|Apartments||Instanziert.||Dorf Stufe und höher.||Eines pro Server.|
|Grundbesitz||Open World.||Dorf Stufe und höher.||Einer pro Account.|
|Statische Behausungen||In-Node.||Dorf Stufe und höher.||Eine per Server.|
- Q: If I put an alt on a different server I could have in-node housing or at least an instanced house?
- A: Correct, yes. – Steven Sharif
- Ability to claim citizenship to a node.
- Additional benefits are granted to home owners who are also citizens of that node.
- Ability to place furniture and other decor items.
- Storage containers.
- Apartment benefits include placement of pots to grow seeds and other functional furniture items.
- Freehold benefits include the ability to place business and artisan buildings.
- Static housing benefits include garden sections for farming special types of crops.
- Players may grow crops in the garden sections of freeholds or static houses.
- Crafting benches are available in freeholds and static houses but not apartments.
- Prized items can be displayed within a house.
- Erfolge and trophies may be displayed.
- Social activities.
- Housing may provide proximity based bonuses.
- There is not a hard cap to node citizenship, but there is a soft cap. Citizens pay dues and property taxes based on the stage of the node when the player became a citizen.
- When you become a citizen you enter in at a certain citizenship due structure; and citizens pay taxes to their node in the form of both property taxes based on what type housing as well as citizenship dues, which are necessary. And as you enter later into the stage of a node's development, you will pay a higher value on the citizenship dues or vice-versa: if you own a property later, you will be entered into a property tax that is higher based on where you enter that property ownership within the node's history. So those help to form a soft cap. Now, if payers are willing to pay more to be a citizen of a particular node, they have that option, but at some point it becomes restrictive.
- You can declare citizenship to only one node and when you declare that citizenship. Let's say for example, one guild perhaps wanting to take all their members and have them all declare the same citizenship to a location. The longer a node exists the higher the prize it is to take and some systems with regards to crafting progression and/or rewards and bonuses or the reliquary that we haven't really touched on a lot, those systems are going to be so enticing that from an incentive standpoint it will compel other groups to either potentially break alliances or siege the city in order to take the goods that are potentially in it. So, from an incentive standpoint we have that at play. Additionally, we don't have a cap per-se that we've announced yet on the citizenship aspect of being in a node, but we do have soft caps. It becomes costlier the higher number of citizens each time one new person wants to join to be part of a node. So, there is sort of a soft cap on how many citizens one node can have and it might be that not all in the guild can participate in that area. So, there's a natural divide: A pseudo faction, so to speak between who is a part of that node and who is not. – Steven Sharif
- Your account is bound to one declared citizenship per server, which means that if you have two alts and your main character on one server you may only be a citizen of one node between those three... If you have an alt on a different server, it could be a citizen of a node as well. – Steven Sharif
- Players lose their node citizenship after their node is destroyed in a node siege without entering into a cooldown period.
- Apart from node destruction, there is no player driven system that can strip another player of their node citizenship.
- Node citizenship is not tied to membership of a guild. Guilds don't "own" nodes.
- Players can interact with the node board to get a list of citizens of the node. Clicking on a citizen will reveal information about their guild, society, religion, and property ownership.
- Citizenship tickets may also grant citizenship to certain node stages. This mechanic will be decided based on testing.
- A player does not need to declare citizenship of any node. These players won't need to pay taxes but will miss out on benefits of citizenship.
- Die Erlaubnis die Türe zu öffnen und das Heim zu betreten.
- Zugang zu Pflanzen.
- Die Möglichkeit Items in das Lager zu legen oder heraus zu nehmen.
- Erlaubnis zu dekorieren, jedoch nicht etwas aus dem Haus zu entfernen.
- Die Immobilie hat immer nur einen Eigentümer.
- Bürgermeister haben die Möglichkeit aus der Stadtkasse NPC Söldner anzuheuern um ihre Node während einer Belagerung zu verteidigen.
It'll be a single owner based system for those types of properties- for properties in general, but it doesn't prevent players obviously from collaborating and pooling resources in order to achieve certain achievements in the game. – Steven Sharif
Player housing/safe zones
- Players cannot PvP while inside the footprint of a "home area" of player housing. This includes freehold homesteads, instanced apartments, and inns.
- Currently the plan is when you're on the footprint of a home, you can't be damaged by other players. Like all things that are a work in progress, this can change... which ties to your other question. Where specifically PvP can or can't happen isn't a core pillar. For example, when we said while on the footprint of your home building on a Freehold that you can't be harmed by other players, this doesn't change a core pillar of the game. Alpha Two will be significant moment for us to test, to get feedback, and iterate on things. – Ry Schueller
- Players are not able to be attacked or robbed while occupying their player stall inside the limits of a node.
- Q: Does 'home' also mean apartment or in-node house?
- A: Home is the "home area" of player housing. Instanced apartments and inns are player housing. – Ry Schueller
Apartments sind (instanzierte) Wohnungen in Gebäuden innerhalb einer Node, die eine Housing-Funktion bieten. Es werden zu Beginn 50 Apartments zum Verkauf stehen, sobald eine Node sich zu einem Dorf (Stufe 3) entwickelt. Weitere Apartment-Gebäude können in einer Stadt (Stufe 4) gebaut werden, wenn der/die Bürgermeister/in sich entscheidet diese auf einem verfügbaren Baugebiet zu errichten.
- Die Anzahl der verfügbaren Apartments erhöht sich automatisch während der Node-Weiterentwicklung.
- Zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt wurde bekannt gegeben, dass Apartments erst ab der Stufe Stadt (Stufe 4) oder höher verfügbar wären .
The mayor may additionally construct apartment buildings when the node hits stage 4 at one of the building plots in the node, along with cities gaining additional static housing and apartments by default as a normal part of the leveling process. – Steven Sharif
Grundbesitz are sizable player housing plots that can be situated in baronies within the Einflussbereich (ZOI) of a Dorf (Stufe 3) or higher node, including the ZOI of any of its vassal nodes.
- Freehold estates may be purchased from other players, or can be obtained via deeds obtained by completing a quest and winning an auction.
- Freehold ownership, whether purchased from players or via a freehold auction, requires the purchaser to have completed a freehold quest, which has a level requirement of 50.
- The seller decides if their freehold should be auctioned or sold directly to other players.
- Some freehold auctions will require node-type-specific bound currencies, others will auction for gold. This is intended to cater to players with different playstyles, who are progressing through alternate systems.
- The idea is that we're not reserving freeholds for the top 10 percent of levelers, we're reserving freeholds for the top 10 percent across the multiple different play paths that exist within the game; and this spreads out that ownership across different playstyles. – Steven Sharif
- Housing takes several forms in the world of Verra. However, Freeholds are the highest tier of player housing available. Acquiring a Freehold is a major accomplishment, and it will take a large amount of effort and strategy to get a Freehold of your own. Since there is a limited amount of space available to place Freeholds in each node’s region, these are symbols of prestige for those who are able to acquire and maintain their Freeholds.
- Freeholds are approximately 1.5 acres in size, or roughly 100m x 60m.
- The developers are expecting the number of freehold plots on each server to be in "the low thousands" depending on world state.
- The number of Freeholds on a server will vary on a number of factors, such as how player actions advance nodes. At the moment we are targeting the low thousands for Freeholds on a server, but as we continue to test these systems during Alpha Two, we anticipate making adjustments.
- Freehold are subject to node taxes.
- Blueprints are required for the construction of the freehold buildings that are used to process resources into processed goods.
- The best processing can only be carried out on freeholds, so obtaining a freehold will require a large amount of effort.
- If a player wants to achieve a freehold they can achieve the freehold, however the amount of effort resources and time that's required in order to achieve that freehold is a large amount. It is something that is a monumental achievement for you to to get that freehold; and the reason why is because freeholds tie in very heavily to the processing artisanship aspect. Some processing can be done in nodes, but the best processing is done on freeholds; and we want to make sure that there's a little bit of a throttle or gate on the amount of effort that's necessary to achieve that influence over the processing market. – Steven Sharif
- Inns and other player housing options are available that are easier to obtain for players who do not need the benefits of a freehold.
- Just because the freehold is very difficult to attain doesn't mean that you don't have a space for housing and furniture that you can achieve through our apartment system or an inn or the static in-node housing. Those are alternate methods as well but they do not have that aspect of the best processing is done on the freehold. – Steven Sharif
- Freehold deeds are obtained through completion of a Lord's quest to ascertain worthiness for lordship over an estate.
- That was for a time a lively debate on our design team about whether or not there should be a level gate essentially from even preventing the potential for ownership. The reason why I chose to keep it at level 50 for now is because there are alternate systems that provide access at lower levels through permission setting. So it's one thing to own the home, it's is another thing to access the contents and to continue progression. Let's say, in the processing profession, you might want to gain mastery in: that mastery process leaves the nodes at around level 30 in the leveling experience for a processing profession; and so one of the debates on the design team was whether or not we should reduce the level requirement down to level 30 so that there's a seamless transition from node-based processing progression and the Freehold capability of progression. – Steven Sharif
- Deeds may only be used to place a freehold if the deed holder successfully wins a freehold auction for an estate.
- You're going to see a little bit of change and this is one of the first ones: that these are predetermined locations that exist around the node or under its vassal structure that you will have the ability to bid on; and to give you a sense there, this allows us to customize a bit of those predetermined parcels, like a Sherwood Forest type of example. – Steven Sharif
- A deed holder who has won an estate auction may then claim the estate from within a barony in that node's ZOI, including the ZOI of any of its vassal nodes. Placement of the plot is enabled by using the deed item in a player's inventory to get a top-down view of the estate, then selecting the desired location for the plot.
- It'll basically be an item in your bag; and once you get to your parcel, you claim that piece of land and then once it's claimed you'll be able to use the item to go into top-down view and layout actually exactly where your freehold will go on that parcel of land. You'll have a lot of freedom, so a lot that will be going through looking at your whole area of land you now own claim to and then deciding where the best spot to put your freehold in there would be. – Kory Rice
- Freehold plots must not be placed in close proximity to any of the following:
- Pathing routes (Roadways).
- Dungeon and other points of interest (POIs) regardless of advancement.
- Event spawn areas.
- At least ~100m from other freehold plots.
- Hard terrain features, such as mountainsides or cliffs.
- The more advanced a node is, the more freeholds can be built within its ZOI.
- Collections of freeholds placed in close proximity are still considered part of their parent node and do not become a separate node, other than via roleplay.
- Adjacent freeholds do not share any bonuses with their neighbors, but guild halls owned by partron guilds may confer benefits to surrounding freeholds.
Gebäude auf dem Grundbesitz
- Sheds are present on empty freehold plots to provide storage for materials needed to construct freehold buildings.
- Some freehold buildings have multiple tiers, with different footprint sizes.
- Upgrading a tier will not change the size of the building in terms of footprint, but may increase in height.
- Basements in freehold buildings are to be decided.
- Buildings that require permits will have additional upkeep costs.
- Freehold skins are applied to blueprints matching the type of building: housing, artisanship, and business.
- The freehold building blueprints must be obtained in-game first before the cosmetic can be applied.
- Players are not locked to the racial appearance of a freehold building blueprint.
- The way we look at it is the freehold is your space so we want you to be able to make it look the way you want it to. – Jeffrey Bard
Freehold building placement
- A permitting system allows for a specific number of different types of buildings that can be placed on the freehold plot must be acquired from the node where the freehold deed was obtained.
- Currently freeholds have a combined maximum total of six artisan and business buildings that can be placed in addition to a homestead.
- On a Freehold you can have your house, and up to six additional buildings. The additional buildings can be artisan and/or business buildings. Larger buildings may take up more room, reducing the total number of buildings that can be built on a single Freehold.
- Space that is not used for freehold buildings can be utilized for other purposes, such as livestock and crop placements.
- Players can manipulate the orientation of freehold buildings and items being placed on their freehold plot.
- There may be a grid-based system that freehold owners can use to place items/props and buildings on their freehold plot.
- The larger the homestead, the more floors it will have and the more furniture can be placed on the freehold.
- Certain furniture may only be able to be placed outside.
- Freehold businesses allow the freehold owner (and authorized individuals) to sell items, consumables and services to players.
- Freeholds are the only place that master and grandmaster processing is available.
- Players can craft up to journeyman level on freeholds.
- Lower tier gathering can be done on freehold plots.
- Freehold ownership is designated by one account only and then the family system is the system that facilitates multiple accounts having permission basis within that freehold. – Steven Sharif
- Freehold permissions are intended to work with the family and guild systems.
- This includes permission to enter the homestead, interact with furniture, access storage, interact with crafting or processing stations, and harvest resources.
- Permissions to help manage your home are handled through affiliations like your Guild and family system. When setting permissions for your Freehold to do things like enter the house, interact with furniture, access Freehold storage, interact with crafting and processing stations, and harvesting gatherables on a Freehold, you can set if your Guild or family members should be able to do these things.
- Permission to decorate a freehold is restricted to the owner of the freehold. Previously it was stated that permission to decorate but not take anything from the house would be able to be assigned to other players.
- Items stored in a freehold become lootable after a successful siege against their parent node. It has not been decided which players get to loot the debris field during this period.
- Only players given permission to do so will be able to do things like access your Freehold storage, and harvest crops and animals on your Freehold. These permissions are capable of being individually assigned per interaction. Note that if the node associated with your Freehold is successfully destroyed during a siege event, attackers will be able to assault Freeholds, and have a chance to pillage them for their resources.
Players cannot PvP while inside the footprint of a freehold homestead even if the doors are unlocked. This does not apply for a period of two hours following a successful siege against its parent node.
- Your home building is safe from PvP. While on the footprint of your home, you can not be harmed by damage from other players.
- NPC-Wachen may be available for hire to defend freeholds after a successful node siege. NPC guards that permanently exist on a freehold are not a planned feature.
- Duelle may be initiated within a freehold or node as they are considered self-contained events that are opt-in by all parties, and do not fall under the player flagging system.
- Players are able to purchase small one room houses (cottages) starting at the Dorf (Stufe 3).
- The architecture of static housing is predetermined by the racial influence of the node's layout and style.
- Tavernen and Player shops are not tied to in-node housing.
Static housing benefits
Static housing development
- The Dorf stage offers small housing types.
- The Stadt stage introduces medium housing types.
- The Großstadt stage introduces large sized homes.
- The Metropole stage introduces mansion size houses.
If you choose to keep the same size then the next stage will have an occupied small home. So for instance if at stage three there are 8 small home and you own 1, then at stage 4 there are 10 new small homes of which x are owned by previous owners, and 10 new medium homes of which x are owned by upgraded small home owners. – Steven Sharif
New property becomes available at each stage of advancement, but it will be more akin to what was available at the previous stage.
- Only the houses that existed at the Dorf stage will become main street mansions at the Metropole stage.
- NPC-driven events that are a response to story arcs or node atrophy.
- Node-Belagerungen and node wars.
- Hazardous events such as tornadoes or hurricanes.
- Bürgermeister have the ability to demolish constructed node buildings. This will have a node mandate cost and will require player buy-in via a vote.
- Mayors will also have the ability, if they want, to demolish constructed buildings. So if they if they so choose they can destroy a building if they don't think it's needed anymore. But this will have mandate cost and a player buy-in votes. So we want to make sure that [the] mayor can't just go and blow up the whole node if they're trying to grief or something. So this is very important and impactful decision. – John Collins
If building maintenance is not paid, or a building is damaged as the result of an event or siege, the building will enter a state of disarray. Any NPCs or services offered by that building will not be available until the building is repaired.
- Players must contribute materials to repair disarrayed buildings and restore them to an operational state.
- Node-Regierungen must clear any rubble on plots before any buildings can be reconstructed. Any prerequisites for the building reconstruction must be satisfied beforehand.
- Buildings also live within a prerequisite system. So in order to build down the tech tree of what these buildings provide, as the node grows larger to access stronger building types, you may get a kink in that chain if it's destroyed and you'll have to stand that back up in order to support the service again. – Steven Sharif
- If the node is destroyed by a node siege, the debris field will contain spoils that are lootable by attackers or defenders.
Static housing destructibility
- If the housing was purchased at a higher advancement than the node currently is then it will be destroyed, otherwise the housing will be scaled back.
Zerstörung von Apartments
- Falls das Gebäude während einer Belagerung zerstört wurde, selbst wenn die Belagerung nicht erfolgreich war.
- Falls die Node durch die Belagerung unter Stufe 4 (Stadt) fällt.
Grundbesitz may be attacked by any player for a period of two hours following a successful siege against its parent node. Freeholds can also be lost by foreclosure for not paying property taxes or other fees.
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
- When it comes to losing Freeholds like this, one person’s loss is another person’s gain. While there aren’t enough Freeholds in the world for everyone to have one at the same time, this cycle of players losing Freeholds creates opportunities for other players to acquire one.
After the two hour period of open combat following a successful node siege, any remaining freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another node may take over the zone of influence of the freehold.
- The freehold owner will be required to undertake a quest process to have their freehold adopted by a new node if one exists.
- At the end of the grace period, if the freehold does not reside within the ZOI of a Dorf (Stufe 3) node or above, it will be destroyed.
- If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, and anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen. Freeholds within the Zone of Influence are subject to a period of vulnerability. These Freeholds can be destroyed by other players during a period of roughly 2 hours after a successful siege. Destroyed Freeholds are subject to material loss, and blueprints for them are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement in order to allow the player to keep their Freehold’s layout and structure. Once the vulnerability period is complete, any remaining Freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another Node may take over the Zone of Influence of the Freehold. – Margaret Krohn
- Q: How many times a year do you suspect that most players will be moving residence based on nodes being eliminated from sieges?
- A: There are a lot of variables that influence that answer. I'm not sure I can give an average, but what I would say is that depending on the political dynamic of a server: if a server tends to have more combat and/or sieges against nodes, that is going to increase the amount of opportunity for freeholds to be removed from the world and then replaced. I'm not sure I have an average. what I will say is that it is very important to remember that Ashes is not a PvP game and it is not a PvE game. It is a PvX game and that has a very specific meaning. It means that as these systems are developed as they are designed and they are integrated with each other: they are done so from a competitive viewpoint and how that system relates to both PvE and PvP. Freeholds are one of those systems very much so and it's because of the cyclical nature that we're attempting to achieve with the development of nodes and the destruction of nodes, the world is a rapidly and dynamically changing place really. So it's intended to be something that is constantly recycling and is leaking out different types of content and new content that revitalizes the player interest and stimulates new points of conflict or cooperation. – Steven Sharif
- Blueprints for homestead, business, and artisan freehold buildings, including progression and upgrades, are returned to the player.
- A possible design idea is for items such as furnishings to be boxed in crates that are accessible inside the new home.
- Behausungen werden einen Grundpreis haben, der mit der Anzahl der Bürger in der Node skaliert.
- Die entwickler wägen eine auktionsbasierte Methode ab, um neue Immobilien zum Verkauf zu stellen, wenn eine Node sich entwickelt.
- Statische Behausungen und Apartments können von anderen Spielern gelistet und verkauft werden.
- Es gibt keine Höchstgrenze für wie viel der Verkauf eines Gebäudes von Spielern einbringen kann.
- Spielerbehausungen, die während einer Nodebelagerung zerstört werden, können nicht mehr verkauft werden.
- Grundbesitz kann nicht an andere Spieler verkauft werden. Das kann sich möglicherweise im Verlauf der Testphase noch ändern.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Der Hausbesitz kann wieder an die Node zurückgehen, wenn der Besitzer es versäumt seine Gebäude-Steuern zu zahlen. Die Steuerschulden und Strafgebühren werden dem neuen Besitzer im Rahmen einer Zwangsvollstreckung in Rechnung gestellt.
- Spieler werden das Limit für die Anzahl ihrer Spielerbehausungen nicht überschreiten können.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Miete- und Leasingkonzepte befinden sich aktuell in der Begutachtungsphase.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that stuff. – Steven Sharif
- A player's tax charge will be determined by the number of structures built on their plot.
- Freehold taxes are calculated based on the number of permits issued for buildings on a freehold.
- Buildings that require permits will have additional upkeep costs.
- Maintaining businesses requires licensing and payments to the node your Freehold is associated with. This permitting system allows for a certain number of buildings to be constructed on a Freehold. Permits can be obtained from the same node the Freehold was certified from, and buildings that require permits will have an additional upkeep cost.
- Non-payment of taxes will put the housing into a default status. The player will have a period of time to settle the debt before the housing is foreclosed.
- The developers are considering allowing pre-payment of housing taxes and/or allowing auto deduction of tax from a designated location, such as their personal inventory or warehouse.
- Materialien and resources (such as livestock) that were stored on foreclosed freeholds will be included in the auction for the deed to that freehold. Stored and placed props, such as furniture will be returned to the previous owner.
- If you don’t pay taxes and other fines, your Freehold property will be foreclosed. When a Freehold is foreclosed on, stored and placed props like furniture are returned to the previous owner. Materials that were stored on a Freehold will be included in the auction for the Deed to that Freehold.
- Inns are something that are also available even around the starting areas before you have an opportunity to go out into the node zones... It provides players with additional storage, they have some limited furniture application that are on a per-room basis depending on the type of room you rent at an inn. – Steven Sharif
- Inns offer instanced rental accommodation, storage, and limited amounts of furniture.
- The primary tenant of the inn can invite party members into the instance and set access permissions for family members.
- Inns are intended to be the most accessible form of player housing.
Räume der Taverne
- Häuser werden nach dem Kauf leer sein.
- Spieler können Möbel, Kunstwerke/Bilder und andere Dekorationsstücke in Ihrem Heim platzieren.
- Items werden nur an Stellen platziert werden können, die für diese Items geeignet sind. Zum Beispiel: Statuen können nur auf dem Außengelände von Grundbesitz und Statischen Behausungen platziert werden.
- Die Größe des Heims entscheidet, wie viele Dekorationsitems dort platziert werden können.
- Spezielle Items, wie z.B. durch Erfolge, und Trophäen können ausgestellt werden.
- Charakter werden die Möglichkeit haben mit Möbeln zu interagieren, wie z.B. auf Stühlen zu sitzen und in Betten zu liegen.
- Spieler werden strukturelle Aspekte, wie Fenster oder Wände, nicht verändern können.
- Items zur Ausstattung mit ingame-Funktionalität werden ausschließlich durch den Beruf Zimmerei herstellbar sein .
Your ability to craft more luxurious furniture comes with how much of a master craftsman you've become in the furnishing profession... This isn't like , I want my house to look good, I got to fork over 50 bucks in cosmetics... Players can craft in-game based on their dedication and focus in that aspect the artisan tree. – Steven Sharif
- Blueprints for homestead, business, and artisan freehold buildings, including progression and upgrades, are returned to the player.
- A possible design idea is for items such as furnishings to be boxed in crates that are accessible inside the new home.
Housing decoration cosmetics
Node layout and style
- The way that the node system is built is that they can exist across a spread of 18 biomes, but at the same time have to represent the cultural influence of these cultures that are intrinsically a part of a specific biome. – Steven Sharif
- Environment (biome) and location of the node.
- Nodes will adjust the local topography to fit the aesthetic and mechanical requirements of the node.
- Currently the way that the platform system is set up, is it's capable of adjusting the topography of the node's footprint, regardless of the surrounding terrain. So the reason for that is we want to have flexibility in the presentation of the node's layout and how it is essentially both from an aesthetic standpoint as well as a mechanical standpoint with node sieges- how it's constructed and that construction should have the ability to take on a variance of different types of topography. So it shouldn't be dependent on the surrounding area. Now that's not to say that the surrounding area isn't going to have some influence over. So for example... we're experimenting a little bit with the platform tech and putting up a node up against the side of a mountain or on the edge of a cliff or something that has a beautiful vista. Those are things that we're going to test out obviously as we continue to work on the node tool and how that platform system works, but the idea is to have the node independent of the surrounding terrain. – Steven Sharif
- Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
- Race that contributed the highest percentage to the node's advancement will alter the racial appearance of its buildings, NPCs, and props.
- All nodes, whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure, has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
- Q: How long would you say it will take players on average to fill/build up a node completely from wilderness to metropolis?
- A: It's one thing to get a node to a certain level: it's another thing to develop the node; and I can't really give you an on-average expectation, because there's a lot of variables at play. There's how many citizens does the node have attracted to it; what's the type of traffic that the node is attracting to it based on things like its tax rates, or the specialization that it chose to spec into, based on the building types it's chosen to build. All of those things are variables that can affect the quote-unquote "average build-out time" of a particular node. So it's difficult to give you an average when there's so many variables along those lines. But the idea is that if there is a particular project that players are interested in in developing based on the node stage, that they would have the ability to complete several of those projects as within a single term of a mayor; and a term of a mayor is one month. – Steven Sharif
Player housing grace period
2023-07-10 2023-07-08 2023-07-02 2023-07-01 2023-07-01 2023-07-01 2023-07-01 2023-07-01 2023-07-01 2021-04-15 2021-04-04 2020-05-30 2018-01-19 2018-01-19
- Video, 2017-05-25 (1:07).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-05-04 (32:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-08-31 (15:51).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (42:11).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-10 (30:53).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (38:14).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (41:22).
- Development Update with Freehold Preview.
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (42:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-10-30 (44:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (32:11).
- Blog: Development Update with Village Node.
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (0:30).
- Video, 2018-04-05 (41:48).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (53:24).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (17:26).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (50:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-08-31 (20:54).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Liveübertragung, 2023-08-31 (2:22:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-07-09 (27:12).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (44:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (58:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (51:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (26:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-06-28 (1:23:31).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-02-09 (51:57).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (59:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:49:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-11-19 (54:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (2:04:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (28:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (59:39).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (36:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (9:09).
- Video, 2023-06-30 (5:41).
- Blog: Exploring the Boundless Opportunities of Freeholds.
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:12:07).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (14:09).
- Video, 2023-06-30 (21:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-04-29 (1:03:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (32:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:15:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (13:10).
- Podcast, 2023-07-15 (11:21).
- Podcast, 2023-07-15 (15:14).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (19:56).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (45:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (56:42).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (30:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:45:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:09:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-02-25 (1:12:27).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:08:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (26:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-04-07 (37:56).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (49:48).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-07-28 (1:33:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (16:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:36:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (18:45).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (29:53).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:52:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-05-09 (40:24).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (32:53).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (34:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (12:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-04-07 (31:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (9:58).
- Video, 2023-06-30 (15:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-06-28 (1:09:22).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (54:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (2:14:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (22:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (7:36).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (41:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:21:48).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (33:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (33:26).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (53:08).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:24:16).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (1:12:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:19:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (1:03:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-07-28 (1:26:16).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-01-18 (31:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-12-23 (1:29:27).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (38:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (33:57).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-03-31 (1:13:00).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- Liveübertragung, 2023-08-31 (57:23).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (1:32:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (1:36:24).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-14 (52:31).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (14:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (29:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:39:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:00:57).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-08-31 (24:13).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-07-28 (1:29:07).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (42:22).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (14:12).
- Video, 2023-08-31 (33:07).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-08-31 (22:32).
- The mighty beard!
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (26:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (29:54).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (38:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-22 (56:31).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (10:54).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-10-30 (39:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-02-25 (41:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-02-26 (1:12:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-03-31 (4:57).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (29:47).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-07-29 (1:13:09).