We're fairly similar to the holy trinity of class identity. I think that the way our primary archetypes and secondary archetypes, the combination of that creating these 64 different classes, it is a goal to kind of blur the line between those identities, that standard Trinity that's present. I think additionally the way that we're developing classes is to be that rock-paper-scissors type of interaction, especially balance them around group vs. group kind of dynamics or group dynamics; and... by utilizing the augment system allows for players to kind of take skills outside of just the realm of their identity and into a different area. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Barde
- 2 Kleriker
- 3 Kämpfer
- 4 Magier
- 5 Waldläufer
- 6 Schurke
- 7 Beschwörer
- 8 Tank
- 9 Siehe auch
- 10 Einzelnachweise
Truly a force multiplier, the bard weaves songs of glory and conquest, inspiring his comrades to ever greater heights. The bard knows secret and powerful words, is able to speak into being terrible nightmares, or convince foes to become friends.
Bards are intended to amplify a party or raid's ability to perform within their own class. That amplification isn't just intended for DPS, but also for support, for healing, for taking damage, for movement. Bards have often been portrayed as a musical class and while they can be that, many Bard applications may exist in just telling a story. Telling a story is going to be the thematic component of how the Bard interacts with the party. And that story is going to enhance player's abilities to perform. Very similar in a way to buffing up a party, but you are not going to see him as a "buff bot" that you might have experienced in previous games, where they are only good for their buffs and then you kick them out of party and they sit in a corner and come back in 30 minutes. Those buffs are going to be related to how they perform. – Steven Sharif
Based on proximity, based on your mobility and placement within the battle you're going to have more significance. So it's going to be to a degree a tactical type scenario for those non-healing support classes to be cognizant of. You know, where on the battlefield they need to be positioned in connection with the group that they're trying to augment or support; and so that gives a little bit more tactical sense to these non-healing support classes that's more relevant to them than other classes per-se. – Steven Sharif
- Bards may offer proximity-based or proc-based healing to a much lesser degree than Clerics.
- This may be outdated, as Bards have been more recently referred to as a non-healing support class.
- Bards will have a wide range of abilities to choose from, such as wordsmithing, acting, and musical aspects.
- Bards will not be the "downtime" class. This is the role of social spaces within nodes.
- Bards will have utility outside of combat, like all other classes.
In other games, Bards tend to be a relatively passive kind of way of playing and that's really not the direction that we want to go with it. We want every class to be fun to play. We want every class to be viable. We want you to feel like you are doing something: That your moment-to-moment gameplay is fun; so a lot of that kind of stuff is going to be based on combos, on reactive interactions between your party members and the mob that you're fighting, or the player character that you're fighting. There's going to be a lot of movement from the front lines to the back lines to kind of help out and make sure that everybody is supported in the way that they're doing it; and that you are also being active in what you're doing. You're not just sitting in the back passively playing a lute and not having any fun. – Jeffrey Bard
- Some buffs are related to how the bard performs in combat: If a bard lands a skill shot against a target, allies within a certain range might be granted a temporary buff that relates to the skill that the bard used.
Let's say the Bard is using a weapon, has a sword out and... does some gladiatorial looking performance attack and it looks so great. It inspires his friends around him to increase their multiplier on critical damage, and now they deal additional damage against targets for the next 10 seconds or 8 seconds. So, you're going to need to be active. You're going to worry about your position, the relation of the position of your party members to you in order to accentuate really what you offer the party. – Steven Sharif
In a world often fraught with peril, a Cleric is never wanting for friends. They can protect their allies in a number of ways, and when necessary, snuff the life out of others. As masters over the very essence of vitality, they can sense the broken and corrupted... The strands of this essence connect everything and everyone. Clerics find themselves particularly attuned to the threads that channel life and motive energy. By reinforcing these tendrils, they can heal and even resurrect those that have been wounded. By tearing them, they can steal energy from their foes, turning their enemies’ powers against them amid the frenzied heat of battle.
Restoration. Enhancement. Debilitation. Clerics keep their team in the fight by bolstering their combat abilities and cursing their enemies. Far from simply supporting their allies through healing, a Cleric is also capable of wielding destructive force in the face of danger.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Benediction||Chain heal that heals up to 3 targets.|
|Castigation||Lashes your target with holy energy, dealing direct damage. Provides health regeneration and mana restoration for you and surrounding allies.|
|Damnation||Curses your target, dealing holy damage over time and lowering their damage output.|
|Devotion||A swift act that heals your target. It's a quick hot.|
|Divine Censure||Throws a radiant spear at the target, dealing damage. Any time the target is attacked, the attacker has a chance to get healed.|
|Exorcism||Holy power rips at your target's spirit, channeling damage over time. A holy energy blast damages nearby enemies at the end of the channel.|
|Hallowed Ground||Fills the surrounding area with radiant energy, damaging enemies and healing allies.|
|Judgment||Holy power crushes your target, dealing direct damage and lowering their damage mitigation.|
|Resurrection||Resurrects a dead ally.|
The fighter is an expert in physical combat. A master of many weapons, this warrior strikes fear into the heart of his foes.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Rush||Rush toward a target; and upon reaching the target, deal an amount damage with a chance to knock the target down.||-||-|
What we want the Fighter warrior to do is to be able to cut through enemy lines, get to the support area of a raid perhaps and take out healers with some quick DPS burst damage. We want them to be masters of different weapons. We want them to be able to be versatile in whether or not they want to be a ranged fighter or melee one. It's going to be up to the player. – Steven Sharif
Imagination. Destruction. Power. Mages cause devastation across large areas, and can apply elemental energies to break through any defense. While masters of mass chaos, Mages are also adept at focusing in on the foes at hand.
As Verra brims with high magic, no party would be complete without a Mage. These masters of the arcane bring terrible elements to bear in devastating spells. If reality needs changing in some fashion, ask a Mage to help.
As a Mage’s connection to essence develops further, their power will continue to grow, unfold, and take shape.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Black Hole||Summons a black hole at the target location that slowly pulls in enemy targets.||Snares targets after pull.||Black hole explodes at the end of the pull duration dealing damage.|
|Blink||Blinks forward in the direction you are traveling.||Increased blink distance. Reduces threat on targets nearby upon activation.||Increased blink distance. Deals area damage upon impact.|
|Drain Essence||Drains your target, converting their health into mana for yourself.||Increase damage and mana conversion percentage.||Deplete targets near to your foe.|
|Fireball||Throws a fireball at your target. Deals instant damage.||Becomes a burn (damage over time).||Area of effect around the target.|
|Gift of the Magi||Transfers some of your mana to your targeted ally.||Increased amount of mana transferred. Increased mana transfer efficiency.||Increased amount of mana transferred. Increased mana transfer efficiency.|
|Lava Storm||Creates a field of lava at the selected location. Deals additional damage in the center of the ability. Deals area damage around the caster upon cast.||Increased damage. Increased duration.||Increased damage. Increased duration.|
|Lightning Bolt||Shoots forward a beam of lightning that damages enemies in a line in front of you.||Adds damage over time to targets hit.||Chains to nearby enemies that are not hit. Anyone who is outside the line has a chance to get a bolt jump to them.|
|Meteor Storm||Summons forth a Meteor Storm, dropping 3 meteors in the target location. Each meteor deals large area damage upon impact.||Increase damage and number of impacts. Stun enemies as they are hit.||Increase damage and number of impacts. Stun enemies as they are hit.|
|Prismatic Beam||Spawns a giant prismatic beam of energy that can be aimed around you. Deals large damage to enemy targets and slows their movement while being hit.||Damages over time after channel.||Damages enemies between caster and target in a cone.|
Death from afar is the ranger's raison d'etre. A master of the bow and ranged combat, the Ranger is more than happy to let others get their hands dirty. No one else has such a keen eye in natural environments.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Bow's combo||Target an enemy and use your bow to strike with two arrows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||Prepares four arrows.||Prepared shot works on all arrow attacks.|
|Flame line||Shoot an arrow that leaves behind a trail of flames.||Arrow explodes upon reaching the end of its distance.||Enemies take burning damage for entering the flames.|
|Fleeting shot||Retreating shot rolls backward and does damage.||Increases max range.||Breaks crowd control.|
|Hail of arrows||If your focus is at 80%, use this skill to summon a template and launch multiple arrows within the template.||Adds movement slow.||Adds damage over time to targets in the area.|
|Jump||Dash with cooldown.||Cooldown is replaced by charges with individual cooldown.||Drops a bear trap at the location the ranger dashed from.|
|Knockback shot||Knocks a target back X distance.||Adds damage.||Add knockdown.|
|Light armor (passive)||Increases armor given by light armor.||Further increases armor given by light armor.||Each piece of light armor increases damage.|
|Marked arrow||Target an enemy to use this skill, causing that enemy to take additional physical damage.||Enemy takes additional magical damage.||Increases the duration of this debuff.|
|Power shot||Use this skill to charge up a shot that fires forward in a line, damaging all enemies it touches.||Chance to cause bleed damage over time.||Splits into a fan of arrows in a cone. Radius increases based on hold duration.|
|Ranged passive||Reduces minimum range of all abilities.||Increases max range of all abilities.||Increases crit chance. This effect has a cooldown.|
|Slice||Cone melee attack.||Becomes a 360° melee attack.||Adds hemorrhage (bleed) damage.|
|Snare||Foot pin roots target in place.||Adds a bleed.||Snares after root expires.|
|Sniper's eye||Summon a zone around you, while within this zone, deal +200% damage for all attacks.||-||-|
|Sprint||Increases movement speed. Using an ability ends sprint.||Increased resistance to disable abilities.||Clears crowd control when sprint starts and removes silence.|
|Track||Use this skill to show nearby tracks, leading to unknown adventures.||-||-|
|Trap||Place a bear trap under the caster that holds them in place and does damage. Also holds targets in place and does damage.||Traps stun instead of root.||Place up to two traps.|
The rogue is master of opportunity, using skill, positioning, and the environment to dish out frightening amounts of damage. In their downtime, they provide solid utility, helping their friends navigate dangers otherwise unseen.
- Rogues will have utility skills that enable them to discover hidden doors, traps and additional treasures.
- These will be randomly spawned throughout different times of the day to ensure that encounters are not the same each time.
If you're in a party and you have a Rogue that's available, they'll be able to use that utility skill to discover these random doors that might exist in a dungeon. Now the way we make it so that it's not essentially the same door every time and it's just a first time thing and every time thereafter you know where that door's at, is these locations are randomly spawned throughout different times of the day so they'll change essentially as you go into a dungeon at different times. So it'll be important and relevant for parties to make sure that they have a diversity of archetypes available to them. And in particular for the rogues case because they can find those hidden type doors and then have access to different types of loot tables based off of that. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Stealth||This does not render a player completely invisible. Instead, there will be indicators that can help players "feel out" where stealthed individuals may be.||-||-|
The summoner is never alone. Two hands are good, but in the summoner's opinion, four hands are always better. With the right tool for every job, there's no situation they can't handle.
- Summoners can summon up to three Summons.
- Abilities from the summon appear on the summoner's hotbar.
- Summoner has control over their summon.
- Summoners can summon Tank, DPS or Support summons.
- Summons will exist until another summon is cast, the summon is killed, or the summoner logs off.
- Summoners will likely not be able to fuse with their summons (eidolons).
- Summons can be leveled through the application of skill points to their active skill.
- Summons will be able to use crowd control (CC).
- Summoners may be able to name their summons, but will not be able to change their creature type, which is part of the nameplate above the summon.
- Zombies, skeletons and other undead creatures.
- Corpses (potentially).
- Some summoners may summon multiple things.
- Other summoners may only summon one powerful thing.
- Certain summoners may only be able to summon effects and/or temporary energies.
For example: If your summon had a sweeping attack with a claw, or had the ability to bite an opponent, or rush an opponent; and you took teleportation, you could rush them similar to how I've given an example with the tank: Teleporting to a target instead. Or, its claws could combust on impact on a target dealing some burn damage that persists. Or... let's say your summon traditionally was some type of bear or bear cat, you could apply an elemental augment and now it could be a transparent flaming bioluminescent cat; and its damage would be fire based. So, that's how we want to influence the active skills with how augments apply; and that's how it would apply with Summoners. – Steven Sharif
Protection. Command. Execution. Tanks act as a shield for themselves and their party, altering the battlefield to execute their strategy. A mastery of focus and control allow Tanks to achieve their primary goals - helping their team mitigate incoming damage, and dictating who stands in the line of fire.
As a Tank sharpens their skills and learns to steel themselves against danger, they will find their strength growing in a variety of ways.
Tanks will have different build options:
- Evasion tanks
- Control tanks
- Shield tanks
The game hosts a wide array of progression paths, and some of those paths will grant additional paths to augmenting your threat generation. This can be in the form of enchantments and stats ... and even in the form of augments granted from societies and religions. Gear and skills choice are also a big component. – Steven Sharif
You will need a tank more or less depending on what's happening in the environment. Certainly in dungeons you will need a tank. I don't picture us creating any encounters that wouldn't need that sort of control. Now we're not just focused on aggro in terms of control and managing mobs... It's not just about mitigating damage, although that's a part of the sort of calculus there, but it's also about making sure that the mobs are doing what you want them to do. – Jeffrey Bard
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Bulwark||Strikes your target and increases your block chance. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Increased duration. Increased block chance.||Increased damage. Increased duration. Increased block chance.|
|Javelin||Pulls your target to your location. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Now pulls up to 3 targets.||Increased damage. Now pulls up to 5 targets. Stuns targets.|
|Lacerate||Slashes your target, dealing instant damage and bleeds the target over time. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. If the target is bleeding from previous Lacerate, explode remaining bleed damage as instant damage.||Increased damage.|
|Myrmidon||Strikes your target and increases your damage mitigation. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Increased duration. Increased mitigation.||Increased damage. Increased duration. Increased mitigation.|
|Onslaught||Charge your target. Provides a small damage-absorbing shield. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Increased shielding. Knocks down target.||Increased damage. Increased shielding. Knocks up targets along the chargepath.|
|Resounding Smash||Smashes the ground in front of you, dealing damage to all targets. A second hit resounds on the primary target. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage.||Increased damage.|
|Shockwave||Stomps the ground in front of you, knocking down and dealing damage to all targets. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Now deals damage over time in the affected area.||Increased damage. Increased effect radius.|
|Ultimate Defense||Provides increasing mitigation based on missing health, up to full invulnerability. Reduces movement speed while active.||Increased duration.||Increased duration. Now applies a large mitigation increase to nearby group members.|
|Weapon Toss||Throws your weapon at your target, dealing damage. Generates additional threat.||Increased damage. Bounces up to 2 additional targets.||Increased damage. Bounces up to 4 additional targets. When the weapon reaches its final target, explodes into extra area damage.|
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (25:58).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (49:53).
- Archetype breakdown.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-01-18 (45:52).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (46:11).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (13:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (1:06:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (58:38).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-06-28 (1:21:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (40:15).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:18:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (39:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-06-01 (22:58).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (1:00:04).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:14).
- Blog: The Gift of Life - Cleric Alpha One Preview.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (19:03).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:36).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:33).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (1:02).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (1:09).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:51).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (1:18).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-03-28 (1:22:45).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (1:27).
- Video, 2020-11-01 (0:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-12-15 (1:00:36).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (40:23).
- Blog: Blazing the way - Mage Alpha One Preview.
- Video, 2020-12-23 (0:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (42:20).
- Video, 2020-12-23 (1:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (57:33).
- Video, 2020-12-22 (7:35).
- Video, 2020-12-23 (1:04).
- Video, 2020-12-23 (0:31).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (38:35).
- PAX West 2017 Mage poster.
- Video, 2020-12-22 (7:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:00:44).
- Video, 2020-12-22 (7:36).
- Video, 2020-12-23 (1:29).
- Video, 2020-12-23 (0:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (39:15).
- Video, 2020-12-23 (1:46).
- Video, 2020-12-23 (1:53).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (42:42).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:02:59).
- PAX West 2017 Ranger poster.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (45:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (46:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (45:09).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (45:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (45:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (46:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (47:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (44:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (44:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (48:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (47:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (46:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (47:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (40:07).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (42:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-03 (49:39).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (10:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:41:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (43:20).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (22:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-01-29 (1:21:01).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (AM) (0:58).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (11:27).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (24:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-10-30 (1:21:14).
- Blog: Bulwark on the Battlefield - Tank Alpha One Preview.
- Video, 2021-02-09 (1:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (32:59).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (51:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-06-04 (16:23).
- Video, 2021-02-09 (0:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:26).
- Video, 2021-02-09 (1:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:38).
- Video, 2021-02-09 (1:12).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:27).
- Video, 2021-02-09 (1:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:25).
- Video, 2021-02-09 (1:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:28).
- Video, 2021-02-09 (1:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:29).
- Video, 2021-02-09 (0:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:14:33).
- Video, 2021-02-09 (0:30).