- Experience gained from killing mobs and bosses when in a group is divided by the number of party members based on damage done by the group (compared to any other parties attacking that mob or boss).
- A multiplier is then applied that increases with the number of party members. The multiplier is between 1.3 and 1.4 (approximately).
- Experience gained also takes into account the difference between the party's highest and lowest level characters.
- Experience gained from quest rewards is not shared with other party members.
- Experience gained is not affected by looting rights.
- Experience will be awarded for participating in objective-based PvP on a diminishing returns basis.
- Rested experience allows players to gain experience at a faster rate for a period of time.
- There are no current plans to replace rested experience with another bonus for max-level players.
- Rested experience increases the rate that experience debt is paid back.
- Es wird keine "grindy" Aufträge geben.
- Es wird keine repetitiven Quest-Linien durch einen einzigen Dungeon geben, um Ausrüstung zu erhalten.
- Das Bestreben ist es, im Spiel mehr Dinge erledigen zu können, als ein Spieler Zeit hat.
Wenn ich eine Fähigkeit habe, die eintausend Schaden, auf ein Ziel gleichen Levels, verursacht, will ich nicht, dass diese Fähigkeit Null Schaden an einem Ziel ausübt, dass fünf Level über mir ist. – Steven Sharif
- On release the developers anticipate max level should be attainable in approximately 45 days if playing 4-6 hours per day.
- The developers estimate that players will reach level cap before a quarter of nodes reach Dorf (Stufe 3).
- Alpha-1 had progression to level 15.
- Alpha-2 expects progression to level 35 (subject to change).
Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat (such as Node-Belagerungen) that is not directly dependent on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
- The idea is not to be a game where somebody can essentially no life for a week and be max level. The idea is to incorporate some significant chunk of time but still respect the casual player, because the way we respect the casual player is not everything is driven in our game through the adventuring progression line. Not everything is driven through your class level per-se. There's a lot of different progression paths that are available and make you relevant within certain systems and mechanics within the game; and some of those paths are more casual friendly and some of those paths are more hardcore friendly. So with regards to the adventuring class, the idea is to make sure that investment needs to be pretty significant and that the reward then is respective of that investment. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation will not have a typical end-game where content is essentially static and repetitive. Instead, max-level characters will be able to engage with many different gameplay loops that open up based on how the world progresses over time.
- Endgame to me communicates static. It is static structure. Okay, you've entered this loop, now and this is your end-game loop that you will repeat over and over. Whereas instead, the approach for Ashes is you have now reached a point where all of these loops are relevant; and the loops are present to you depending on how the community engages the world. And it's up to you to identify the most promising loops because you have a finite amount of time and resources in which you can engage with them. And that's then where strategy becomes a part of the picture: How will I choose to engage with these loops to maximize my return, or to maximize the specific benefit I wish to bring in individual, group, myself, or guild. – Steven Sharif
- Part of the whole experience with nodes is that there is no real end-game, in that the world is constantly shifting every day. Month one is going to be really different from month two; and that's for the level 50s and level 1s. – Jeffrey Bard
Zonen und Entwicklung
Dungeon, Schlachtzüge, Weltbosse, Mobs, Aufträge, Events, Ressourcen, Narratives and other content within a node's ZOI will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
- Portions of the spawn tables (for mobs and resources) are static and other portions are dynamic and adapt to node development.
- We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (1:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (46:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:22:23).
- Video, 2023-01-27 (30:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (44:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-05-27 (1:11:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (27:52).
- The mighty beard!
- Liveübertragung, 2023-06-30 (1:22:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-09-29 (1:18:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (26:13).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (4:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:34:55).
- Podcast, 2023-07-15 (11:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-12-15 (58:48).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (1:07:59).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (19:25).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-01-28 (15:35).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (1:12:51).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (42:51).
- Video, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Liveübertragung, 2022-08-26 (1:28:50).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.