- Freeholds are limited to one per account.
- Freeholds are approximately half an acre in size. Expansions and upgrades are available as node progression allows.
- 1 Freehold placement
- 2 Gebäude auf dem Grundbesitz
- 3 Berufe auf dem Grundbesitz
- 4 Underrealm freeholds
- 5 Freehold skins
- 6 Freehold benefits
- 7 Freehold security
- 8 Freehold destructibility
- 9 Housing types
- 10 Immobilien
- 11 Siehe auch
- 12 Einzelnachweise
- Pathing routes (Roadways).
- Dungeons and other points of interest.
- Spawn areas.
- Other freehold plots.
- Hard terrain features, such as mountainsides or cliffs.
Gebäude auf dem Grundbesitz
- Basements in freehold buildings are to be decided.
Depending on where your place you're freehold, you're gonna have different environmental tiles available to you and those will kind of enable or buff existing structures that you place in your Freehold... I don't know that we would put like fish farming just for a freehold that's on a river. What we would probably do is give you a buff to fishing in that area. That kind of a thing. So there'll be more buffs for existing things rather than necessarily a special buildings just for that area. But again we're not fully baked in on that system yet, so it's very possible though we end up going down that direction. – Jeffrey Bard
Berufe auf dem Grundbesitz
- Animal husbandry.
- Crafting stations can be located on freeholds or within nodes.
- Player-owned Tavernen on freehold plots.
Entwicklung des Grundbesitzes
- Freehold progression unlocks new bonuses, abilities and capabilities.
We want there to be progression in many systems and part of the freehold progression is that when you establish these base buildings the longer and more productive you are and exist with that freehold, the more opportunity those buildings will have to both level up: offering new bonuses, new abilities, new capabilities; and just surviving in this world is a feat in and of itself, so it's rewarded by allowing progression with those things. – Steven Sharif
- Quests that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Rezepte that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
Artisan freehold features are also affected by adjacent terrain features. For example: building next to a river provides a nearby source of clean freshwater, and will have a positive effect on crops.
- This will affect Farming and Animal husbandry professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
Freehold benefits include:
- Because freeholds are built within a Node’s ZOI, they grant citizenship.
- Freeholds allow the owner to sell consumables that are only purchasable for specific buildings.
- A player may store items in their freehold.
- Freeholds will have access lists.
- Co-ownership is planned but may not initially be in the game.
Players cannot steal from a Freehold under normal circumstances.
- NPC guards that permanently exist on a freehold are not a planned feature.
- Guards may be available for hire to defend freeholds after a successful node siege.
- Q: We were discussing in chat earlier about freeholds and whether or not a person would be safe in their home or within the entirety of their freehold from getting player killed?
- A: I think our initial testing is going to revolve around the footprint of their freehold and then we'll take into consideration the metrics gleaned from that testing. – Steven Sharif
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
After the two hour period of open combat following a successful node siege, any remaining freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another node may take over the zone of influence of the freehold.
- If a freehold does not reside within the ZOI of a stage three (Village) node or above, it will be destroyed.
Once the vulnerability period is complete, any remaining Freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another Node may take over the Zone of Influence of the Freehold. – Margaret Krohn
- Blueprints are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement.
- Destroyed freeholds are subject to material loss.
- Certificates will track major milestones (such as Furnaces and Homesteads, for example).
Not just in APOC where we want a completely destructible environment, but also in the MMORPG when it comes to Dungeons and traversing certain areas. We want destruction to be a very core element of how players make their way through the world. – Steven Sharif
|Wohnungen||Instanced.||Town stage and higher.||One per server.|
|Freeholds||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||One per account.|
|Statische Behausungen||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
- In-node housing will be at a premium, and is expected to be hotly contested.
- The more apartments that have been purchased in a node, the higher the price scales.
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes freeholds, this includes static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- Video, 25 May 2017 (0:02).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (31:51).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (50:47).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (56:42).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (56:38).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (32:23).
- Livestream, 9 May 2018 (40:24).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (34:21).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Velkor's Eye.
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (9:58).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:09:22).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (44:11).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (44:14).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (46:18).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (24:30).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (1:00:18).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (29:56).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (48:29).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (50:00).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (32:44).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (15:47).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (54:01).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (26:40).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (51:57).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (1:03:23).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (6:44).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (31:05).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (28:04).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (28:21).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (29:34).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (40:14).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (47:10).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (31:15).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (52:01).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:23:41).