Materialien (also known as processed goods and crafting materials) are obtained in the following ways:
The quality of crafting materials will influence the quality of the crafted item.
Players drop materials and other items upon death, based on their applicable death penalties.
Types of processed goods (materials)
Materialien for crafting high-level items are obtained from world bosses and through the deconstruction of other high-level items.
Many end level items with crafting will require mats from world bosses etc. we want those systems intertwined. However. There may be opportunities to deconstruct high level items and replace those needed materials as well. We will be testing the crafting trees in alpha and beta. – Steven Sharif
Artisans within Ashes of Creation must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the Verarbeitung profession.
- Handwerkskunst the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
Verarbeitung is one of the artisan classes in Ashes of Creation.
- Processing involves the refining of raw materials obtained from gathering and item deconstruction.
- The bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch. The processing time varies based on the quality of the processed goods.
- Some processing can be carried out in nodes, but the best processing can only be carried out on freeholds at processing stations.
Berufe der Verarbeitung
Gatherable resources (also known as raw materials and harvestables) occur in locations where you would expect them to be organically.
- Certain resources will only be gatherable for a limited time during specific story arcs.
- You want to take advantage of the limited time you have during the story arcs to get some of these rare resources for crafting things. – Jeremy Gess
- The location the resource was found can affect the benefits, bonuses, and other characteristics of that resource.
- Corrupted areas may house special types of resources.
- Certain types of resources will have a corrupt state... We have a Spirit Bloom, which is a harvestable herbalism plant, but when a Zone becomes corrupt you can potentially yield Corrupted Spirit Blooms; and those are necessary components of certain crafting recipes. – Steven Sharif
- Some resources will be one-time gatherables, others will exist as clusters that will last until the vein is depleted.
- We really want resources to be persistent and non-renewable. If there’s a mithril vein, that mithril vein will be there until it runs out. The server will manage these amounts on its own, and will repopulate things where and when it desires. You might find another mithril vein in that location sometime later, or somewhere nearby, or maybe never again!
- Players drop resources and other items upon death, based on their applicable death penalties.
- Resources will not expire or degrade over time.
- We don't want to create an environment I feel where you're having to micromanage each of the resources that are very vast in our game. We have 100 plus material system where you're having to play whack-a-mole with managing those things... I don't see the value in it. – Steven Sharif
- Rohmaterialien (gatherable resources) are not to be confused with crafting materials (processed goods).
Ressourcen will have differing tiers of quality for the same resource type. This is somewhat similar to Star Wars Galaxies.
- Gatherers who are more advanced in their artisan tree will unlock higher level harvesting tools that have a greater chance of collecting higher quality resources or proccing a greater quantity.
You will have an opportunity to proc certain qualities based on your progression in the Artisan tree. So if you are a gatherer; and as you advance in your gathering, you'll have a higher opportunity to collect better resources. – Steven Sharif
In Alpha-1 testing there are 4 tiers of gatherable resources across all gathering professions:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Liveübertragung, 2017-05-10 (8:22).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2021-07-30 (1:16:05).
- ↑ Interview, 2018-10-20 (17:31).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Interview, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- ↑ Interview, 2020-07-20 (20:17).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2017-05-10 (6:12).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 Liveübertragung, 2017-05-08 (20:41).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (38:30).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (26:00).
- ↑ Interview, 2018-05-11 (24:18).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2023-04-07 (31:49).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:08:02).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2017-09-03 (10:48).
- ↑ About Ashes of Creation.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Liveübertragung, 2017-05-08 (54:26).
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 Video, 2023-03-31 (16:42).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2023-04-28 (1:24:36).
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Liveübertragung, 2023-03-31 (59:10).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:04:50).
- ↑ Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Liveübertragung, 2023-03-31 (1:19:26).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (53:28).
- ↑ Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:13).