- Freeholds are limited to one per account.
- Freeholds are approximately half an acre in size.
- Expansions and upgrades become available as node progression allows.
- Freeholds may not be sold to other players.
- Blueprints are required for the construction of the freehold buildings that are used to process resources into processed goods.
- The best processing can only be carried out on freeholds, so obtaining a freehold will require a large amount of effort.
- If a player wants to achieve a freehold they can achieve the freehold, however the amount of effort resources and time that's required in order to achieve that freehold is a large amount. It is something that is a monumental achievement for you to to get that freehold; and the reason why is because freeholds tie in very heavily to the processing artisanship aspect. Some processing can be done in nodes, but the best processing is done on freeholds; and we want to make sure that there's a little bit of a throttle or gate on the amount of effort that's necessary to achieve that influence over the processing market. – Steven Sharif
- Inns and other player housing options are available that are easier to obtain for players who do not need the benefits of a freehold.
- Just because the freehold is very difficult to attain doesn't mean that you don't have a space for housing and furniture that you can achieve through our apartment system or an inn or the static in-node housing. Those are alternate methods as well but they do not have that aspect of the best processing is done on the freehold. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Freehold placement
- 2 Gebäude auf dem Grundbesitz
- 3 Housingdekorationen
- 4 Berufe auf dem Grundbesitz
- 5 Verarbeitung
- 6 Underrealm freeholds
- 7 Freehold building skins
- 8 Freehold benefits
- 9 Freehold security
- 10 Freehold destructibility
- 11 Guild freeholds
- 12 Housingarten
- 13 Immobilien
- 14 Kunstwerke
- 15 Siehe auch
- 16 Einzelnachweise
- Pathing routes (Roadways).
- Dungeon and other points of interest (POIs) regardless of advancement.
- Events spawn areas.
- Other freehold plots.
- Hard terrain features, such as mountainsides or cliffs.
- The current design allows placement of freeholds anywhere in the ZOI of the node that the certificate was purchased from, including its vassal nodes. This may change as the result of testing.
- Depending on where you achieved- where you procured the certificate from, as long as it is either in the parent or the vassal area, it could be a part of either. You give that declaration when you lay down the freehold. But like I said, that may change because we are actively defining a different approach on some of the vassal systems. – Steven Sharif
Gebäude auf dem Grundbesitz
- Freehold farms
- Lumber yards
- Basements in freehold buildings are to be decided.
- Certain buildings will have multiple tiers, with different footprint sizes. For example: Small, medium, large, to mansion-sized homes.
- A mansion sized home may occupy up to 50% of a freehold plot.
- Cosmetics can also be applied to a blueprint based on the type of building.
- Players are not locked into any particular race for freehold blueprints.
Freehold building placement
- Players will need to manage how these are arranged to maximize adjacency bonuses.
Depending on where your place you're freehold, you're gonna have different environmental tiles available to you and those will kind of enable or buff existing structures that you place in your Freehold... I don't know that we would put like fish farming just for a freehold that's on a river. What we would probably do is give you a buff to fishing in that area. That kind of a thing. So there'll be more buffs for existing things rather than necessarily a special buildings just for that area. But again we're not fully baked in on that system yet, so it's very possible though we end up going down that direction. – Jeffrey Bard
- Häuser werden nach dem Kauf leer sein.
- Spieler können Möbel, Kunstwerke/Bilder und andere Dekorationsstücke in Ihrem Heim platzieren.
- Spezielle Items, wie z.B. durch Erfolge, und Trophäen können ausgestellt werden.
- Charakter werden die Möglichkeit haben mit Möbeln zu interagieren, wie z.B. auf Stühlen zu sitzen und in Betten zu liegen.
- Spieler werden strukturelle Aspekte, wie Fenster oder Wände, nicht verändern können.
- Items zur Ausstattung mit ingame-Funktionalität werden ausschließlich durch den Beruf Zimmerei herstellbar sein .
Your ability to craft more luxurious furniture comes with how much of a master craftsman you've become in the furnishing profession... This isn't like you know, I want my house to look good, I got to fork over 50 bucks in cosmetics... Players can craft in-game based on their dedication and focus in that aspect the artisan tree. – Steven Sharif
Berufe auf dem Grundbesitz
- Sammeln professions, such as Farming and Angeln.
- Crafting stations can be located on freeholds.
- Gebäude auf dem Grundbesitz can be used to process gathered resources into processed goods, such as Tierzucht and Smelting.
- Spielergeführte Unternehmen such as taverns can be placed on freehold plots.
- Processing involves the refining of raw materials obtained from gathering and item deconstruction.
- The bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch. The processing time varies based on the quality of the processed goods.
- Some processing can be carried out in nodes, but the best processing can only be carried out on freeholds.
- Blueprints are required for the construction of the freehold buildings that are used to process resources into processed goods.
- The amount of goods that can be processed while unattended by the player is based on the rating of that particular processing station.
- The time spent processing can be reduced by upgrading the capabilities and quality of the processing station via a progression tier system.
- That's going to be very important as you get to very late game processed materials that are required. Because some of these things might have days to process within a station, but if you have spent the time and done the work to advance that processing station you could cut that down considerably, perhaps even greater than 50 percent; and that's going to have a significant impact on your ability to either control markets or to create goods. – Steven Sharif
- There will be a preparatory phase to provide the building with needed fuel or other materials to process the required grade of materials.
- Processing as it stands for Alpha-2's implementation is that there is a certain amount of prep work that's required first for the industry-specific component, which is the building. That prep work might be finding a certain amount of lumber to light the fire in kiln or whatever, to a certain temperature in order for you to process a certain grade of ore; and that grade of ore being malleable then into an ingot; and that produces that ingot so-to-speak. Now, in that process there's a gathering component, there's a preparatory phase, there is a time-related component. – Steven Sharif
- There will also be time-related and gameplay elements that require the player to interact with the processing building. These elements act to throttle for the introduction of processed materials from raw gatherables into the economy.
- There's also possibilities that the machine you're using itself has some type of gameplay layer- should the kiln get overheated, and you have to throw some water on it or something. There are elements there in that process that we want to mimic this gameplay opportunity for players to interact; and not just be a time-sink. But time-sink is also a component of it as well, because that's the throttle for the introduction of processed materials from raw gatherables into the economy. – Steven Sharif
Entwicklung des Grundbesitzes
We want there to be progression in many systems and part of the freehold progression is that when you establish these base buildings the longer and more productive you are and exist with that freehold, the more opportunity those buildings will have to both level up: offering new bonuses, new abilities, new capabilities; and just surviving in this world is a feat in and of itself, so it's rewarded by allowing progression with those things. – Steven Sharif
- Aufträge that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Rezepte that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
- Artisan freehold features are also affected by adjacent terrain features. For example: building next to a river provides a nearby source of clean freshwater, and will have a positive effect on crops.
- This will affect Farming and Tierzucht professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
Freehold building skins
- Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
I had a meeting with the Design Team the other day (as they are working on further details for the Freehold System) to help clarify some of the answers to the questions y'all have been asking, and they will be sending me information. Once I receive this, I will be working on a content update to reflect that information, and going forward, we will provide those details on each individual cosmetic item. Updating all the past items to provide more clarity on what in-game item types you can place the cosmetics on will take time once this process begins, so please bare with us as we start from present to past items, updating their information. – Margaret Krohn
- Ability to claim citizenship to a node.
- Additional benefits are granted to home owners who are also citizens of that node.
- Ability to place furniture and other decor items.
- Storage containers.
- Handwerkskunst benches to craft furniture and other items.
- Prized items can be displayed within a house.
- Erfolge and trophies may be displayed.
- Social activities.
- Housing may provide proximity based bonuses.
- Players may grow crops in the garden sections of their player housing.
- Freeholds allow the owner to sell consumables that are only purchasable from specific buildings.
- Die Erlaubnis die Türe zu öffnen und das Heim zu betreten.
- Zugang zu Pflanzen.
- Die Möglichkeit Items in das Lager zu legen oder heraus zu nehmen.
- Erlaubnis zu dekorieren, jedoch nicht etwas aus dem Haus zu entfernen.
- Die Immobilie hat immer nur einen Eigentümer.
- Bürgermeister haben die Möglichkeit aus der Stadtkasse NPC Söldner anzuheuern um ihre Node während einer Belagerung zu verteidigen.
It'll be a single owner based system for those types of properties- for properties in general, but it doesn't prevent players obviously from you know collaborating and pooling resources in order to achieve certain achievements in the game. – Steven Sharif
- Duelle may be initiated within a freehold or node as they are considered self-contained events that are opt-in by all parties, and do not fall under the player flagging system.
- The freehold is intended to be a protected area unless there is a siege and the town gets destroyed. If the town gets destroyed, the freehold's up for grabs and it becomes a PvP area. – Steven Sharif
- NPC-Wachen may be available for hire to defend freeholds after a successful node siege. NPC guards that permanently exist on a freehold are not a planned feature.
- Q: We were discussing in chat earlier about freeholds and whether or not a person would be safe in their home or within the entirety of their freehold from getting player killed?
- A: I think our initial testing is going to revolve around the footprint of their freehold and then we'll take into consideration the metrics gleaned from that testing. – Steven Sharif
- Previously it was stated that permission to decorate but not take anything from the house would be able to be assigned to other players.
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
After the two hour period of open combat following a successful node siege, any remaining freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another node may take over the zone of influence of the freehold.
- The freehold owner will be required to undertake a quest process to have their freehold adopted by a new node if one exists.
- At the end of the grace period, if the freehold does not reside within the ZOI of a stage three (Dorf) node or above, it will be destroyed.
- Players who are registered as a defenders of their node cannot loot their own destroyed freeholds.
If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, and anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen. Freeholds within the Zone of Influence are subject to a period of vulnerability. These Freeholds can be destroyed by other players during a period of roughly 2 hours after a successful siege. Destroyed Freeholds are subject to material loss, and blueprints for them are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement in order to allow the player to keep their Freehold’s layout and structure. Once the vulnerability period is complete, any remaining Freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another Node may take over the Zone of Influence of the Freehold. – Margaret Krohn
- Blueprints are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement.
- Destroyed freeholds are subject to material loss.
- Certificates will track major milestones (such as Furnaces and Homesteads, for example).
- A possible design idea is for items such as furnishings to be boxed in crates that are accessible inside the new home.
Node building destruction
- NPC-driven events that are a response to story arcs or node atrophy.
- Node-Belagerungen and node wars.
- Hazardous events such as tornadoes or hurricanes.
- Players must repair damaged buildings (or rebuild destroyed ones) in order to reactivate the services from those particular buildings.
- Node-Regierungen must clear any rubble on plots before any buildings can be reconstructed. Any prerequisites for the building reconstruction must be satisfied beforehand.
- Buildings also live within a prerequisite system. So in order to build down the tech tree of what these buildings provide, as the node grows larger to access stronger building types, you may get a kink in that chain if it's destroyed and you'll have to stand that back up in order to support the service again. – Steven Sharif
- If the node is destroyed by a node siege, the debris field will contain spoils that are lootable to the victors of the siege.
|Apartments||Instanziert.||Dorf Stufe und höher.||Eines pro Server.|
|Freeholds||Open World.||Dorf Stufe und höher.||Einer pro Account.|
|Statische Behausungen||In-Node.||Dorf Stufe und höher.||Eine per Server.|
- Behausungen werden einen Grundpreis haben, der mit der Anzahl der Bürger in der Node skaliert.
- Die entwickler wägen eine auktionsbasierte Methode ab, um neue Immobilien zum Verkauf zu stellen, wenn eine Node sich entwickelt.
- Statische Behausungen und Apartments können von anderen Spielern gelistet und verkauft werden.
- Es gibt keine Höchstgrenze für wie viel der Verkauf eines Gebäudes von Spielern einbringen kann.
- Spielerbehausungen, die während einer Nodebelagerung zerstört werden, können nicht mehr verkauft werden.
- Freeholds kann nicht an andere Spieler verkauft werden. Das kann sich möglicherweise im Verlauf der Testphase noch ändern.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Der Hausbesitz kann wieder an die Node zurückgehen, wenn der Besitzer es versäumt seine Gebäude-Steuern zu zahlen. Die Steuerschulden und Strafgebühren werden dem neuen Besitzer im Rahmen einer Zwangsvollstreckung in Rechnung gestellt.
- Spieler werden das Limit für die Anzahl ihrer Spielerbehausungen nicht überschreiten können.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Miete- und Leasingkonzepte befinden sich aktuell in der Begutachtungsphase.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
2021-04-15 2021-04-04 2020-05-29 2018-01-19
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (36:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (42:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (35:36).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (56:42).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (45:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:09:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-02-25 (1:12:27).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- Interview, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:08:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (56:38).
- Video, 2017-05-25 (0:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (32:23).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:52:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-05-09 (40:24).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-04-29 (1:03:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (34:21).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Velkor's Eye.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (9:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-06-28 (1:09:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (2:14:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (41:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (44:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-10-31 (46:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (26:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (29:54).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (38:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (30:53).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-22 (56:31).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (10:54).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (39:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-06-01 (24:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (41:03).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (48:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (50:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (15:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-10-30 (44:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (32:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (58:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (51:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (26:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-06-28 (1:23:31).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-02-09 (51:57).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (59:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (1:03:23).
- Interview, 2018-08-08 (6:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-11-19 (54:26).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-01-18 (31:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-12-23 (1:29:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (28:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (1:12:33).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (2:04:00).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (29:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-02-26 (1:11:13).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:00:57).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-03-31 (1:13:00).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (59:38).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (14:21).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- Interview, 2019-04-21 (45:45).
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).