PvP (Spieler gegen Spieler Kämpfe) ist der Impuls für Wandel in Ashes of Creation. PvP-Kämpfe sollen Bedeutung haben, von Schlachten um Karawanen bis hin zu riesigen Konflikten in der offenen Welt, welche für den Stolz von Könige und Königinnen ausgefochten werden.
Because players are motivated by different things, because they want something from the game that other players don't want, that's going to cause people to butt heads. Different players are going to want different experiences and the conflict between the two of them will create a bigger and better thing. Out of strife comes rebirth and that's a core symbol, it's a core theme that occurs throughout the game. – Jeffrey Bard
Just because our flagging system gives corruption to pkers, doesn't mean PvP won't happen. There is plenty of reason for PvP to occur open-world. Scarce resources, open world hunting grounds, caravans, sieges, guild wars etc. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Have you considered a high-stakes loot drop PvP zone/area in Verra?
- A: We have not; and the reason for that is our current PvP systems already allow for material risk essentially that's either through the flagging system or through other event-based pvp opt-in systems as well. – Steven Sharif
While Ashes of Creation took inspiration from Lineage II (and other games) it has also addressed several flaws in the implementation of those games. The approach of the flagging system in Ashes of Creation is to further disincentivize griefing while still allowing the system to keep risk relevant in the open-world setting.
First and foremost, PvP in Ashes exists in both opt-in systems and events, as well as our open world flagging system. And while it is true that I enjoyed and took much inspiration from games like Lineage 2, we have innovated and adapted our approach to Ashes’ flagging system in order to further disincentivize griefing while still allowing the system to keep risk relevant in the open world setting. The overwhelming majority of player’s experiences with PvP in Ashes will be through consensual systems like caravans, sieges, wars, the open sea and other events. Players will make a choice to participate in those systems or not. And if they choose to participate there will be significant rewards for success. – Steven Sharif
- PvP in Ashes of Creation exists in both opt-in systems and events as well as open-world PvP with a flagging (and corruption) system.
In the open world, when competing for the scarcity of resources, raids, dungeons and or hunting grounds, an important element of risk vs reward is introduced through our flagging system. Players must be aware of their surroundings and the reputation of other players who may be in proximity. The flagging system is intended to always provide an element of risk in all settings, but also architected to ensure that griefing and PK’ing is almost never worth it. The subtleties of this system are complex, which is of course why it will require considerable testing and feedback. – Steven Sharif
- Corruption gain takes into account level disparity between the attacker and the player that was killed. The greater the disparity the higher the corruption accrued. Corruption penalties occur as the corruption is gained.
These are all things that I've changed in the system that help to safeguard some of those loopholes. Now of course, as we said, we can't and we don't want to 100% remove the ability for that risk to be alive- for that risk to be realized. But what we do want to do is make sure that those occasions are few and infrequent, and are not the majority of a player experience, let's say in the open world; and we do so by incorporating all of those risks and costs into a decision to gain corruption and then PK another player in the open world. It's just not going to be done often and that is my expectation and opinion. It's also the goal of the system is that griefing is not a viable option or play style. And as a result of that desire for the system, we will fine tune it in such a way through testing that that outcome is achieved. And that is the intent and purpose of the design. – Steven Sharif
- Increasing corruption score adds increasing levels of skill dampening for PvP combat.
- Abilities with CC effects do not apply to non-combatants. This prevents players from opening attacks that stun unflagged players.
- Players who heal, buff, or otherwise support corrupted players will flag as combatants.
- Corruption score has a scaling impact on skill and stat dampening that will ultimately make them ineffective at PvP. This dampening only affects PvP combat.
- There is a 60 second timer to logout while corrupt. Force-disconnecting the client during the cooldown will leave the character in-game.
Objective-based PvP battlegrounds
The majority of Ashes of Creation players will experience PvP through opt-in objective-based battlegrounds (also called sanctioned PvP events). These are high risk and high reward encounters that do not utilize the corruption system.
- The majority of PvP that players will encounter- the vast majority- will be through consensual systems, meaning opt-in systems like sieges, like caravans, like wars, or going out into the open sea. These are conscious decisions that players will make knowing the risk profile- assessing that- and they will opt-in to those things.. – Steven Sharif
- There are going to be events with sanctioned PvP, where there are multiple team options to join. – Clayton Stamper
- These events will flag participating players as Combatants (purple) and players will remain flagged for a period of time after leaving that battleground. Corrupted (red) players will remain red during PvP events.
- In a sanctioned event- sanctioned meaning that this is something you have the option to opt-out of. That's a castle siege, that's a node siege, that's a caravan, that's a guild war, that's a node war. You can drop your citizenship. You can drop your guild tag. You can drop participating in one of those things. In any of those types of opt-in and opt-out events, the death penalties do not exist. These are sanctioned. They're intended to allow people to engage in PvP. Now if I die to an NPC while I'm out hunting, or if I die to another player through the flagging system, those are where death penalties come into play; and that's where debt experience can be earned; and that's where corruption can be had. So it's important to separate those two realms. – Steven Sharif
- Bestrafungen für den Tod (mostly) do not apply to objective-based/sanctioned PvP events.
- During PvP events such as caravans, guild wars, and sieges, the death penalties are disabled between participating characters on opposing sides. Attacking and killing players on the opposing side doesn't trigger the purple and red flags, nor does dying drop any resources or loot. However, you can't hide in this state as a Red corrupted player either. If you are Red, you'll still be Red in the siege or caravan and open to anyone to kill you and drop your loot, regardless of the side you are on. Being Red trumps everything.
- There will be limited functionality for spectating battlefields and potentially castle sieges from ghost cameras at fixed positions.
- We will have limited functionality where players can spectate from either ghost camera from fixed positions at certain battlefields; some of which might include castles. – Steven Sharif
- The caravan system and other systems in Ashes of Creation that rely on intrigue do not lend themselves toward livestreaming the game.
- We will have certain systems that won't lend well to streaming, because certain systems have a requirement of secrecy and/or at least some level of strategic ambiguity. So players need to be conscientious of that fact when they're intending to both stream and play Ashes of Creation. Those are things that we cannot solve because intrigue is an intrinsic part of the game. – Steven Sharif
- Our castle system, our sieges against nodes, the caravan system, battlegrounds that exist, guild wars: We want there to be a meaning to this conflict. We want players to actually have some skin in the game when it comes to participating in PvP. – Steven Sharif
- Durch eine Benutzeroberfläche können Spieler auswählen, ob sie die Karawane angreifen, verteidigen oder ignorieren möchten.
- Um eine Karawane erfolgreich anzugreifen, wird eine Gruppe benötigt.
- Die Karawane bleibt für einen Zeitraum von 5 bis 10 Minuten in der Welt, sollte sich ihr Besitzer abmelden oder die Verbindung zum Server trennen.
- The minimum goal is for 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield. It is hoped that this can be increased to 500x500 over time.
- There will be systems that mimic some of the mechanics of sieges, but there won't be practice sieges.
- There may be instanced locations within otherwise open-world castle and node sieges, where specific groups can participate in small, short duration objective-based battles that will affect the overall outcome of the siege.
- I love castle-based gameplay. I love trophies. I like rewarding risk a lot; and for me it's very difficult to imagine a MMO that I would want to play where there is not competition of strategic prowess that determines the outcome of these types of events and there is not a meaningful reward both mechanically and from just a bragging rights perspective that players can aim for and try to achieve. I think that it brings a lot to the game when it comes to motivations, to excel, to level, to gain power, to engage those different progression loops when there is an ultimate goal or trophy that is not static and doesn't exist forever once you achieve it, but that you must constantly perform in order to maintain; and that's really the purpose of these castles. – Steven Sharif
- Each week leading up to the siege week... is a week that's dedicated to one of the three castle dedicated nodes. So around the castle there are three nodes. They represent week, one, two, and three; and then the fourth week is the siege against the castle. Those can only be elevated up to stage three. We've discussed this in the past and there's definitely information out there on the community ran wiki. – Steven Sharif
- In the first three weeks that a guild occupies a castle they will need to level up each of their castle nodes to Dorf stage through questing.
- The fourth week is declaration week, where other guilds have the opportunity to lay down their declaration flag or to sign up as a defender of the castle.
- Depending on how well the guild defends their castle nodes results in better defenses for the castle.
- Different siege weaponry will grant the attackers the ability to destroy walls, doors and sections of the castle in order to gain access to the inner keep area.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
- There will be benefits to attracting people... even if they're not in your guild or alliance – a feudal like system, where you can attract other players who are just independent of this whole politic. They will have things to do there - benefits to receive - and there will be a reciprocal relationship between who you can attract, what they do for you; and how that benefits you and them. – Steven Sharif
Node-Belagerungen ermöglichen es Spielern, eine Node zu zerstören. Dies ebnet den Weg für die Neuentwicklung und den Zugriff auf die gesperrten Inhalte in den umliegenden Nodes. Aufgrund dieser Dynamik spielen politische Konflikte und Intrigen eine wichtige Rolle in der Struktur der Welt.
Der Großteil (~80%) der Inhalte in Ashes of Creation sind open-world, möglicherweise kann es jedoch instanziierte Kämpfe innerhalb von Burg- und Node-Belagerungen geben, bei denen bestimmte Gruppen an kleinen, kurzzeitigen zielbasierten Kämpfen um bestimmte Zwischenziele teilnehmen können.
- Einen Kriegserklärungszeitraum.
- Zielorientierte Bestandteile.
- Sieg- und Kapitulationsvereinbarungen.
- Gilden können mehrere andere Gilden/Allianzen zur gleichen Zeit bekriegen.
- Gildenkriege sind nicht vom PvP Flagging System betroffen.
Schiffe moving into an open sea naval PvP zone (open waters/deep ocean areas) will automatically flag players as Combatants (purple). Corrupted (red) players will remain red while in the open sea.
- Another important change that has occurred is the open seas is now an automatic flagged location. So when you move off of land we have a flagging system that protects and the open seas are international waters where you need to be careful; and there is a lot of opportunity at Sea; and because there's a lot of opportunity that's unique to that content- that's unique to that sea: that's treasure finding; that's NPCs; that's a lot of different stuff there needs to be risk associated with opportunity. – Steven Sharif
- Players entering an open seas area will be notified by the UI ahead of time.
- Bestrafungen für den Tod for corrupt players apply to every zone in the game, including naval PvP zones.
- Non-corrupt players will suffer reduced death penalties in naval PvP zones.
- If you are not corrupt and you enter the open seas you will be taking a mitigated form of the death penalties, which means you will have a debuff applied upon death and in addition you will still suffer the gear degradation or gear decay upon death as well. But you will essentially be either significantly reduced in the experience debt accrued through death in the open seas if you're not corrupt, or there won't be experience debt accrued in the open sees if you are not corrupt. – Steven Sharif
- Open sea zones have better resources in more abundance to compensate for the added level of risk.
- We have a very intuitive UI that as you approach the border between open sea and coastal area you are notified of that. You are warned ahead of time. There's a countdown when approaching. We interpolate the distance travel and speed you're moving and you get to see "I'm entering open waters"; and when you do you have this big trophy call out on screen that says "You have entered the open sea. Territory fraught." – Steven Sharif
- The result of events (such as guild wars or node wars) between the parties.
- As the result of open-world PvP, utilizing the flagging and corruption system.
Objective-based PvP events such as node sieges, castle sieges, guild wars, and node wars will occur within a prime-time window somewhere between 3PM and 9PM server time. This is subject to testing.
- Guild wars and node wars can be declared at any time, but the objectives will only spawn during the prime-time window.
- Open-world PvP exists outside of opt-in objective-based PvP systems such as sieges, caravans, guild wars, node wars, and naval PvP.
- Open-world PvP includes contesting dungeons, raids, scarce resources, and hunting grounds in the open world.
- Around 80% of the content is open-world, where healthy competition is an instigator for player friction; for potential cooperation; for the ability to yield alliances; and the political theater that comes with it. This is an intended part of the PvX design of Ashes of Creation.
- This friction presents an opportunity to engage in the political aspects of the game, which is the lifeblood of what keeps players interested and invested in the game.
- Q: In the open-world PvP system, will there be a "prevent attacking innocent" option that when turned on will prevent me from accidentally attacking a non-corrupted player?
- A: The open-world flagging PvP system requires what we call the "Force function" in order to initiate an attack against another player, and by default that's even against players who are already flagged, though not against players who are corrupt; and they're in the settings. You will have options by which you can persist that force function if you wish through another keystroke input. And then additionally you can set your AoEs so that if you initiate an AoE attack against a location and there are flagged players there, you will either- you can set it so that you can automatically hit those flagged players, but by default it doesn't. So, those are options in your in your settings that you will have access to and be able to adjust. – Steven Sharif
- Spieler haben die Möglichkeit, am Open-World PvP teilzunehmen, ohne zu morden (siehe Schlachtfelder).
- Die Strafen für das Töten von anderen Spielern sollen streng genug sein, um Spawn-Camping zu unterbinden.
- Beschwörungen verwenden das gleiche Flagging-System und teilen den Flagging-Status des Spielers.
- Unbeteiligte (grün)
- Alle Spieler starten als Unbeteiligte.
- Nicht-erzwungene Angriffe (zum Beispiel AoE) treffen keine Unbeteiligten.
- Unbeteiligte, welche von Mobs getötet werden (der Mob setzt den tödlichen letzten Treffer), beeinflussen nicht den Flagging-Status des angreifenden Spielers. Da jedoch die exakte Gesundheit eines Spielers für andere Spieler nicht sichtbar ist (außer sie befinden sich in der selben Gruppe, Raid, Allianz, oder Gilde), besteht für den Angreifer das Risiko, den Spieler ungewollt zu töten und so verdorben zu werden.
- Das Plündern von Spieler-Leichen beeinflusst den Flagging-Status nicht.
It's important to note that the idea is going to be that, unless a player is in your party, alliance, guild, or raid that you will not have definitive knowledge of their exact hit point values. So when you do something that's sketchy like that, where you want to bring them close to death and let a monster finish him off, you are taking the risk of overhitting and actually gaining the corruption. – Steven Sharif
- Kämpfer (lila)
- Spieler werden als Kämpfer markiert, wenn sie oder ihre Beschwörung andere nicht-verdorbene Spieler mit einer erzwungenen Attacke angreifen. Sollte der angegriffene Spieler zurückschlagen, wird er ebenfalls als Kämpfer markiert, anderenfalls bleibt er ein Unbeteiligter.
- Unbeteiligte, welche ein Open-World Schlachtfeld (PvP-Event) betreten, werden automatisch als Kämpfer markiert und behalten diesen Status auch nach dem Verlassen des Schlachtfelds für eine gewisse Zeit bei.
- Unbeteiligte, welche andere Kämpfer oder Verdorbene heilen, verstärken, oder anderweitig mit ihnen (positiv) interagieren, werden als Kämpfer markiert.
- Spieler können Kämpfer ohne Konsequenzen töten, und werden dazu auch ermutigt, da Kämpfer geringere Bestrafungen für den Tod haben.
- Spieler können ihren Flagging-Status nicht manuell zu "Kämpfer" setzen.
- Nach der letzten Attacke auf einen Unbeteiligten oder anderen Kämpfer bleiben Spieler für 90 Sekunden als Kämpfer markiert.
- Spieler können sich nicht aus dem Spiel abmelden, solange sie als Kämpfer markiert sind.
- Verdorbene (rot)
- Wenn ein Spieler, oder seine Beschwörung, einen Unbeteiligten tötet, wird er verdorben.
- Verderbnis multipliziert die Bestrafungen für den Tod und enthüllt die Position des verdorbenen Spielers für Kopfgeldjäger.
- Die Menge der angesammelten Verderbnis erhöht sich mit jedem getötetem Unbeteiligten.
- Unbeteiligte, welche einen Verdorbenen angreifen, werden nicht als Kämpfer markiert.
- Verdorbene Spieler können Kopfgeldjäger angreifen und töten, ohne zusätzliche Verderbnis zu erhalten.
- Verdorbene Spieler haben einen 60-Sekunden-Timer, bevor sie sich aus dem Spiel abmelden können.
Spieler können (über ein Kontrollkästchen) festlegen, ob ihre AoEs andere markierte Spieler treffen sollen. Ist das Kästchen aktiviert, beeinflusst Flächen-Heilung und -Schaden andere Spieler. Ist das Kästchen deaktiviert treffen AOE-Effekte keine anderen Spieler, und somit wird der ausführende Spieler nicht als Kämpfer markiert.
If you have that check-box for flagging with your AOEs and heals available then you will flag. If you do not have that box checked then on completion of the skill it will not flag you because the check was made at the start that there was a flagged party member; and then he will not he or she will not receive the beneficial effect as a result or the damage, if it's an offensive spell. – Steven Sharif
You're not going to see griefing in the game very often; and that's because our flagging system. The corruption mechanics are based around disincentivizing a griefer or PKer but still offering the opportunity, should the occasion arise, where the benefits outweigh the risk, you have the ability to do so. If you gain corruption, which is killing a non-combatant - a player who is not fighting back basically - if you gain that corruption, your world has changed. It is not going to be a very beneficial place to be and you have the potential of losing your gear. Your combat efficacy decreases based on the amount of corruption you accrue. It is a comfortable balance between player agency and grief and basically removing player agency for other players. – Steven Sharif
When you gain that corruption you have the potential of losing your completed items, your weapon, your armor, stuff that is very difficult to achieve; and then the other aspect of that is, that in order to deter basically players taking alternate characters and saying this is my PK alt, the more players you kill, the more corruption you gain, the higher your combat efficacy in PVP diminishes. If you're out there and you killed 20 players... you will not be able to perform in PVP any longer. You will need to take that character and go work off that corruption. The other aspect of corruption is that if you kill another player, who is a non-combatant and the level disparity between you and that player is great, you will gain a higher amount of corruption from that single kill. To the point where you should not be killing a level one character. – Steven Sharif
- Die Verderbnispunkte eines Spielers nehmen mit jeder Tötung eines Nicht-Kampfteilnehmers zu.
- Je grösser der Levelunterschied der Spieler, desto mehr Verderbnispunkte werden verteilt.
- Verderbnisstrafen tauchen auf, sowie die Anzahl an Verderbnispunkte eines Spielers zunimmt. Je mehr Verderbnispunkte:
- Desto mehr werden Fähigkeiten und Statuspunkte gehemmt. (Weniger Lebenspunkte und Mana, niedrigere Fähigkeit im Umgang mit Ausrüstungsgegenständen), bis der verdorbene Spieler schliesslich nicht mehr effektiv kämpfen kann. Diese Hemmungseffekte beeinträchtigen nur PvP-Kämpfe.
- Desto höher die Chance darauf, getragene Ressourcen und Ausrüstungsgegenstände ( Waffen und Rüstung) fallenzulassen, wenn der verdorbene Spieler stirbt.
- Verderbnis hat einen sichtbaren Effekt auf das Aussehen eines Spielers.
- Wenn ein Nicht-Kampfteilnehmer einen verdorbenen Spieler angreift, wird er nicht als Kampfteilnehmer markiert.
- Der Aufenthaltsort eines verdorbenen Spielers wird Kopfgeldjägern auf ihrer Weltkarte preisgegeben.
- Verdorbene Spieler können Kopfgeldjäger töten, ohne zusätzliche Verderbnispunkte zu erhalten.
- Verderbnisstrafen werden im Kampf gegen Kopfgeldjäger negiert.
The more corruption you gain, the less effective you become in PvP and there's going to be a certain period at which point you have gained enough corruption that you're going to be gearless and you're also going to have a massive reduction in your PvP efficacy. – Steven Sharif
You can't necessarily time perfectly the damage or understand even the health of the player. Unless you were in their party you cannot see an opponent's health as well, so that's another component that adds risk.. – Steven Sharif
- Hunting grounds refer to killing monsters or NPCs in the open-world.
- This also refers to contesting resources.
One of the interesting components of Ashes of Creation and our flagging system is that it presents the potential for two conflicting parties to have open conflict in the open world over pretty much anything that they may want or disagree with; and if that pertains to a hunting ground, not just the caravan or the castles or the nodes or whatever, it can exist in that area. – Steven Sharif
Outside of PvP for certain things like caravans, sieges of nodes and/or castles is that you're going to have those open-world hunting ground fights that may occur. You're going to have resources fights that may occur. You're going to have political fights that may occur between members of guilds; and we're taking the guild politics to a whole new direction in regards to playing those conflicts out. – Steven Sharif
Our PvP mechanics follow a flagging system, as well as static PvP zones at certain points of interest; fight for control over cities, castles, caravans, or hunting grounds. Our PvP is designed to offer the players a well-balanced and fair world to shape through the pen, or sword should they choose.
- In den Arenen wird es 1-Man, 3-Man, 5-Man, und möglicherweise 20-Man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) Gruppengrößen geben.
- Es wird verschiedene Arena-Stufen (Ranglistensystem) geben.
- Bürgermeister von Militär-Nodes werden von den Bürgern durch einen Last Man Standing (Gladiatoren-Style) Kampf gewählt.
- Das Arena-System könnte Serverübergreifende Kämpfe ermöglichen.
- Kämpfe in der Arena sind instanziert, aber Zuschauer könnten über ein Interface möglich sein.
- Belohnungen für das Erreichen der Arena-Stufen werden zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt enthüllt.
- Titel können durch das Voranschreiten in der Arena freigeschaltet werden.
- Arenapunkte, mit denen man Ausrüstung kaufen kann, sind aktuell nicht in der Entwicklung.
- There are quests that interact with PvP. PvP is not a secondary component of the game. PvP is an equitable component of the game. Remember we are a PvX game, which means that we emphasize both PvE quest lines and story modes and content as well as PvP. It is an intended design theory for Ashes of Creation that the world is not filled with just your friends. The world is also filled with adversaries; and because of that we will provide opportunities to encourage social friction; and that may be in the form of these PvP oriented questlines. – Steven Sharif
Da wir nicht-fraktionsbasiert sind, möchten wir dem Spieler die Möglichkeit geben, entweder Dinge zu tun die "böse" oder "gut" sind, so dass es auf der bösen Seite eine Fülle von Möglichkeiten geben muss, an denen er teilnehmen kann. – Steven Sharif
There is guild affiliation, there's party affiliation, there's a raid affiliation, alliance affiliation, there's a citizenship affiliation, there's society affiliation, there's religious affiliation. All of these things have some hierarchy; and within that hierarchy there's the ability to participate within certain systems. So for example, if you have a node that has fallen under your vassal state and you're a citizen of the parent node, then you could participate in a siege against the vassal node but if you're a citizen of the vassal node you could not participate as an attacker against the parent node; so there's a hierarchy, unless you were to renounce your citizenship. – Steven Sharif
- This will indicate the type of armor (cloth, leather, plate) that they are predominantly wearing.
- You can target a player. You're going to see what type of armor they have based on a buff they have available to them because obviously cosmetics can change appearance. You might have different silhouettes as a result of that. – Steven Sharif
- The border will indicate the level and quality of the tier set.
- The developers believe that inspecting gear to obtain an exact equipment list or gear score may lead to "unwelcome behavior".
- When you see a player approaching you and they're wearing a transmog you don't know if that person is a high damage mitigation against physical damage or against magical damage and essentially the way we overcome that is through you being able to target a player at a distance and they will have a buff that's present on them that you will see, which indicates that essentially the piece set that they are wearing. It is important for players to be able to ascertain from a threat assessment standpoint what they're going up against if they're actively checking that, and that will be available. – Steven Sharif
- Players that are not in the same party, raid, alliance, or guild will not be able to see other player's health percentages or exact health bar values.
- A player's name plate will deteriorate to give an indication of how much damage they have taken.
With regards to seeing another player's health: As you know their name plate will deteriorate or give you an indication of like hey they've taken damage they're significantly injured, but you're not going to get a percentage. You're not gonna get an exact bar value, unless you're in their party or in their raid. – Steven Sharif
Namensschild eines Charakters
- Dies kann der Vor-, sowie optional der Nachname sein.
- Der Gildenname des Charakters wird neben seinem Namen angezeigt.
- Das Namensschild des Charakters verändert sich, um als Indikator zu dienen, wie viel Schaden der Charakter genommen hat.
- Ein Icon wird die Class des Charakters anzeigen.
- Mit der Maus über das Namensschild eines Charakters zu fahren, zeigt sein Stufe, seinen Klassennamen, sowie seine Archetypen-Kombination.
- Ein Buff-Icon zeigt die Ausrüstung des Charakters.
- These ash piles are immediately lootable by any player.
- PvP-Statuseffekte is not triggered by looting.
- Certain bags may have reduced PvP looting times.
- It might even be the case that their particular bag space doesn't have available location for a three-by-one log; and you're a lumberjack and they see you just chopping down these trees and you're like, there's no point in me engaging with this person, because I have nothing to gain due to my capacity. – Steven Sharif
- There will be a period of time following a player's death before their mule despawns. Other players must kill that player's mule to be able to loot it.
- Players do not lose gold upon death, no matter their corruption level.
- Players drop glint as stolen glint on death based on applicable death penalties. Stolen glint is not bound to the character.
- Fall damage that occurs while mounted will be first applied to the mount; and if the mount dies as a result, then the remaining damage may overflow onto the player, but this will be determined based on testing.
- Players that drown will respawn on shore.
Bestrafungen für den Tod
- Non-combatant (green players) suffer normal death penalties, which include:
- Experience debt (negative experience). Experience debt scales to approximately 2 or 3 percent of the total XP for a max level player. These numbers are subject to change based on testing.
- Skill and stat dampening.
- Durability loss.
- When players die and they take durability loss, our durability loss isn't like other games where it's a gold sink so to speak. It's a combination of both a gold sink and a material sink. So in a sense, even if you only have completed items, when you take that durability loss you are losing out on materials. It's just a debt to the materials that you are losing instead of the active loss of that material in your inventory. So now you are accruing a material debt if you want to repair and increase again the performance of those particular items that take that durability loss. – Steven Sharif
- Dropping a percentage of carried gatherables and materials that are used in the generation of something else.
- Items made for final consumption are not dropped, such as consumable items created by the Kochen and Alchemy professions.
- A percentage of the glint a player is carrying are also dropped.
- Corrupt players (red players) suffer death penalties at four times the rate of non-combatants.
- Corrupt players also have a chance to drop any equipped items based on their current corruption score, including dropping weapons and armor.
- Any amount of corruption allows a player to drop equipped gear upon death. The higher the corruption the greater the chances. – Steven Sharif
- Corrupt players respawn at random locations in the vicinity of their death, not at regular spawn points. Non-corrupt players always respawn at the closest active respawn point (to their death).
- Corruption penalties occur as the corruption is gained (not just at death).
- Death penalties for corrupt players apply in every location, including naval PvP zones.
- There will not be death penalties applied to event-based deaths. The penalties are in the outcome of the event. So your number of deaths is likely going to impact your ability to win that particular event and that's going to be the penalty. This is it to encourage players to opt in to the events right because the more participation we have the more fun it can be; and we understand that the community at large- there's already a risk versus reward component to these events. We don't need to stack on additional risk versus reward to inhibit kind of- to increase the barrier to entry for players who may not be as interested. – Steven Sharif
- Gear degradation applies on death during Karawanen-PvP.
- Previously it was stated that death penalties do not differ between PvP and PvE.
- These penalties will be less than those for a green player.
- The goal is to give more agency to the player and achieve a more fluid flow of combat with greater mobility when using abilities.
- The current hybrid tab and action combat system will remain after the revamp.
- This revamp will not represent the final form of combat, but will set the general direction that combat will be taking.
- The revamp will be iterative and will be rolled out to testers in different phases.
- The developers will be testing whether or not to use global cooldowns GCDs on different types of abilities during Alpha-2.
The revamped combat system will feature split-body animations, where the character's upper body can be locked by weapon attack animations while the lower body is free to continue moving.
- You'll be able to move forward while swinging your weapon; and this will allow you complete control over your weapon attacks for melee. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 combat was focused on core functionality rather than combat balance. Alpha-2 combat will include archetypes, significant ability support, augments, split-body combat, weapon attacks, and many additional items, among other things.
- Changes that allow templated abilities to apply to 3D positions in the air or water will be prototyped and may be included in Alpha-2.
- Players cannot PvP while inside the footprint of a "home area" of player housing. This includes freehold homesteads, instanced apartments, and inns.
- Currently the plan is when you're on the footprint of a home, you can't be damaged by other players. Like all things that are a work in progress, this can change... which ties to your other question. Where specifically PvP can or can't happen isn't a core pillar. For example, when we said while on the footprint of your home building on a Freehold that you can't be harmed by other players, this doesn't change a core pillar of the game. Alpha Two will be significant moment for us to test, to get feedback, and iterate on things. – Ry Schueller
- Players are not able to be attacked or robbed while occupying their player stall inside the limits of a node.
- Q: Does 'home' also mean apartment or in-node house?
- A: Home is the "home area" of player housing. Instanced apartments and inns are player housing. – Ry Schueller
Performance in various PvP systems (such as Karawanen, Arenen, Gildenkriege) is measured over the course of 6 month PvP seasons. At the end of each season, a player's cumulative score may unlock various rewards.
- Number of successful siege defenses.
- Number of successful siege assaults.
- Number of PvP kills.
- Number of PvP deaths.
- Raid participation points.
- Number of firsts.
Visibility of those types of things on the server help to promote a competitive atmosphere. If there is an attainable impression that you can work towards, so that others know your success, you have more drive to succeed. – Steven Sharif
- Dungeon completed.
- Schlachtzüge completed.
- PvP kills.
- Karawanen raided.
- Sammeln activity.
- We have many dreams that we want to do with game-to-web and game-to-mobile in regards to showing stats and being making things shareable for you. We know how social media works; how sharing content with friends works. But those things will come in due time. – Margaret Krohn
When the guild participates in guild wars or they participate in sieges, you'll be able to climb the ranks of your inter-guild ladder as well so you get bragging rights amongst your friends. – Steven Sharif
Es wird eine Duell-Mechanik geben.
- Es wird möglich sein, Duell-Einladungen automatisch abzulehnen.
Time to kill
- Time-to-kill in the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale testing mode was adapted for a traditional battle royale setting.
- The developers do not want one-shots in the final MMORPG.
- In the MMORPG we really don't want to see any one-shots. The time-to-kill needs to be strategic and tactical. – Steven Sharif
- There may be a single unified hitbox with some exceptions or some special collision rules as opposed to having different sized hitboxes.
More than likely we'll have some sort of unified or unified-ish hitbox. But again it's going to probably have a unified hitbox with some exceptions or some special sort of collision rules based on them as opposed to just making it smaller for one and not the other. – Jeffrey Bard
We don't have separate types of hitbox categories, for example. There's no head hit box in the MMORPG like there was in APOC. So from a critical standpoint you're not going to see a greater risk of critting for a larger hitbox. – Steven Sharif
- Headshots were a part of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale.
- Previously it was stated that headshot mechanics may be implemented in the MMORPG along the lines of a higher critical chance and that they would not be one hit kills.
- Headshots in action combat are equivalent to a critical hit in tab targeted combat.
- Players relying on tab skills will have a fixed critical hit chance every time they use an ability or weapon.
- Players using action-based skills are going to rely on getting a head shot or hitting a critical spot on the opponent.
- Die Rasse setzt die Basiswerte eines Spielers.
- Der primäre Archetyp erhöht die Basiswerte.
- Der sekundäre Archetyp (Klasse) erhöht die Werte zusätzlich.
Different races have different stat compositions. Those stats can be important, but we also don't want them to dictate any meta for what classes are best used with different races. – Steven Sharif
2022-09-29 2022-09-29 2022-08-11 2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2021-03-02 2020-10-31 2020-03-28 2019-07-17 2019-03-18 2019-01-12 2018-06-05 2017-10-24 2017-10-14 2017-10-14
- Video, 2021-05-28 (25:44).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (1:09:50).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Ashes of Creation FAQ.
- Video, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-03-31 (1:12:27).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (8:35).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (41:54).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-28 (26:48).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (44:35).
- Interview, 2017-04-27 (0:17).
- Interview, 2019-04-22 (54:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (29:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (51:31).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-22 (42:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (5:05).
- Types of Events on Verra.
- Video, 2023-09-29 (2:59).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-02-24 (1:29:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:14:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-04-29 (41:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (14:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (45:14).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (49:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (45:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-08-26 (1:00:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (1:06:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-08-27 (1:22:56).
- Twitch Bustin - PvP Spectating.
- Liveübertragung, 2023-10-31 (1:14:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-03-28 (1:27:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-22 (40:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-22 (40:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (55:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-07-29 (1:12:14).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (31:05).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (13:13).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-09-24 (52:48).
- Interview, 2021-07-08 (57:19).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (44:28).
- Twitch Bustin - Practice Sieges?
- Liveübertragung, 2022-01-28 (17:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Interview, 2023-09-10 (25:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (1:43:03).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (21:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-08-23 (23:00).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (15:14).
- Video, 2016-12-04 (0:02).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Liveübertragung, 22. Mai 2017 (52:01).
- Liveübertragung, 15. Mai 2017 (17:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-01 (35:42).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (36:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-08-26 (1:03:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-28 (1:41:55).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (22:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-04-28 (2:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-03-31 (1:00:16).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (35:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-12-02 (2:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-12 (24:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-07-30 (1:10:34).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (34:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (1:09:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-10-31 (44:12).
- Interview, 2017-04-27 (1:18).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (1:05:27).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (49:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (35:20).
- Interview, 2017-02-01 (39:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-01-30 (1:40:48).
- Twitter - What a glorious day for ganking!
- Liveübertragung, 2018-07-09 (44:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (45:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-06-01 (35:42).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (24:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-08-23 (16:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (16:53).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (48:12).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (52:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (29:13).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (11:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-05-31 (1:06:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (39:36).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (11:27).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (58:07).
- Twitter - Better luck next time.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (2:07:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (53:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:28:10).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (52:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (1:34:55).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (23:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (2:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-22 (51:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-01-29 (1:21:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-03-28 (1:58:24).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-09-24 (51:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Podcast, 2023-07-15 (26:31).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-04-28 (1:18:48).
- Podcast, 2023-07-15 (28:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-01-29 (1:24:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (47:46).
- Interview, 2023-09-10 (53:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-02-25 (1:06:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-04-29 (1:08:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (50:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (13:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-05-28 (1:50:50).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (13:14).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (16:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-12-02 (1:26:02).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (15:41).
- Interview, 2017-04-27 (9:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-06-25 (1:15:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (36:23).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (38:03).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-07-30 (31:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-05-28 (1:14:50).
- Video, 2021-02-26 (6:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-02-26 (27:41).
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (49:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-07-29 (1:05:20).
- Video, 2023-07-28 (10:18).
- Interview, 2021-06-13 (4:12).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-05-28 (1:13:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-05-27 (1:11:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-05-27 (1:16:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:49:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-11-19 (54:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (2:04:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (28:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (59:39).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-09-24 (1:22:46).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:47:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-05-31 (2:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (58:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (44:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-06-25 (1:12:37).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (14:28).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (3:25:46).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (9:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-10-30 (1:15:59).
- Interview, 2018-10-21 (9:10).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (3:25:31).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (34:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-07-18 (35:58).
- Liveübertragung, 8. April 2018 (AM) (25:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-07-18 (37:25).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (34:59).