- Mäntel (Umhänge),
- 1 List of armor
- 2 Stats on gear
- 3 Ausrüstungsplätze
- 4 Armor characteristics
- 5 Class weapons and armor
- 6 Rassenspezifische Waffen und Rüstungen
- 7 Appearance
- 8 Ausrüstungs-Sets
- 9 Gear enhancement
- 10 Switching gear
- 11 Trading gear
- 12 Item rarities
- 13 Non-cosmetic armor
- 14 Armor cosmetics
- 15 Siehe auch
- 16 Einzelnachweise
List of armor
Stats on gear
- Master crafters will be able to influence several (but not all) stats on their crafted items.
- There will also be methods of moving stat blocks around but this won't necessarily be an easy task.
- All gear will be able to be assigned any stat.
Crafters will be able to 'rejigger' stat blocks; and there will be a couple of other ways to move things around to create both the look and the stat block that you're looking for. It's not always going to be easy. There will be a lot of challenges involved with that. But the goal is to give you guys the option to customize your gear the way you want them to be. – Jeffrey Bard
Gear is broken down into Core Stats and Additional Stats.
- Stat values will be predominately the same but may be able to be adjusted by crafters who are capable with that type of armor.
- The stat values on armor can include both damage dealing and damage mitigation stats.
- Certain armor types are going to have certain type of predominant stat values. So there's going to be certain waterfall stats and/or certain primary attributes that are available on certain armor types; and then if you want to have the one that's not more prominently available- those will be rare to get- you'll have to elicit the services of a crafter who's very capable within that particular type of armor in order to get the non-traditional stats and/or waterfalls available. So there's still the ability to get whatever on these but they're going to be more predetermined for certain types of stats and waterfalls. – Steven Sharif
- Set bonuses are granted to wearers of exclusively one type of armor, for example: all cloth, or all plate.
- There'll be certain types of set bonuses granted across specific full sets or partial sets of armor types. There will be a similar function in how damage is mitigated based on the type of armor you're wearing and how that relates to physical or magical incoming damage. So that's something to keep in mind. It's going to be situational what type of adversarial foe am I facing and what armor is the best against that to mitigate damage. – Steven Sharif
- The "type" of armor (cloth, leather, plate) a character is predominantly wearing is visible in their nameplate.
- You're going to have certain strengths and weaknesses of armor sets and those can be specced into by your opponents. For example, I might place some type of elemental enhancements on my weapon that horizontally changes my outgoing damage and that's going to reflect based on the opponent on my target opponent and what type of armor they have available to them to counter that. – Steven Sharif
- Itemization choice may potentially play into universal skill sets such as Dodge, Parry, and Aktives Blocken.
- We're playing a little bit with the idea of these universal skill sets, such as dodge, parry, block, active blocking, stuff like that; and progression within those areas. There is something to be said I think for incorporating itemization choice as part of that system as well; and how it might affect that system. That's something that I think is going to be coming up in the pitch phase here shortly from design as we implement those universal skills. So you can look out in the future for more information on that. – Steven Sharif
- Light armor is more mobile than heavier armor.
- Light armor is geared towards magical damage mitigation.
- May provide some benefits from light armor or heavy armor.
- May also include benefits that aren't purely related to damage mitigation, such as improved critical chance.
- Heavy armor typically has more HP than lighter armor.
- Heavy armor is geared towards physical damage mitigation.
Class weapons and armor
Waffen und Rüstungen sind nicht für bestimmte Klassen gesperrt, aber bestimmte Klassen sind mit bestimmten Arten von Waffen oder Rüstungen effizienter. Bestimmte Fähigkeiten erfordern, dass bestimmte Gegenstände ausgerüstet sind.
Weapons are intended to be somewhat agnostic in the sense that you can find a way for a weapon to be utilized by different classes. Not just the rogue is going to be able to use daggers. Because if you restrict equipment through that, it makes the economy more difficult to have sustainability across the market of items. – Steven Sharif
Rassenspezifische Waffen und Rüstungen
- The customization of equipment per race is really focused on Armor sets not Weapon props. Weapon props will, from a model standpoint, will translate pretty one-to-one across the races. – Steven Sharif
- Erscheinungsbild der Rassen of gear is focused on Rüstung. Waffen will not change in appearance but will scale in size based on race.
- Let's say for example you have the Eagle set or something, right: The Eagle set has in art, it has a thematic design that's going to include certain attachments to the armor. It's going to include color palette and theme. It's going to have some aspects to it that define it as the Eagle set, right. When a Elf wears the Eagle set or when an Orc wears the Eagle set, you obviously have two different cultures there; and you don't want to stomp out that culture by assigning a de facto 'This is the Eagle set and this is how it looks on everybody.' What we want to have is cultural influences play a role in showing how that set looks. – Steven Sharif
- When you say, what if I'm an Orc but want to look like an Elf and I want my Eagle set to be the Elf representation? Well the issue becomes there that you know Orcs have a different organic model. You know, their body is different than that of the Elf. So, from a scope-creep standpoint, it's one thing to add different influences that represent the cultures that are donning the armor; it's another thing to adapt each influence as a matrix that can be worn pretty much by everything. From a scope perspective, that's a very difficult task for the character artists to kind of tackle. So instead what we've done is, in order to facilitate a variety of cultural representation between the races but allow for the sharing of assets like different armor sets, we give different representations of those armor sets to each race. – Steven Sharif
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- Einige Rüstungen und Kostüme werden freizügiger sein als andere, aber es wird keine Nacktheit im Spiel geben.
Each race is getting its custom geo pieces, which then will share thematic components such as color palette, attachments, design filigree. Those types of things will get shared across the geo but generally you're going to see unique races with unique geo. – Steven Sharif
- Kosmetische Gegenstände können von allen Völker verwendet werden, jedoch kann es unter ihnen leichte Variationen geben, um sich dem Körperbau der Rassen anzupassen.
- Es gibt Regeln für Anwendung von Kosmetika auf bestimmte Gegenstände, im Gegensatz zu Kostümen, die keine Stufen-Beschränkung haben.
- Kosmetische-Slots können vom Spieler ein- und ausgeschaltet werden.
- Bei Belagerungen oder anderen groß angelegten Schlachten kann automatisch ein "Standard-Spieler-Erscheinungsbild" angewendet werden, um die Client-seitige Leistung zu verbessern.
Outside of wanting to keep maybe some identity from a lore perspective; for example if you have like a white lion's suit of armor, you may not want that white lion suit of armor to be black or blue. So, it's possible. It depends on the costume itself. – Steven Sharif
Backer only armor skin
Your base look for the character can be pretty boring, but what Steven gave us a challenge with from day one was to make sure even the base look, the t-shirt and pants, looked amazing... This is your zero character, if you will... Then you can go in and customize everything from the shoulder pads to the elbow pads, the belt that goes around them; do you want duel belts, you want to harness the clothes in the front. So every piece you see on here you can actually customize that at the front end. So what we do is we scale that up from zero, ten and twenty... We scale it up and we customize it; and then I want to really stress that each one of those looks as you progress is different. We're not just repurposing the same armor pieces. We're making unique sets that complement each other as you progress. – Mat Broome
You can actually have three different types of themes: You have plate, you'll have leather and you'll have robe. So for every armor set that we're showing at each one of those tiers, you're actually gonna have nine unique looks to pick from. – Mat Broome
The Kosmetikshop enables players to purchase Kosmetische Gegenstände for use in Ashes of Creation. The cosmetic store offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
- Different tiers of gear are accessible based on a character's level.
- Players gain bonuses depending on the number of pieces of the set they have equipped.
- There are passive abilities that can be chosen to become more adept with certain set types.
- There will be viable non-set builds.
- Erscheinungsbild der Rassen of gear sets is tied to the character model of that race.
- It may be possible to store and swap gear sets with a single button press when out of combat.
List of gear sets
- Dark Fortunes
- Dragon's Protection
- Lava Forged
- Hergestellte Gegenstände are best-in-slot in Ashes of Creation. Previously it was stated that crafted items will be on-par with best-in-slot items.
- What is considered best-in-slot is based on a character's role and the type of monster they are facing.
- Instanced content will contain scripted and difficult boss fights that drop gear, but the gear drops will not be best-in-slot. These can only be found in the open world.
Verra will be filled with many sets of armor, each set uniquely carved into the history of the world. Mana-forged sets are distinctly vibrant with luminescent magic, pulsating across the body of its hero. We hope you enjoy them, and look forward to many more glimpses into the armors of Verra, waiting for their champions! – Margaret Krohn
Regalia of the Iron Lion
The Iron Lion is a fairly new order, one formed out of a desire to control the unknowable. With the rediscovery of the old world, many Kaelar wondered what lay beyond, considering the incredible power the divine gateways represented. To this end, the Iron Lion focuses not only on martial combat, but also on the art of dampening magic. Without such knowledge, establishing a foothold may be all but impossible - rampant magic is an unpredictable, and many times lethal, complication in any sortie. Due to this, the Iron Lion puts forth significant effort in studying and learning about the magics they come across, hoping to minimize the dangers they pose.
We are very likely going to have a rune system and then we'll have the ability to sort of enchant weapons outside of that too... That's not always going to be like a vertical progression... Some of it's going to be giving up something to get something else; so maybe I do less physical damage but more magical damage, that kind of thing. – Jeffrey Bard
- Fortschritt in verschiedenen PvP Systemen, kann man Verzauberungssteine erhalten, welche temporäre PvP-Vorteile verleihen. (Sockelsystem). Performance is measured over six month PvP seasons.
It's not as though you're going to necessarily acquire these once and then you're set for your PvP enchantments, but instead you'll have to continually perform month after month in order to keep having those slotted enchantments. – Steven Sharif
- You don't really push a particular item's level requirement or the identity of that item. You can enhance it, you can add enchantments to it, but it's still the item it is. – Steven Sharif
- Swapping weapons (from inventory) into a hand or range slot is not possible in combat.
- You can always hot weapon swap even in combat, but you can't swap your armor and gear. Nothing that's in a hand or range slot if you're in combat. – Steven Sharif
- Player to player trading and the ability to store items in public warehouses is disabled for corrupt players.
- Q: Will Ashes of Creation have player-to-player trading? Will there be anything stopping me from gifting a friend that's fresh to the game a bunch of in-game money to help them get on their feet quickly?
- A: There won't be anything to stop you from doing that. – Steven Sharif
Sharing gear with alts
- Fortschritt ist in Ashes of Creation an den Charakter gebunden.
- Ausrüstung kann zwischen Charakteren transferiert werden.
- Skins können den Charakteren innerhalb eines Accounts neu zugewiesen werden, möglichweise gibt es hierfür eine Abklingzeit.
- Alts innerhalb eines Accounts können verschiedene Berufe haben.
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Legendary equipment will have a roughly 6-12% improvement in base stats, subject to testing and balancing.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
- If the player character leaves the server then the item will become available for acquisition through whatever means it was acquired previously.
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-04-30 (50:45).
- Video, 2019-06-27 (3:50).
- Liveübertragung, 9. Februar 2018 (7:31).
- Liveübertragung, 9. Februar 2018 (15:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-07-28 (31:30).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (59:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (52:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (1:14:54).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-01-30 (25:39).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (24:54).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-03-31 (1:17:32).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:02:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (53:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-08-28 (2:00:09).
- Interview, 2020-07-28 (49:35).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (32:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (53:10).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:02:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (AM) (32:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (15:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-07-30 (1:07:03).
- Liveübertragung, 9. Februar 2018 (47:05).
- Liveübertragung, 4. Mai 2018 (45:37).
- Video, 2020-09-30 (2:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-09-30 (47:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (54:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-03-31 (4:57).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (20:46).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-10-28 (1:41:06).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (55:17).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- Liveübertragung, 2021-12-23 (1:34:07).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-09-24 (1:25:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-10-30 (1:13:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (18:48).
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (20:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (22:59).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (49:25).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (54:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (49:35).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (56:07).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-11-19 (40:53).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:18:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-10 (14:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (1:33:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-03-31 (1:19:41).
- Blog: 2019-02-28 State of the Game Live-stream and Mana-forged Armor
- Regalia of the Iron Lion.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-06-04 (1:11:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-06-04 (21:37).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (14:22).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-05-27 (1:20:00).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (51:37).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (58:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (1:15:57).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-01-28 (56:12).
- Video, 2018-08-17 (0:01).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-09-30 (51:09).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-09-30 (49:16).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (40:50).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (16:32).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:03:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-05-30 (1:15:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (34:32).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (10:32).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-01-18 (46:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (1:14:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (18:25).
- Podcast, 2017-05-04 (51:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (1:17:40).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (19:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-07-30 (1:14:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- Interview, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (55:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-03-26 (1:02:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2022-03-31 (1:15:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-04-8 (PM) (51:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-19 (44:18).