Zur Navigation springen Zur Suche springen
- Exploration is a huge part of the game and there are a lot of systems that are dedicated to rewarding exploration.. – Steven Sharif
- Utility skills exist that can help players discover hidden paths and entrances and may lead to discovering hidden quests.
- Certain relics can only be discovered through exploration.
- Constellations may only be seen at certain times at specific locations.
- It's widespread how exploration can affect many different progression paths within the game; and it's not just about visiting an area once and never coming back, because timing matters as well. – Steven Sharif
- Travel times are important in Verra, but it will be easy to get lost or distracted by threats and opportunities.
- It'll be easy for you to get lost in AoC. That is our goal from an exploration standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Since travel times are important, what is there to discover that will distract you from going straight to your initial destination? What makes traveling adventurous in Verra?
- A: Aside from threat and opportunity, which are probably the two biggest distractions that you can encounter while traveling through Verra- those come in different forms: Threat. in the form of monsters and events. Opportunities, in the forms of resources and POIs. There's also achievements that are based around exploration. There's treasure maps that can be found. There's a lot of different things that intersect with travel: The movement of resources. The storage of those resources. In which locations, what are available to be sold and purchased at different locations. They might make you detour for. All of those things contribute to why I would go somewhere and instead change my direction. – Steven Sharif
- Treasures (and treasure maps) will enable players to reap economic gains from exploration.
- The more treasure a player finds the better maps they can create.
- Hints are given through rumor mills, interaction with different NPCs, and gaining access to potential dig sites.
- Treasure hunting will be a "way of life" rather than a profession.
- Verra exists in the material plane.
- There are constellations and multiple moons in the night sky of Verra.
- Players start in Verra a few short months after the very first expeditionaries were sent through the divine gateways when they opened from Sanctus.
- Draakath Bohr.
- The Frostgrave Fells.
Major visual landmarks. You can look all the way across the horizon have an idea where you're going or where to meet friends or where to meet just based on these huge landmarks in the world. – Mat Broome
|From one end of a Metropole (Stufe 6) node to the other||2.83 minutes||1.67 minutes|
|From the center of a node to the center of its direct neighbor||5 minutes||3.5 minutes|
|From the northernmost to southernmost points of a continent||75 minutes||50 minutes|
- We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in. – Jeffrey Bard
- Scribes may be able to collect and record information about the events of the world as they see it from their point of view.
- The history of significant narrative events on a server, including when they first occurred and who participated in them, is canonized in libraries.
- There is a method by which we create a canon for the server of events. Those canons are usually going to be immortalized through systems like the library, which recounts certain types of events that happen on a server; and recount perhaps the members who participate in those events- immortalize them over time as the first-time defeaters, first-time accomplishers- that perspective. – Steven Sharif
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- Reports of information to the library may expire after a period of time (say one week). After which new reports will be required to update the existing information.
- You'll get that shroud of war functionality for the week after a report but if it doesn't receive a follow-up report after that expiration period then it will not be updating real time. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-2 easter eggs
- Creative director Steven Sharif's sandal is present on a statue at the entrance to the Tower of Carphin dungeon.
- Creative director Steven Sharif's sandals are present as a painting in a freehold homestead.
- A missing poster featuring Trystan Snodgrass is present in the Alpha-2 Winstead node.
Alpha-1 easter eggs
- The Alpha island starting area quest giver Sergeant Landry is referred to as an "easter egg throwback to the original".
Alpha-0 easter eggs
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse easter eggs
2022-06-08 2020-05-17 2017-10-24
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Ashes of Creation wallpapers - April 2022.
- Liveübertragung, 2023-05-31 (1:09:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2023-02-24 (6:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-07-09 (1:00:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (53:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-05-04 (39:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (40:46).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (36:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-08-26 (50:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-08 (0:00:00).
- Video, 2017-09-04 (1:16).
- Video, 2022-12-02 (11:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-02-25 (1:15:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-12-02 (1:16:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (10:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-08-26 (57:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-08-26 (53:26).
- Kickstarter packages.
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Interview, 2018-04-20 (9:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (51:37).
- Interview, 2023-07-09 (59:31).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (27:34).
- Video, 2023-03-31 (21:51).
- Ashes of Creation Twitter, April 4,2021.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- Video, 2023-06-30 (19:56).
- Video, 2023-08-31 (20:24).
- Video, 2021-02-26 (11:03).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (17:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (17:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-12-15 (1:34:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-10-31 (45:01).