Should you be deft enough to take a Castle, you’ll now be responsible for managing it. Castles will have their own Nodes associated with them, and developing and defending those Nodes will determine the state of your Castle during the next siege. If you’ve done a good job managing your kingdom, then you’ll have more and better options available for deployment during the next siege. If you let your populace fall to ruin, you may have to rely solely on your own devices.
Guild castles have three adjacent nodes in close proximity.
- Castle nodes exist outside of the node system. They are independent of anything that's happening outside in the world with other nodes shutting off certain nodes from progressing.
- Castle nodes do not have Citizenship, Zones of Influence, Grundbesitz, Node governments, or Soziale Organisationen.
- Castle nodes cannot exceed stage 3 (Village).
- Castle nodes are always military node types.
- Each of the dedicated castle nodes is barren at the start of the castle ownership period.
- The guild must develop those nodes to enhance the defenses of the castle.
- It will be possible, but very difficult for a single guild to fully develop these nodes. They will likely need assistance from the broader community.
Castle nodes are leveled through questing by the owning guild or alliance guilds.
- Levelling castle nodes is a hastened process compared to regular nodes.
- Using caravans to move supplies during the weeks before a castle siege.
- Completing these quests unlocks services and functions that are useful to the occupying guild and its allies as well as boosting the defenses the castle.
- Rival guilds will want to destroy supply caravans to prevent them from leveling up the castle and its dedicated nodes.
If they fail to to level up those nodes or complete those quests within the three prior weeks before the declaration week, then the castle will be at a disadvantage. – Steven Sharif
Being a member of the occupying guild automatically makes you a garrison of the castle nodes and castle itself.
↑ Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
↑ Video, 20 April 2017 (8:20).
↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3
↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Podcast, 23 April 2018 (15:14).
↑ 6.0 6.1 Podcast, 23 April 2018 (21:55).
↑ Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:29:00).
↑ Livestream, 23 August 2017 (23:00).
- Only members of the occupying guild are citizens of these nodes.
- This citizenship is different to normal node citizenship. Castle nodes don't operate like normal nodes.