- There isn't RNG in crafting but there may be a small amount of RNG in enchanting.
- Over-enchanting items may come with a potential risk that the item is destroyed.
- Vertical enchantments are a power progression for a crafted item. More damage or mitigations, added effects or bonuses.
- Vertical enchantments include risks.
- Horizontal enchantments are more situational. For example: I'd like my sword to do force damage instead of holy damage because the monsters I tend to fight are incorporeal.
- This doesn't make the item more powerful, but instead more applicable to different situations, and less so to others.
- This type of enchanting assumes no risk, just time and effort.
- The weapon use combo system determines special effects that proc based on weapon progression.
- Ancillary effects proc based on enchantment types.
- Gear enhancements (power stones) can be applied to add elemental or energy types of damage.
- A skill tree is used to grant effects: making them better or branching off into different directions.
- Passive skills will enable players to work toward mastery of a weapon.
- Weapon proficiency (based on length of use of a weapon) is not a planned feature.
- Q: Are weapons balanced towards a proficiency system (i.e. the longer I use a sword, the better my damage will be), or will it be a normal RPG stat system with no long-term scaling?
- A: We will not be using a proficiency system as described, but players will have passives available in their skill tree that will increase effectiveness of certain weapons. Becoming a master of swords will be something that is possible, just not in that particular manner. – Sarah Flanagan
Ashes of Creation is all about providing many progression paths... The reason why we don't like the term endgame is because with the amount of progression that's available with the amount of diversity and player agency that that impacts the world... We kind of want the the weapon system and add an element of that as well... You can determine special effects that proc from currently the combo system right; you can determine ancillary effects that proc based on enchantment types; you can power stone weapons to add different either elemental types of damage and/or energy that kind of play rock paper scissor with player defenses ... and then you can skill tree out how those effects that are granted ... you can make them better you can branch them off into a different direction. – Steven Sharif
We are very likely going to have a rune system and then we'll have the ability to sort of enchant weapons outside of that too... That's not always going to be like a vertical progression... Some of it's going to be giving up something to get something else; so maybe I do less physical damage but more magical damage, that kind of thing. – Jeffrey Bard
- Indicate threat to other players.
- Give recognition for difficult achievements.
Spieler-Stände (also called Kiosks and rental stalls) are rentable locations near the unique building in an Economic node. Renting a player stall enables players to sell items as well as provide repair and enchanting services, even when they are not online.
- Player stalls may be utilized for a period of time based on the price paid to rent the stall.
- An attendant is assigned to the stall.
- Bulletin boards that list the items available in player stalls can be accessed from anywhere in the region.
- These give the location of the stall so players can travel there and purchase the items.
- Players are able to input required items for repair and also purchase required materials for that repair.
- Players are not be able to be attacked while occupying their player stall.
Zerstörung von Gegenständen
- Haltbarkeit der Gegenstände (item decay). Zero percent durability will unequip an item, increasing its repair costs.
- Over-enchanting carries the risk of destroying that item.
- Players gain craftable items and recipes from deconstructing (salvaging) completed items.
An important aspect of a healthy economy is having some item sinks available... There are three kinds of item sinks: You can gain craftable items from deconstructing completed items; You can have decay... and if you want to over-enchant that item there will be a potential to destroy it as well. It's important for an economy to experience those types of emphasis on what can be crafted as well as seeing those items that are crafted be destroyed as well..
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (58:55).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (20:41).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (58:28).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (1:28:40).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (45:37).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (1:11:19).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (21:37).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (16:00).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:26:16).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:36).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (35:16).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (59:39).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (10:47).
- Podcast, 13 May 2017 (25:55).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (20:41).