- Gatherable resources are discovered by trial-and-error and by learning their visuals.
- Gathering requires the creation and use of tools.
- Gathering within a node's Einflussbereich (ZOI) will contribute to its experience growth.
- Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting.
Certain low level gatherables will have a tiered progression into higher level crafting. So for example you know if I'm gathering... leaves of the blue petal flower to craft a pigment that's going to be used in the development of a tunic that I can wear at level one, then I may need to collect those in order to craft the pigments to craft a greater pigment that might be present in the in the crafting of a higher level item. So it's going to be kind of a tiered progression so that materials have relevancy throughout the different levels of of crafting; and that's important from an economic stability standpoint. You need to have layered demand from a supply standpoint so that players who are interested in collecting and gathering those materials still are relevant when the later level items are crafted. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Berufe des Sammelns
- 2 Artisan mastery
- 3 Ressourcen
- 4 Beutemarkierung
- 5 Handwerkliche Lieferkette
- 6 Zeitplan
- 7 Kunstwerke
- 8 Community guides
- 9 Siehe auch
- 10 Einzelnachweise
Berufe des Sammelns
Players must choose a path in the artisan skill tree for each character. Within each of the three parent artisan paths (Gathering, Verarbeitung and Handwerkskunst) there are different professions. A character may only ever master one of these parent paths.
- It is possible to master multiple professions (but not all) within a parent artisan path, but this will be a long and labor intensive feat, requiring many resources.
Gathering is a parent artisan path, along with processing and crafting. Within each of the three parent paths lies different professions. You may only ever master one parent path. But you may spend time mastering each profession within the parent artisan path. – Steven Sharif
Becoming a master Crafter or a master Processor or a master Gatherer should be a significant time investment and resource investment; and because of that it should also be something that when you achieve that status it's like people on the server know who you are. – Steven Sharif
- Players can dabble in all professions at a "beginners" level before they decide to master a particular pathway.
- Choosing a specific path in the skill tree allows the player an opportunity to specialize in a certain area. This encourages player inter-dependency, enhancing the artisan experience.
- Masteries aren’t just about making an item. They grant many things, including titles, access to items, bargains, and quests. 
Players will have the opportunity to kind of dabble in all of the professions at a very beginners level and then you know that kind of gives them an understanding of what that profession feels like and then allows them to kind of pinpoint the direction that they want to go in to master particular professions. – Steven Sharif
When we reference not being masters of all that doesn't mean you're not a master within your own one of the three artisan types, which is you know crafter or gatherer, processor. You will be a master of one of those, you will not be master of the other two. – Steven Sharif
- Some resources will be one-time gatherables that will randomly respawn at a different location once collected.
- Other resources will exist as a cluster (also called vein gatherables). These will last until the full resource is depleted.
- Like a large mine that's present and has a vein of mithril ore in it, or a herd of some type of animal that you can collect fur or wool from. – Steven Sharif
- Resources won't be locked to the node system.
- Some unique resources may be monsters in disguise or have monsters defending them.
We want our players to have a reason to explore the wilderness, to travel with purpose, and much of that will be driven by our resource system. Transporting these goods might just be more difficult than gathering them. Our regional market system allows players to participate in creating pocket economies that will reinforce the stability of goods in particular regions.
We really want resources to be persistent and non-renewable. If there’s a mithril vein, that mithril vein will be there until it runs out. The server will manage these amounts on its own, and will repopulate things where and when it desires. You might find another mithril vein in that location sometime later, or somewhere nearby, or maybe never again!
- Fortschritt in der Sammler Handwerksklasse schaltet die Benutzung von höher leveligen Werkzeugen frei, was dem Sammler erlaubt Ressourcen von einem höheren Level zu sammeln.
- Werkzeuge haben eine Haltbarkeit und eine Lebensdauer.
- Handwerker müssen sich nicht auf andere verlassen um ihre eigenen Werkzeuge zu craften.
Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
List of tools
- Gatherers who are more advanced in their artisan tree will unlock higher level harvesting tools that have a greater chance of collecting higher quality resources or proccing a greater quantity.
You will have an opportunity to proc certain qualities based on your progression in the Artisan tree. So if you are a gatherer; and as you advance in your gathering, you'll have a higher opportunity to collect better resources. – Steven Sharif
Resource extractors are potential constructions that can collect resources over time.
- Available to node citizens who own a freehold near a "resource center".
- Requires several people to construct.
- Moving resources from the extractor will likely require a caravan.
Liste von Ressourcen
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will require approximately 40% or more of the total DPS to be granted looting rights.
- Parties who do not have the first tag will be required to do more than approximately 60% of the total DPS to quality for looting rights.
If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
Artisans within Ashes of Creation must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the Verarbeitung profession.
- Handwerkskunst the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
- Processing involves the refining of raw materials obtained from gathering and item deconstruction.
- The bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch. The processing time varies based on the quality of the processed goods.
- Blueprints are required for the construction of the feehold buildings that are used to process resources.
That's going to be very important as you get to very late game processed materials that are required. Because some of these things might have days to process within a station, but if you have spent the time and done the work to advance that processing station you could cut that down considerably, perhaps even greater than 50 percent; and that's going to have a significant impact on your ability to either control markets or to create goods. – Steven Sharif
- Crafting requires the acquisition of recipes in order to craft items.
- Crafting stations are located on freeholds or within nodes.
- There will be gear that boosts artisans in gathering or crafting stronger items.
- Crafting times may vary between professions but the bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch.
There is no labor or energy system in Ashes. However, that's not to say that crafting will not be difficult. Crafting is very difficult; but it is because it is difficult that it will be very rewarding as well. – Steven Sharif
In Alpha One the core basics of what crafting represents as a gameplay loop that is represented. So that means that there are gatherables out there. You will have to have tools in order to service those gatherables. There will be processing that's necessary; and then there's crafting stations that are available and can be constructed by the players. This is in Alpha One. You have to collect the recipes, you have to collect the materials, and you have to refine the materials; and then you have to create the reagents and then use those to kind of create the final crafting component of that you're trying to create. So that in and of itself is present, but it is a very very small piece of really what will be the larger crafting puzzle for Alpha 2 and betas. – Steven Sharif
- Approximately 10 percent of the artisan system will be online in Alpha-1. The core basics of the artisan gameplay loop will be facilitated via the merchant (NPC) system.
Crafting honestly will not come online in any sense of its true form until Alpha-2. Alpha-1 has essentially what are intended to be the core gameplay loop of crafting, meaning the collection of materials, the translation of those materials into processed goods, and the use of those processed goods into item acquisition. That's the core gameplay loop that is currently present in Alpha-1. But those are mostly facilitated kind of piggy backing the merchant systems right now and not actually using the real crafting system; and that's because crafting hasn't been completed in a form that can be implemented in Alpha-1, but will be for Alpha-2. What's present in Alpha-1 doesn't even really scratch the surface for crafting. – Steven Sharif
- Liveübertragung, 2020-03-28 (48:31).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-09-03 (10:48).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (38:25).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (1:00:07).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (1:09:46).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (18:47).
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (36:38).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (5:25).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (6:12).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-08 (54:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:04:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-12-17 (1:14:42).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (8:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (54:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (53:28).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:13).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-30 (10:24).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:44:54).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (20:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-08 (20:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (38:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (26:00).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (24:18).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (15:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-01-30 (1:38:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (6:38).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (1:06:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (17:08).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (2:31:39).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- Interview, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (41:18).