- Wetterbedingungen verändern sich mit den Jahreszeiten. – Jeffrey Bard
- Es wird dynamisches Wetter geben, welches auch in der Intensität variiert.
- Zum Beispiel: Nieselregen zu/von Sturm, oder Schneesturm zu/von Schnee.
- Some biomes will have seasons that are less (or more) temperate. For example: Northern, Southern and Tropical regions. Other biomes will have fixed climates.
- Events may radically change the current season a zone is in, or elongate it. This includes weather changes.
- There will also be magical seasons where you might be in a tropical zone and suddenly it's snowing.
- Gegenstände, crop cycles, buildings, and crafting mechanics might gain certain buffs or debuffs in certain seasons.
- Winter might have a spawner that activates on a road that spawns at large fallen tree and players who see that will have an opportunity to go up and exert some type of one-time action that helps in removing that tree and it might require you know X number of people to do that before the tree gets removed; and that you know as an example is not beneficial for the transit of goods because as you know caravans require- well they don't require but they move better on roads and if that tree were present let's say blocking you know a road that led to a bridge per-se that they would have to off-road. – Steven Sharif
- Different seasons may affect access to various roads.
- Pathways that are open during summer may be closed during winter.
- Seasonal affects may cause obstacles or blockages to the transit of goods via caravan.
- Water turning to ice in winter, enabling players to walk over the water but blocking access to what is underneath.
- Ice will make roads bumpy and slippery.
- Seasonal flooding is something the developers are talking about internally, but will not be present in Alpha-2.
- They might last longer if you don't deal with the dragon, or if you keep that relic active, but these on a cycle on a cyclical perspective as a normal season transition might be exist within a one week timeframe right and then it transitions over a period of hours. – Steven Sharif
- The weather systems, the season systems, that's going to be a obvious point of testing for Alpha 2 of course. We're going to play around with the different cycles and and times and how they impact the economy, the rotation of resources, the movement of goods: all of those things play into the purpose- one of the purposes of having seasonal systems. So that is something that we are going to play with during our Alpha 2 testing and will land on what feels both most comfortable- is visually appealing, but also has the impact on the economy that we desire to see on the design side. – Steven Sharif
- In Ashes of Creation the world will change on a regular basis. Zones will progress in a seasonal cycle, which will alter the very nature of the environment around you. Snow may block pathways that are accessible in warmer months, spring may encourage creatures otherwise unseen to come to the surface, and fall might be the only time that certain crops thrive. This cycle can then take in the state of the world’s Nodes and shift depending on their progression.
- Seasonal variations in resource availability will impact the economy and necessitate the transit of goods between different regions.
- One of the things that is huge about the season system and how it affects crops and the gatherables in the game is the impact it will have on the economy. When a particular area no longer is capable for a week's period of time, or even potentially longer, of producing a certain type of crop or harvestable; and that has to change across the world regionally, now the transit system of those materials of those gatherables they become more relevant, and they're subject to potential risk; and the prices might go up in certain areas. It is something that is actually very instrumental in the overall design of the economy in the game. – Steven Sharif
- Seasons may not directly affect certain gatherables, such as veins of ore, but access to those resources may be blocked during certain weather conditions.
- It won't likely affect too much on certain resource spectrums like veins of ore. Those might not be affected by the seasons or weather systems, but there might be blockages to cave networks that house those types of ore veins. Alternatively it is going to be significant impact on any type of herbology or plant-based types of gatherables. It's going to have significant impacts on crops that players can plant themselves on their properties; and that they'll be able to harvest. They're going to need to time the crop placement and its maturity window so that it's harvestable and available to be harvest before the change of seasons that might adversely affect certain types of crops. And not every biome will experience the same type of effects caused by the seasonality of the world. The desert biome might instead of snow have significant more winds that pick up that could be damaging to more fragile types of crops if you have a freehold in that location. – Steven Sharif
- Other elemental influences may include Darkness, Light and Planar.
- Elements may have more influence in certain seasons and climates. For example, frost abilities may be stronger in winter. This affects both PvE and PvP.
- There may be ley lines and strong magical places in the world that change or alter the way spells work.
We've discussed a little bit about how the seasons and biomes will react with different types of skills. Like if you have a fireball and it's summer it might be a little bit different. If it's winter and you have a frost ability it might be different. – Steven Sharif
- Verschiedene Monster werden zu unterschiedlichen Zeiten spawnen.
- NPCs und Mobs können zu verschiedenen Tageszeiten wach sein.
- Verschiedene Strahlungseffekte (Leuchteffekte) können bei Nachtlebewesen stärker verbreitet sein.
Fünfzehn Minuten können im Spiel eine Stunde sein.
Wie sehr wir das vertiefen, hängt davon ab, wie viel Spaß es tatsächlich macht; wir sind noch dabei, das herauszufinden. Sofern wir ein paar interessante Mechaniken finden, und es nicht frustrierender als spaßig ist, solltest du auf jeden Fall deine eigene Fackel mitbringen.
- Players will need to take wind direction (and strength) into consideration when navigating the open waters.
- Wind is an important component of the open sea- quote-unquote open seas- so that's all non-coastal areas; and that open sea, based on those the composition of wind and the open sea, will influence the speed directionally that a boat is traveling in, and how that speed gets influenced by the winds. That can be an important strategic component when discussing timing for trade runs, or timing for what your location is in relationship to your target out at the open sea; and it just creates a little bit more fluid and dynamic experience when you're at sea that. Like you're not in this cove and you always know how you're going to interact with the open water; and the speed that you have, so you can predict accurately what your intercept rate or distance will look like. If that is a variable and that variable changes, then you have to adapt your strategies for that variable; and I think that is very healthy and keeps things fresh from a perspective of a cat-and-mouse game that usually occurs between ships in the open waters. – Steven Sharif
2022-06-27 2022-06-21 2022-05-31 2022-05-28 2022-05-27 2022-05-26 2018-02-15 2018-01-24
- Video, 2017-05-30 (0:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (36:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-06-01 (29:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (41:25).
- Twitter - Seasons.
- Liveübertragung, 2022-04-29 (56:24).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-09-27 (41:33).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:29:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (1:32:40).
- Our immersive world - Environments.
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:10:19).
- Video, 2022-05-27 (6:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-05-27 (1:13:39).
- Video, 2022-05-27 (12:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (2:57).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-05-27 (55:47).
- Video, 2022-05-27 (15:50).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (27:47).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (26:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-09-30 (1:04:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-06-01 (20:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:32:16).
- Ashes of Creation - Screenshots.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-12 (57:41).
- Video, 2017-02-07 (0:02).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Twitter - Dynamic weather system.
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:04:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-06-28 (42:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (1:02:49).