- North America (NA).
- Europe (EU).
- Asia/Pacific (SEA).
- Oceania (OCE) (Australia).
At this stage we do not have numbers on how many different servers will exist for different regions. We've said in the past 8-10,000 concurrent users per server is what we'd like to aim for. Obviously, the number of servers that exist in a region are going to be dependent on the population that's playing. – Steven Sharif
- South America is under consideration due to traffic from that region.
Once we get closer to launch we'll update this information, which may include additional regions.
- Players will be able to make characters on any server they wish. There will be no region locking (outside of harmonized regions).
The world will be the same on each server, but Nodes will develop differently. Different servers will have different narratives. Things that happen on one server may not happen on another.
- To answer your question about "what stops all servers from from progressing the same nodes," the answer to that question is "other players." Certain content is locked behind different nodes that develop. If we assume that at some point all of the information regarding node progression is available, not all players on a server may agree on what content they want access to, or that they want other players to have access to. Even if a certain perks from node progression are considered "best value" to players trying to solve a node meta, that doesn't mean all players on a server benefit from that in the same way. Because of this, some players make act against your best interests, because it isn't their best interest. Nodes define (and redefine) the world around you, influence points of interest, world quest lines, story arcs, drop tables, resource pools, and even spawn tables for NPCs and bosses. The cycle of nodes leveling and triggering events is something we expect to see play out in a variety of different ways, across different servers, based on how players choose to play Ashes of Creation. – Ry Schueller
- There will be a multitude of servers located throughout the various regions of the world.
- Server selection will show the region where the server is located and/or the ping to that server.
- With regards to live launch when the server's go live, you'll be selecting a server to play on; and that will be your character's home; and that server you'll be aware of where that server is located usually by either a ping or a region that's notated on next to the server. – Steven Sharif
- The developers may occasionally release stats relating to server populations and archetype/class makeup, but there isn't going to be an official page that surfaces this information.
- Server-firsts will be able to be captured and collected on memory fragments that players can collect in-game so they may relive their experiences.
This would likely be utilized more so by guilds than that would be solo or unaffiliated players; and I believe that the solo player they may have friends that they want to play with. That's fine, they can also still with those friends do the reservation system, but the player who is just joining the game fresh and doesn't have a community that they're part of, I don't think they really mind in that regard and will not utilize that system. – Steven Sharif
- Previously it was stated that English, French, German, and Russian will be supported then Italian, Polish and Spanish be added later.
- Other languages are being considered based on interest.
- Benutzeroberfläche localization tools are available in the chat window.
The current plan is for Ashes of Creation to be available in the following languages: English, French, German, Russian, Italian, Polish, Spanish, and Portuguese. Although this may not be the final list of languages we support, we are still looking at which other languages into which the game may be translated.
- Die monatliche Abo-Gebühr beträgt USD $14.99.
- Lebenslange Abonnements wurden an Crowdfunding-Unterstützer mit dem Braver of worlds Level (oder höher) vergeben.
I think a sub cost provides both the barrier of entry to prevent, some not all, but mitigate some gold selling bots and whatnot because there's a cost associated with playing the game, but it's also not too high that it gets on the greedy side or prevents a lot of players from participating and trying the game; and then if the game is good then people will continue to subscribe and that subscription provides funding and revenue for the developers to continue a significant content creation and expansion rollout for the game. – Steven Sharif
- Abos werden mit dem Launch beginnen. Alternativ, Änderungen vorbehalten, kann der Benutzer sein Abo selbst aktivieren, um dieses zu einem bestimmten Zeitpunkt zu beginnen.
- Dies sind eigenständige Modi, die für jeden zugänglich sind, nicht nur für Unterstützer.
Es gibt kein P2W in Apocalypse oder dem MMORPG!
- Intrepid Studios will be opening offices in Amsterdam to help support their publishing operations in the EU (European Union) and CIS regions.
We have learned a lot from our partnership with MY.GAMES, and we wish our friends there all the best as we have mutually decided to part ways. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce that Intrepid Studios will be opening European offices in Amsterdam to help support our publishing operations in the EU/CIS regions. We have recently posted open positions for our new EU offices, and look forward to hiring the best and brightest in true Intrepid fashion. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale early access testing ended on March 10, 2020. It was previously available for download on the official website and on Steam.
- Interview, 2017-05-08 (22:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (40:50).
- Ashes of Creation FAQ: Where will your servers be?
- Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (AM) (26:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-07-09 (47:54).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:21:03).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (48:13).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-11-19 (52:35).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-01-27 (4:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-14 (2:53).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:06:43).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:21:49).
- What languages will Ashes of Creation be in?
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (2:35).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (1:09:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (45:49).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (3:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-05-04 (53:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-02-26 (1:08:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-01 (1:05:10).
- Interview, 2018-08-21 (11:20).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.