The world of Verra features an in-game viewable world map. This map is not randomly generated, and begins covered in a fog of war. Players will not be able to see the world until they have explored it or gathered information about it. The world is also full of imperfect information, which will require the player to act on it for verification.
For example, you may hear a rumor in a tavern that tells you the location of a cave full of weak Kobolds, but this was not accurate as the rumor was started by well-equipped bandits in order to waylay overconfident adventurers.
- These points of interest are determined by Node progression; and not every server will share the same map, as player decisions will vary server to server.
The map will have geographical choke points (such as Mountains) that are not traversable by players.
Even though we're an open-world that doesn't mean that from a design perspective, especially with the way our economic systems work, that we will want to create Geographic choke points. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Größe der Welt
- 2 Economic regions
- 3 Castle regions
- 4 Interessante Orte
- 5 Wahrzeichen
- 6 Alpha island
- 7 Prozedurale Generierung
- 8 Minimap
- 9 Schlachtkarten
- 10 Kopfgeldjäger-Karten
- 11 Startgebiete
- 12 Einflussbereiche
- 13 Knotenpunkte an der Küste
- 14 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse map
- 15 Klima
- 16 Treasure hunting
- 17 Server
- 18 Kunstwerke
- 19 Community guides
- 20 Siehe auch
- 21 Einzelnachweise
Größe der Welt
- Water area is considered playable area, but the exact area of land versus water is not known at this time.
480 square kilometers; which is pretty large comparatively to other MMORPGs out there. Now that does not include the lapped spaces: So that is the Underrealm and the portion of the world that it encompasses, which could probably easily take up an additional hundredish square kilometers I would imagine. – Steven Sharif
- The Alpha-0 map was a 4km x 4km area (16 km2).
- The Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale map was 2.5km x 2.5km (6.25 km2).
- The Alpha-1 map is expected to be roughly 100 km2.
- Castle regions are larger and encompass multiple economic regions.
- Nodes are the glue that hold castle and economic regions together in potential synergy or chaos.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- A castle's region is 1/5th the game world.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- Castle region boundaries are static.
- Castle taxes are carried via NPC generated caravans from the nodes that fall under the castle's purview to one of the castle nodes at the end of each week leading up to a castle siege.
- In addition to taxes, Castles also influence crop yields, resources and events within its region.
- Part of the tax and resources gathered are applied to the castle for improvements.
- The remainder of tax income can be used by the guild for whatever they want.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
- Populations will change.
- Content difficulty will change.
- The content may be different altogether, depending on what is developed and how.
- Different types of antagonists with different story lines.
- Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages.
- Storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will depend on the story arc paths chosen through the node system.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
- As nodes advance and expand they will influence nearby points-of-interest such as dungeon bosses, regional bosses and Schlachtzugbosse.
- The difficulty level and loot tables of these encounters will change based on this influence.
Major visual landmarks. You can look all the way across the horizon have an idea where you're going or where to meet friends or where to meet just based on these huge landmarks in the world. – Mat Broome
Positionen von Ressourcen
Players will be able to move resources and set up shop in other areas to take advantage of the varied markets. With resources spawning dynamically, certain regions will naturally become important trading hubs for the transportation of goods throughout the world.
Schlachtkarten allow players to strategize, gain bonuses on planned attacks, and see the blueprints of attackable points. Whether attacking a node or castle, players will be able to discern defenses, analyze possible weak points and gain tactical advantages before the battle begins.
- Battle maps might not fit into lower level or smaller sized taverns.
- Battle maps are not currently on the official roadmap for launch.
Schlachtkarten offer an interactive command map instead of the standard World map. The system would be accessed through Rathaus or battle planning center. Battle maps work similar to a Risk board, with the node siege map laid out with moveable pieces that would represent defenses. Moving pieces would create buff zones that would give active siege players access to special items or perks. The map does not show the currently active battle: pieces will have to be moved before the battle commences. The idea is to make sieges more strategic and avoid simple zerg tactics.
Spieler mit genügend Verderbnispunkten sind auf der Weltkarte und auf Mini-Karten sichtbar. Diese Spieler haben eine eigene Markierung auf der Weltkarte, die von einem NPC eines Militärknotenpunktes von mindestens der Stufe 4 (Stadt),und wird nur an jene Spieler verteilt, die den Kopfgeldjäger Titel besitzen. Die Genauigkeit von Kopfgeldjägerkarten wird vom Fortschritt eines Spielers im Kopfgeldjägersystem bestimmt.
Tavernen sind Orte, an denen Kopfgelder ausgehängt werden. Gewinnen Spieler viele Verderbnispunkte, kann es sein, dass Tavernen ein Kopfgeld auf diese Spieler aushängen. Oder sie verlangen, dass ein spezifisches Gebiet von Problem-Spielern gereinigt wird. Dies lässt einen Indikator auf der Weltkarte erscheinen.
Bounty hunter Pathfinding ability
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Pfadfinder||Reveals corrupted player locations on the bounty hunter's map. Activating this ability will flag the bounty hunter for combat only to corrupted players for a period of one hour from the time of activation. The pathfinding ability can be toggled on or off.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.|
- Starting areas are located near one of the four divine gateways where players spawn into the world.
- Each race has its own starting area.
- Starting areas include expeditionary NPC settlements that serve as initial quest origination points. Überlieferungen-wise, these settlements represent scouts that were sent ahead of the main expedition back to Verra.
A problem that a lot of MMOs have is that those starting areas become just kind of vacant of players and it's so sad because the greatest aspect of an MMO is that community that you get to experience, so one of the great things about the node system is that it really works from new player acquisition standpoint, where these nodes tend to develop larger near the starting location areas around the world; and it brings these players back to those locations if they're citizens and want services within those cities. So, as new players enter the world they're going to actually be surrounded most likely by more population because people are coming back to those larger nodes. – Steven Sharif
- Divine gateways are where players first arrive in Ashes of Creation.
- Players can choose their starting gateway. This choice is not restricted by their choice of race.
- The divine gateways were created by the Goddess of Creation in response to a warning from the Goddess of Fate that The Ancients and The Others would return from exile and seek retribution for their defeat at the hands of The Seven gods.
Where players start, they enter this portal from another world called Sanctus. Sanctus is a place of no magic, low technology; and players are the first expeditioners that are coming through this portal into the world of Verra. – Jeffrey Bard
Each Node can form into towns, but are limited by their neighbors. The Nodes have different levels of advancement. There can only be so many of each level. Think of this as advanced settlements needing more elbow room. Nodes encompass more land as they grow and will require more effort to be sustained. This system is a main driver for change in the world because it creates scarcity. As Nodes advance in stages of growth they will lock out neighboring Nodes from progressing, and will absorb their zones of influence.
The main thing that differentiates us from other MMOs is that we have a living, breathing, reactive world... Our world is separated into zones, which are then separated into what we call nodes. Nodes are sort of invisible zones of influence that listen to everything that a player does; so as players gain experience from killing things, gain experience from doing quests, gain experience through crafting things, the node is also gaining that experience. Once a node gains enough experience it levels up and then starts to attract NPCs to it . – Jeffrey Bard
Zonen und Entwicklung
Dungeons, Schlachtzüge, Weltbosse, Mobs, Abenteuer, Events, Ressourcen, Narratives and other content within a node's ZOI will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
Knotenpunkte an der Küste
- Diese Nodes werden wasserorientierte Einflüsse haben. Zudem stehen Fähigkeiten, Dienstleistungen, und Questlinien zur Verfügung, welche in Verbindung mit der See stehen.
- Küsten-Nodes verändern die Spawntabellen des umliegenden Wasser-Contents und können auch bestimmte Events auslösen.
- Häfen in Küsten-Nodes werden Questlinien haben, welche sich auf den Ozean und nahe gelegenen Inseln beziehen.
- Es könnte möglich sein, eine Küstenstadt über den Seeweg zu belagern.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse map
Forest of Erinthia map
- Breakwater Quarry
- Chillmouth Outpost
- Coldwind Township
- Dream Spire
- Erinthia's Shame
- Hallowed Vale
- Icebound Lookout
- Icecap Thicket
- The Spirit Vault
- City of Alerynn
- City of Gant
- Creation's Rest
- Crystal Canyons
- Farstrider Outpost
- Fionne Vale
- Fort Ryll
- Karthmere Keep
- La'sai Village
- Nyliann Academy
- Rotweald Forest
- Sa'kaan Fens
- Sky Mesa
- Spire of Eremus
- Town of Grimsale
- Town of Valenn
- Wetterbedingungen verändern sich mit den Jahreszeiten. – Jeffrey Bard
- Es wird dynamisches Wetter geben, welches auch in der Intensität variiert.
- Zum Beispiel: Nieselregen zu/von Sturm, oder Schneesturm zu/von Schnee.
- The more treasure a player finds the better maps they can create.
- Hints are given through rumor mills, interaction with different NPCs, and gaining access to potential dig sites.
- Treasure hunting will be a "way of life" rather than a profession.
- Post launch, users will be able to select their server by the ping or the region that's notated next to the server.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse server selection is driven by the party leader. Whatever region they have selected will apply to their friends and squad.
We'll have a multitude of servers located throughout to the various regions of the world; and those servers will be good connection points for- and will be driven by- I mean there's two types of servers I'm sorry: For the alpha-1 arena those will be driven by the party leader right; and wherever whatever region they have selected if they invite friends to their squad or whatever, they'll be able to play on that region. With regards to live launch when the server's go live, you'll be selecting a server to play on; and that will be your character's home; and that server you'll be aware of where that server is located usually by either a ping or a region that's notated on next to the server. – Steven Sharif
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter
- Interview, 2017-05-22 (22:54).
- The mighty beard!
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:25:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-09-30 (55:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-01-30 (1:18:12).
- Interview, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-31 (24:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (9:08).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (15:14).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (3:44).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (1:39:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (10:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-12-15 (1:09:36).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-31 (33:28).
- Interview, 2017-01-20 (06:12).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (48:00).
- Interview, 2017-04-27 (9:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-03-28 (32:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:03:03).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (29:25).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (25:20).
- Video, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-08 (0:00:00).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (13:33).
- Interview, 2018-04-20 (5:46).
- Node series part I
- Ashes of Creation FAQ.
- Interview, 2018-04-20 (7:22).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (55:16).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-07-09 (39:32).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (58:53).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (48:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (37:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Forest of Erinthia locations.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse locations.
- Video, 2017-05-30 (0:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (36:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-06-01 (29:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (41:25).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (53:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-05-04 (39:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (40:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (48:13).