. – Steven Sharif
- Group dynamics blog.
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Livestream, 9 May 2017 (34:38).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (48:12).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (28:48).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (49:28).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (18:53).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:40:17).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (35:11).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (59:28).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (1:01:01).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (28:58).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (33:57).
- The mighty beard!
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (53:08).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (35:16).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:37).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (30:34).
- Livestream, 22. Mai 2017 (46:04).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (29:30).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (58:07).