- Vassal nodes must remain one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring nodes lower than stage 3 also block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This is intended to be tested in Alpha-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see Atrophie des Knotenpunkts). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
Weiterentwicklung des Knotenpunkts
Die Staatsbürgerschaft sowie Aktivitäten von Nicht-Staatsangehörigen Spielern (Quests, Sammeln, Raiding, etc.) innerhalb der Einflusszone eines Knotenpunkts zählt zu dieser speziellen Weiterentwicklung des Knotenpunkts (Fortschritt). Es gibt sechs Stufen der Weiterentwicklung des Knotenpunkts.
- Expedition (Wenige Stunden)
- Lager (Viele Stunden)
- Dorf (Ein paar Tage)
- Stadt (Viele Tage)
- Großstadt (Wenige Wochen)
- Metropole (Viele Wochen)
Die Weiterentwicklung eines Knotenpunkts gibt seinen einzigartigen Inhalt frei, was einen wachsenden Ring an benachbarten Knotenpunkten vom Fortschritt auf die nächste Stufe ausschließt.
- Die Knotenpunkte gelangen schnell auf die erste Stufe. Dies ermöglicht Dienstleistungen von NSCs wie Verkauf oder Banknutzung zum Lagern von Gegenständen.
- Je weiter der Knotenpunkt fortgeschritten ist, desto größer wird seine Einflusszone.
- Weniger fortgeschrittene Knotenpunkte (genannt Vassalen Knotenpunkt), die in den Einflussbereich eines fortgeschritteneren Knotenpunkts fallen, können immer noch XP gewinnen, müssen aber in einem niedrigeren Fortschrittsstadium bleiben als das des dominanten Knotenpunkts.
- Ein Knotenpunkt erhält XP von den Knotenpunkten innerhalb seines Einflussbereichs erst, wenn diese Knotenpunkte ihre Obergrenze erreicht haben.
- Spieler werden in Sicherheit gebracht, wenn sie sich während des Ausbaus der Knotenpunkte mit neu angelegten Objekten überschneiden.
- Bürger eines Knotenpunkts können zur Weiterentwicklung anderer Knotenpunkte beitragen.
- Der genaue Prozentsatz des Fortschritts durch den Erhalt von Gegenständen oder das Töten von Monstern wird nicht explizit bekannt sein, um ein "Ausspielen" des Systems zu vermeiden.
Different people have different resources invested in nodes progressing and it would be a little "gamey" if you could know exactly what was necessary at that point because that would disincentivize people from participating. – Steven Sharif
- Tax money only goes toward funding node development.
- Taxation rates scale based on when a player joined a node as a citizen. The goal is to exert financial pressure on node populations by making taxes increasingly expensive as nodes advance, rather than putting in place hard population caps.
- This tax doesn't necessarily impact the individual citizen, because citizen's tax levels are determined by their node, but the node's finances are affected by the taxation levied by its parent nodes.
Atrophie des Knotenpunkts
- Nodes accumulate an experience deficit each day based on the node's level. The deficit is subtracted from any experience earned that day. If any deficit remains, then this is subtracted from the node’s experience pool.
- Certain flags will appear to notify node citizens if their node has dropped below the required experience for its current stage. After a short period, if the atrophy is not addressed, the Node will then delevel.
- A node cannot delevel more than a single level at a time.
- When a Node delevels it enters a safe period, during which the deficit is temporarily reduced to 0.
If a Node delevels, it returns to the previous Stage, but keeps the racial style it had before deleveling. A Node cannot delevel more than a single level at a time. For example, a Level 2 Node would become a Level 1, or a Level 1 Node would become a Level 0. If deleveling would cause a Node to lose its Vassals, it does so. When a Node delevels it enters a “safe period,” during which the deficit is temporarily reduced to 0. Once the safe period expires, the Node can once again begin losing experience based on its deficit. – Margaret Krohn
- Marktplätze in Village level economic nodes have auction houses that allow raw resources and processed goods to be posted.
- Exchanges in Town nodes have expanded auction houses that allow all goods/items to be posted.
- Economic nodes that have reached the metropolis stage unlock the linked economy superpower.
- Up to two economic metropolises may be linked in this manner.
- Metropolis level economic nodes enable worldwide sale prices for auction houses across Verra.
- Items listed in one linked economic node can be bid on from any other linked economic node.
- Linked economies also connect an economic metropolis and its vassal economic nodes.
If a Node is the Vassal Node of an Economic Node, an Auctioneer NPC appears in that Vassal Node. The Auctioneer allows players to list non-resource/processed materials in the Parent Node’s Auction House, but players cannot bid on items from this Auctioneer. These resources and processed materials must be stored within an Economic Node in order to be listed in that Node’s Auction House. In order to bid, they must still travel to the Auction House in the Parent Node.
- A listing fee will be charged to list items in the auction house.
- Vassal nodes of the auction house node will be able to view items that are listed on that auction house, regardless of node type of the vassal node.
- This will be possible through an auctioneer emissary in that node.
- Items cannot be listed in non-economic vassal nodes.
- There may be a taxation difference between auction houses versus other player businesses.
- Players will need to travel to the auction house that contains the raw resources or processed materials to retrieve them.
- Players wishing to move these items elsewhere will need to utilize the caravan system or other type of transportation.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Eine reaktive Welt - Knotenpunkt.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (50:20).
- Video, 20 April 2017 (0:02).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (55:27).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (28:16).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:03:38).
- Interview, 27 March 2020 (0:30).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (57:02).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:04:49).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:26:16).