Zur Navigation springen Zur Suche springen
- Other elemental influences may include Darkness, Light and Planar. The Air Strike ability has a nature based root.
- Elements may have more influence in certain seasons and climates. For example, frost abilities may be stronger in winter. This affects both PvE and PvP.
- There may be ley lines and strong magical places in the world that change or alter the way spells work.
- We've discussed a little bit about how the seasons and biomes will react with different types of skills. Like if you have a fireball and it's summer it might be a little bit different. If it's winter and you have a frost ability it might be different. – Steven Sharif
The idea behind magic is you're manipulating the elements. They don't just have to be fire, ice, water and air. They can be darkness, they can be light, they can be planar; a lot of different types of "elemental influences". – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Ball Lightning||Creates a large ball of highly charged electricity that travels slowly forward, dealing rapid periodic lightning damage to enemies it overlaps with and applying 1 Electrified stack to targets with each hit.||-||-|
|Blizzard||Channel a massive blizzard around you, raining a barrage of hail shards upon your enemies while channeling. Each shard impact deals ice damage in a small area around it. All enemies in the blizzard also acquire 1 stack of Chilled periodically. Activate the ability again to end the channel early.||-||-|
|Cone of Cold||Blasts a cone of cold in front of the caster, dealing ice damage and applying a stack of Chilled to each enemy hit. The blast also leaves behind a field of ice mines that explode on proximity contact, causing ice damage and 1 Chilled stack to nearby enemies when triggered.||-||-|
|Elemental Empowerment||Whenever you cast an elemental spell, your weapon attacks deal additional damage of that spell's element and apply a stack of the corresponding elemental status effects to targets hit. Casting a spell of a different element switches this effect to the new element.||-||-|
|Fireball||Instantly hurl a ball of fire toward your target, dealing fire damage and applying 1 stack of Burning to target on impact. Burning deals periodic fire damage over time for each stack applied. When the target reaches 5 stacks, they become Conflagrated, dealing extreme fire damage over time. Hitting a conflagrating enemy with a lightning spell causes Fusion, dealing significant damage and removing the Conflagrated effect.||-||-|
|Fissure||Calls forth a series of jagged spikes of earth in a line in front of the caster, dealing earth damage and applying two stacks of Earthen to each enemy hit along its path, and then launching them in the air.||-||-|
|Frostbolt||Launch a bolt of frost towards your target, dealing ice damage and applying 2 Chilled stacks to the target on impact. Chilled reduces movement speed of the target for each stack applied. When the target reaches 5 stacks, they become Frozen, rooting them in place for the duration. Hitting a frozen enemy with a lightning spell causes them to Shatter, dealing significant damage and removing the Frozen effect.||-||-|
|Lava Storm||Creates a field of lava at the selected location. Deals area damage over time.||Increased damage. Increased duration.||Increased damage. Increased duration.|
|Lightning Strike||Held ability: Charge up a bolt of lightning to unleash upon your target, dealing lightning damage and applying 2 stacks of Electrified to the target. This deals additional damage based on how long it was charged. Electrified reduces the target's magical mitigation for each stack applied. When the target reaches 10 stacks, all Electrified stacks are consumed and they become temporarily Shocked. Whenever a Shocked enemy takes damage, they take additional damage and 1 stack of Shocked is consumed. Shocked is initially applied with 20 stacks.||-||-|
|Magma Field||Erupts the earth at target location, forming a boiling pool of lava that deals fire damage to enemies per tick while periodically applying a stack of Burning to enemies within the area.||-||-|
|Meteor||Conjures a massive flaming rock before sending it hurling toward target location. Upon impact, it deals major fire damage while knocking foes flying, and then continues to roll forward for its remaining distance, dealing additional fire damage while applying stacks of Burning to enemies along its path.||-||-|
|Thundershock||Shoots forward a beam of lightning that damages enemies in a line in front of you.||Increased damage.||Now knocks down hit targets.|
- Say for instance, I am a Waldläufer that has a Charge bolt ability as my primary active skill and I've chosen Magier as my secondary and applied the elemental to it. I now have a Frost charge bolt, and if I fire that frostbolt and hit a target, they may be freezing for a period of time as a debuff and that might slow their speed. If a wizard applies a nuke on a target and that nuke is a frost-based nuke, those two stacking elements might then either further snare (slow the target) or paralyze and freeze the target. So, there are combination out effects that build up: A primary, secondary and some ancillary effect occurs when those are combined. – Steven Sharif
- There's going to be four schools of augmentation for each archetype. One of the schools for the mage is the teleport school. You can take that teleport augment, apply it to your charge skill: now instead of charging x distance over time you're going to immediately teleport to the target dealing x damage and a condition modifier. If you were to apply the elemental school to your class ability you would then instead you would charge x distance; upon reaching target you would set the target ablaze if it's fire or you would electrocute them and deal with damage over time. – Steven Sharif
List of elemental mobs
- Liveübertragung, 2023-04-07 (1:11:14).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (27:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (26:19).
- Video, 2022-09-30 (15:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-09-30 (1:04:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-06-01 (20:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:32:16).
- Video, 2023-09-29 (11:29).
- Video, 2023-04-28 (7:15).
- Video, 2023-04-28 (9:22).
- Video, 2023-04-28 (11:22).
- Video, 2023-04-28 (14:55).
- Video, 2023-04-28 (15:35).
- Video, 2020-12-22 (7:36).
- Video, 2020-12-23 (1:29).
- Blog: Blazing the way - Mage Alpha One Preview.
- Video, 2023-04-28 (13:40).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Video, 2020-12-23 (0:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (39:15).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (58:18).