We're fairly similar to the holy trinity of class identity. I think that the way our primary archetypes and secondary archetypes, the combination of that creating these 64 different classes, it is a goal to kind of blur the line between those identities, that standard Trinity that's present. I think additionally the way that we're developing classes is to be that rock-paper-scissors type of interaction, especially balance them around group vs. group kind of dynamics or group dynamics; and... by utilizing the augment system allows for players to kind of take skills outside of just the realm of their identity and into a different area. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Barde
- 2 Kleriker
- 3 Kämpfer
- 4 Magier
- 5 Waldläufer
- 6 Schurke
- 7 Beschwörer
- 8 Tank
- 9 Siehe auch
- 10 Einzelnachweise
Truly a force multiplier, the bard weaves songs of glory and conquest, inspiring his comrades to ever greater heights. The bard knows secret and powerful words, is able to speak into being terrible nightmares, or convince foes to become friends.
Bards are intended to amplify a party or raid's ability to perform within their own class. That amplification isn't just intended for DPS, but also for support, for healing, for taking damage, for movement. Bards have often been portrayed as a musical class and while they can be that, many Bard applications may exist in just telling a story. Telling a story is going to be the thematic component of how the Bard interacts with the party. And that story is going to enhance player's abilities to perform. Very similar in a way to buffing up a party, but you are not going to see him as a "buff bot" that you might have experienced in previous games, where they are only good for their buffs and then you kick them out of party and they sit in a corner and come back in 30 minutes. Those buffs are going to be related to how they perform. – Steven Sharif
- Bards will have a wide range of abilities to choose from, such as wordsmithing, acting, and musical aspects.
- Bards will offer proximity-based or proc-based healing to a much lesser degree than Clerics.
- Bards will not be the "downtime" class. This is the role of social spaces within nodes.
- Bards will have utility outside of combat, like all other classes.
In other games, Bards tend to be a relatively passive kind of way of playing and that's really not the direction that we want to go with it. We want every class to be fun to play. We want every class to be viable. We want you to feel like you are doing something: That your moment-to-moment gameplay is fun; so a lot of that kind of stuff is going to be based on combos, on reactive interactions between your party members and the mob that you're fighting, or the player character that you're fighting. There's going to be a lot of movement from the front lines to the back lines to kind of help out and make sure that everybody is supported in the way that they're doing it; and that you are also being active in what you're doing. You're not just sitting in the back passively playing a lute and not having any fun. – Jeffrey Bard
- Some buffs are related to how the bard performs in combat: If a bard lands a skill shot against a target, allies within a certain range might be granted a temporary buff that relates to the skill that the bard used.
Let's say the Bard is using a weapon, has a sword out and... does some gladiatorial looking performance attack and it looks so great. It inspires his friends around him to increase their multiplier on critical damage, and now they deal additional damage against targets for the next 10 seconds or 8 seconds. So, you're going to need to be active. You're going to worry about your position, the relation of the position of your party members to you in order to accentuate really what you offer the party. – Steven Sharif
In a world often fraught with peril, a Cleric is never wanting for friends. They can protect their allies in a number of ways, and when necessary, snuff the life out of others. As masters over the very essence of vitality, they can sense the broken and corrupted... The strands of this essence connect everything and everyone. Clerics find themselves particularly attuned to the threads that channel life and motive energy. By reinforcing these tendrils, they can heal and even resurrect those that have been wounded. By tearing them, they can steal energy from their foes, turning their enemies’ powers against them amid the frenzied heat of battle.
Restoration. Enhancement. Debilitation. Clerics keep their team in the fight by bolstering their combat abilities and cursing their enemies. Far from simply supporting their allies through healing, a Cleric is also capable of wielding destructive force in the face of danger.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Benediction||Chain heal that heals up to 3 targets.|
|Castigation||Lashes your target with holy energy, dealing direct damage. Provides health regeneration and mana restoration for you and surrounding allies.|
|Damnation||Curses your target, dealing holy damage over time and lowering their damage output.|
|Devotion||A swift act that heals your target. It's a quick hot.|
|Divine Censure||Throws a radiant spear at the target, dealing damage. Any time the target is attacked, the attacker has a chance to get healed.|
|Exorcism||Holy power rips at your target's spirit, channeling damage over time. A holy energy blast damages nearby enemies at the end of the channel.|
|Hallowed Ground||Fills the surrounding area with radiant energy, damaging enemies and healing allies.|
|Judgment||Holy power crushes your target, dealing direct damage and lowering their damage mitigation.|
|Resurrection||Resurrects a dead ally.|
The fighter is an expert in physical combat. A master of many weapons, this warrior strikes fear into the heart of his foes.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Rush||Rush toward a target; and upon reaching the target, deal an amount damage with a chance to knock the target down.||-||-|
What we want the Fighter warrior to do is to be able to cut through enemy lines, get to the support area of a raid perhaps and take out healers with some quick DPS burst damage. We want them to be masters of different weapons. We want them to be able to be versatile in whether or not they want to be a ranged fighter or melee one. It's going to be up to the player. – Steven Sharif
In a world of high magic, no party would be complete without a mage. Masters of the arcane, they bring terrible elements to bear in devastating spells. If reality needs changing in some fashion, ask a Mage to help.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|After image||Summon shadows of yourself to confuse your enemies, granting you momentary invulnerability. Lasts 4 seconds. Mirror image evasion buff.||Increased evasion.||Bonus damage while buff is active.|
|Arch lightning||Launch a bolt of lightning in a forward line, damaging all within its path.||Adds damage over time to targets hit.||Chains to nearby enemies that are not hit. Anyone who is outside the line has a chance to get a bolt jump to them.|
|Black hole||Pulls all enemies to a point picked by the caster after a short delay.||Snares targets after pull.||Black hole explodes at the end of the pull duration dealing damage.|
|Blink||Blink forward in the direction you are traveling.||Increased blink distance. Reduces threat on targets nearby upon activation.||Increased blink distance. Deals area damage upon impact.|
|Cloth armor (passive)||Increases armor given by cloth armor.||Further increases armor given by cloth armor.||Bonus mana for each piece of cloth armor.|
|Elemental (passive)||Increases to elemental damage. The more the mage changes their element type the more damage is done.||-||-|
|Forcefield||Eats mana based on flight height and duration. Mitigates incoming damage by eating mana at a high consumption. Has mixed utility and defensive application.||-||-|
|Gift of the Magi||Grant a portion of the Mage's mana to friendly character.|
|Ice prison||Target an enemy and summon a prison of ice around them, paralyzing them.||Adds damage over time.||Snares after root breaks.|
|Ice sheet||Creates an area where enemies are knocked down.||Snares two targets in area.||Increases size and duration.|
|Implosion||Launch a powerful burst of fire (fireball) against a single target.||Becomes a burn (damage over time).||Area of effect around the target.|
|Mage's detection||Reveal secret passages and magically hidden terrain around you. Casts light and reveals magical explosive hazards.||-||-|
|Gemeinschaftsportal||Create a portal under the caster and place a second portal in a location picked by the caster. Portal will only work for a certain number of players. May be able to be used offensively.||Increases range.||Using portal reduces threat and clears targets.|
|Prismatic Beam||Channels a beam attack toward a target. Does more damage the longer the ability is held down.||Damages over time after channel.||Damages enemies between caster and target in a cone.|
|Quake||If your focus is at 80%, cast this spell to split the earth itself before you, launching a line of AoE damage.||Knock down those hit by your arcane might.||Reduces focus cost and cooldown for the skill.|
|Safe space||Targeted party member (can be self) is removed from combat for duration. They are sent to some extra dimensional location.||Banished target gets extra mana while banished.||Reduced cooldown.|
|Spellbook combo||Target an enemy and use magic missiles from your spellbook to strike with multiple blows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||-||-|
|Tentacles||Creates an area of effect around the caster that roots targets.||Adds damage over time to targets and increases range.||Increases duration.|
Death from afar is the ranger's raison d'etre. A master of the bow and ranged combat, the Ranger is more than happy to let others get their hands dirty. No one else has such a keen eye in natural environments.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Bow's combo||Target an enemy and use your bow to strike with two arrows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||Prepares four arrows.||Prepared shot works on all arrow attacks.|
|Flame line||Shoot an arrow that leaves behind a trail of flames.||Arrow explodes upon reaching the end of its distance.||Enemies take burning damage for entering the flames.|
|Fleeting shot||Retreating shot rolls backward and does damage.||Increases max range.||Breaks crowd control.|
|Hail of arrows||If your focus is at 80%, use this skill to summon a template and launch multiple arrows within the template.||Adds movement slow.||Adds damage over time to targets in the area.|
|Jump||Dash with cooldown.||Cooldown is replaced by charges with individual cooldown.||Drops a bear trap at the location the ranger dashed from.|
|Knockback shot||Knocks a target back X distance.||Adds damage.||Add knockdown.|
|Light armor (passive)||Increases armor given by light armor.||Further increases armor given by light armor.||Each piece of light armor increases damage.|
|Marked arrow||Target an enemy to use this skill, causing that enemy to take additional physical damage.||Enemy takes additional magical damage.||Increases the duration of this debuff.|
|Power shot||Use this skill to charge up a shot that fires forward in a line, damaging all enemies it touches.||Chance to cause bleed damage over time.||Splits into a fan of arrows in a cone. Radius increases based on hold duration.|
|Ranged passive||Reduces minimum range of all abilities.||Increases max range of all abilities.||Increases crit chance. This effect has a cooldown.|
|Slice||Cone melee attack.||Becomes a 360° melee attack.||Adds hemorrhage (bleed) damage.|
|Snare||Foot pin roots target in place.||Adds a bleed.||Snares after root expires.|
|Sniper's eye||Summon a zone around you, while within this zone, deal +200% damage for all attacks.||-||-|
|Sprint||Increases movement speed. Using an ability ends sprint.||Increased resistance to disable abilities.||Clears crowd control when sprint starts and removes silence.|
|Track||Use this skill to show nearby tracks, leading to unknown adventures.||-||-|
|Trap||Place a bear trap under the caster that holds them in place and does damage. Also holds targets in place and does damage.||Traps stun instead of root.||Place up to two traps.|
The rogue is master of opportunity, using skill, positioning, and the environment to dish out frightening amounts of damage. In their downtime, they provide solid utility, helping their friends navigate dangers otherwise unseen.
- Rogues will have utility skills that enable them to discover hidden doors, traps and additional treasures.
- These will be randomly spawned throughout different times of the day to ensure that encounters are not the same each time.
If you're in a party and you have a Rogue that's available, they'll be able to use that utility skill to discover these random doors that might exist in a dungeon. Now the way we make it so that it's not essentially the same door every time and it's just a first time thing and every time thereafter you know where that door's at, is these locations are randomly spawned throughout different times of the day so they'll change essentially as you go into a dungeon at different times. So it'll be important and relevant for parties to make sure that they have a diversity of archetypes available to them. And in particular for the rogues case because they can find those hidden type doors and then have access to different types of loot tables based off of that. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Stealth||This does not render a player completely invisible. Instead, there will be indicators that can help players "feel out" where stealthed individuals may be.||-||-|
The summoner is never alone. Two hands are good, but in the summoner's opinion, four hands are always better. With the right tool for every job, there's no situation they can't handle.
- Summoners can summon up to three Summons.
- Abilities from the summon appear on the summoner's hotbar.
- Summoner has control over their summon.
- Summoners can summon Tank, DPS or Support summons.
- Summons will exist until another summon is cast, the summon is killed, or the summoner logs off.
- Summoners will likely not be able to fuse with their summons (eidolons).
- Summons can be leveled through the application of skill points to their active skill.
- Summons will be able to use crowd control (CC).
- Zombies, skeletons and other undead creatures.
- Corpses (potentially).
- Some summoners may summon multiple things.
- Other summoners may only summon one powerful thing.
- Certain summoners may only be able to summon effects and/or temporary energies.
For example: If your summon had a sweeping attack with a claw, or had the ability to bite an opponent, or rush an opponent; and you took teleportation, you could rush them similar to how I've given an example with the tank: Teleporting to a target instead. Or, its claws could combust on impact on a target dealing some burn damage that persists. Or... let's say your summon traditionally was some type of bear or bear cat, you could apply an elemental augment and now it could be a transparent flaming bioluminescent cat; and its damage would be fire based. So, that's how we want to influence the active skills with how augments apply; and that's how it would apply with Summoners. – Steven Sharif
A tank's job is to control a fight, to help the party mitigate incoming damage, and to dictate who is getting hit. They can take an unconscionable amount of punishment, and woe to those who ignore their commands.
Tanks will have different build options:
- Evasion tanks
- Control tanks
- Shield tanks
The game hosts a wide array of progression paths, and some of those paths will grant additional paths to augmenting your threat generation. This can be in the form of enchantments and stats ... and even in the form of augments granted from societies and religions. Gear and skills choice are also a big component. – Steven Sharif
You will need a tank more or less depending on what's happening in the environment. Certainly in dungeons you will need a tank. I don't picture us creating any encounters that wouldn't need that sort of control. Now we're not just focused on aggro in terms of control and managing mobs... It's not just about mitigating damage, although that's a part of the sort of calculus there, but it's also about making sure that the mobs are doing what you want them to do. – Jeffrey Bard
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Absorb bubble||Absorbs a fixed amount of damage then does that damage to nearby targets upon expiration.||Increases the duration of the buff.||Adds thorn damage while absorb is active.|
|Block (passive)||Increases your block percentage by X.||Further increases block.||Chance to deal weapon damage on a successful block.|
|Bulwark||Strikes your target and increases your block chance. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Increased duration. Increased block chance.||Increased damage. Increased duration. Increased block chance.|
|Cover||Target a friendly player, to absorb 50% of their incoming damage for 6 seconds.||Increases damage that's redirected.||Gives the target damage reduction buff for the duration. The damage reduction applies to both the tank and the ally.|
|Crowd control break||Breaks non-animated knockdown crowd control effects (such as root, snare and stun).||Increases resistances to crowd control effects.||Gain focus for each CC effect that is cleared through this use.|
|Hatred||Single target that adds hate.||Add a forced target lock.||Add hate over time per tick.|
|Heavy armor (passive)||Increases armor given by heavy armor.||Further increases armor given.||Each piece of armor added gives health percentage bonus to the tank.|
|Javelin||Pulls your target to your location. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Now pulls up to 3 targets.||Increased damage. Now pulls up to 5 targets. Stuns targets.|
|Lacerate||Slashes your target, dealing instant damage and bleeds the target over time. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. If the target is bleeding from previous Lacerate, explode remaining bleed damage as instant damage.||Increased damage.|
|Lob Weapon||Throws your weapon at your target, dealing damage. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Bounces up to 2 additional targets.||Increased damage. Bounces up to 4 additional targets. When the weapon reaches its final target, explodes into extra area damage.|
|Longsword combo||Target an enemy and use your sword and shield to strike with multiple blows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||-||-|
|Myrmidon's Fury||Strikes your target and increases your damage mitigation. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Increased duration. Increased mitigation.||Increased damage. Increased duration. Increased mitigation.|
|Onslaught||Charge your target. Provides a small damage-absorbing shield. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Increased shielding. Knocks down target.||Increased damage. Increased shielding. Knocks up targets along the chargepath.|
|Perception||Use this skill to detect threats within range of your perception.||-||-|
|Resounding Smash||Smashes the ground in front of you, dealing damage to all targets. A second hit resounds on the primary target. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage.||Increased damage.|
|Righteous fury||Use your ultimate when your focus has reached 80%, to launch spears at all targets within your forward arc. Dealing damage and pulling them to you. Pulls targets in a cone to the caster and does damage.||Adds target lock and hate. All targets pulled now target lock the Tank and their hate is increased.||Increases the arc radius to 360°.|
|Shield might||Single target knock down or stun (bash).||Changes to a frontal cone attack.||Increases the block chance for a duration after success. Duration of block chance increases based on the number of targets hit.|
|Shield throw||Throws shield and adds hate.||Changes to cone attack.||Add stun to the first target hit.|
|Shockwave||Stomps the ground in front of you, knocking down and dealing damage to all targets. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Now deals damage over time in the affected area.||Increased damage. Increased effect radius.|
|Ultimate Defense||Provides increasing mitigation based on missing health, up to full invulnerability. Reduces movement speed while active.||Increased duration.||Increased duration. Now applies a large mitigation increase to nearby group members.|
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (25:58).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (49:53).
- Archetype breakdown.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-01-18 (45:52).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (46:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (1:06:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-06-28 (1:21:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (40:15).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:18:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (58:38).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (39:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-06-01 (22:58).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:00:04).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:14).
- Blog: The Gift of Life - Cleric Alpha One Preview.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (19:03).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:36).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:33).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (1:02).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (1:09).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:51).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (1:18).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-03-28 (1:22:45).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (1:27).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-12-15 (1:00:36).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (40:23).
- Video, 2017-02-07 (0:02s).
- PAX West 2017 Mage poster.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (39:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (39:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (42:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (57:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (43:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (43:53).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:00:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (39:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (42:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (38:35).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (41:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:02:59).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (42:42).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (40:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (40:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (43:14).
- PAX West 2017 Ranger poster.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (45:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (46:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (45:09).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (45:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (45:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (46:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (47:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (44:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (44:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (48:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (47:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (46:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (47:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (40:07).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (42:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-03 (49:39).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (10:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:41:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (43:20).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (22:27).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (AM) (0:58).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (11:27).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (24:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (1:21:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (32:59).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (51:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-06-04 (16:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (27:38).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (29:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:26).
- PAX West 2017 Tank poster.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (23:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (25:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (21:48).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (29:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:38).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:25).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (24:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (23:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (28:36).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:33).