- Players gain bonuses depending on the number of pieces of the set they have equipped.
- There are passive abilities that can be chosen to become more adept with certain set types.
- There are tiers of gear that players can access based on their level.
- There will be viable non-set builds.
- Erscheinungsbild der Rassen of gear sets is tied to the character model of that race.
- 1 Armor themes
- 2 Best-in-slot gear
- 3 Mana-forged armor set
- 4 Regalia of the Iron Lion
- 5 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse weapon variants
- 6 Hergestellte Gegenstände
- 7 Gear enhancement
- 8 Modular armor
- 9 Gear appearance
- 10 Rassenspezifische Waffen und Rüstungen
- 11 Siehe auch
- 12 Einzelnachweise
- Robes (cloth armor).
- Lighter armor is more mobile than heavier armor.
- Light armor is geared towards magical damage mitigation.
- Predominantly plate metal, but may incorporate other influences, such as leather.
- Heavy armor typically has more HP than lighter armor.
- Heavy armor is geared towards physical damage mitigation.
|Armor passives||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Cloth armor (passive)||Increases armor given by cloth armor.||Further increases armor given by cloth armor.||Bonus mana for each piece of cloth armor.|
|Heavy armor (passive)||Increases armor given by heavy armor.||Further increases armor given.||Each piece of armor added gives health percentage bonus to the tank.|
|Light armor (passive)||Increases armor given by light armor.||Further increases armor given by light armor.||Each piece of light armor increases damage.|
|Medium armor (passive)||Increases armor given by medium armor.||Further increases armor given by medium armor.||If medium armor worn in all slots gives a balance of health and mana less than the health given.|
- Magic damage is mitigated by cloth armor (light armor).
- Physical damage is mitigated by plate armor (heavy armor).
- There is also non-mitigated damage.
We don't see the need to have these enormous numbers that are really start to lose meaning. That seems to be an innate design issue with other games as they try to balance the damage output in PvP and in PvE; but our design system allows for a more manageable damage protocol for PvE and PvP to be shared; and those damage protocols relate more to lower numbers. – Steven Sharif
Mana-forged armor set
Verra will be filled with many sets of armor, each set uniquely carved into the history of the world. Mana-forged sets are distinctly vibrant with luminescent magic, pulsating across the body of its hero. We hope you enjoy them, and look forward to many more glimpses into the armors of Verra, waiting for their champions! – Margaret Krohn
Regalia of the Iron Lion
The Iron Lion is a fairly new order, one formed out of a desire to control the unknowable. With the rediscovery of the old world, many Kaelar wondered what lay beyond, considering the incredible power the divine gateways represented. To this end, the Iron Lion focuses not only on martial combat, but also on the art of dampening magic. Without such knowledge, establishing a foothold may be all but impossible - rampant magic is an unpredictable, and many times lethal, complication in any sortie. Due to this, the Iron Lion puts forth significant effort in studying and learning about the magics they come across, hoping to minimize the dangers they pose.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse weapon variants
|Basic axe.||Hallowed Bronze Axe.||Arcanic Bronze Axe.||Pyroclastic Bronze Axe.||Eldritch Bronze Axe.|
|Thundering Mace.||Hallowed Mace.||Arcanic Mace.||Pyroclastic Mace.||Eldritch Mace.|
- Highest tier items will be a combo of both crafted and boss dropped.
- The rarity of the items will be commensurate with the effort required to gather, process and craft the items.
- It may be possible for crafters to determine what their crafted items will look like.
- A crafter's name is embedded in the items they craft.
We believe that every item that exists in the world should in some way reflect its creator. As such, there will be extreme versatility in our crafting system – giving crafters the ability to create unique items that represent their strengths and weaknesses.
Crafting and World Bosses will be the main way to obtain high-level gear. There are some exceptions to this in the form of Legendary items (single server drops or discoveries), and other equipment that may drop wholesale, but we want Artisans and top tier raiding to produce the lion’s share of high level, high effectiveness equipment. – Sarah Flanagan
Fertigkeiten und Werte auf Ausrüstungsgegenständen
We are very likely going to have a rune system and then we'll have the ability to sort of enchant weapons outside of that too... That's not always going to be like a vertical progression... Some of it's going to be giving up something to get something else; so maybe I do less physical damage but more magical damage, that kind of thing. – Jeffrey Bard
- Entwicklung in verschiedenen PvP Systemen, kann man Verzauberungssteine erhalten, welche temporäre PvP-Vorteile verleihen. (Sockelsystem). Performance is measured over six month PvP seasons.
It's not as though you're going to necessarily acquire these once and then you're set for your PvP enchantments, but instead you'll have to continually perform month after month in order to keep having those slotted enchantments. – Steven Sharif
- There isn't RNG in crafting but there may be a small amount of RNG in enchanting.
- Over-enchanting items may come with a potential risk that the item is destroyed.
- Vertical enchantments are a power progression for a crafted item. More damage or mitigations, added effects or bonuses.
- Vertical enchantments include risks.
- Horizontal enchantments are more situational. For example: I'd like my sword to do force damage instead of holy damage because the monsters I tend to fight are incorporeal.
- This doesn't make the item more powerful, but instead more applicable to different situations, and less so to others.
- This type of enchanting assumes no risk, just time and effort.
Your base look for the character can be pretty boring, but what Steven gave us a challenge with from day one was to make sure even the base look, the t-shirt and pants, looked amazing... This is your zero character, if you will... Then you can go in and customize everything from the shoulder pads to the elbow pads, the belt that goes around them; do you want duel belts, you want to harness the clothes in the front. So every piece you see on here you can actually customize that at the front end. So what we do is we scale that up from zero, ten and twenty... We scale it up and we customize it; and then I want to really stress that each one of those looks as you progress is different. We're not just repurposing the same armor pieces. We're making unique sets that complement each other as you progress. – Mat Broome
You can actually have three different types of themes: You have plate, you'll have leather and you'll have robe. So for every armor set that we're showing at each one of those tiers, you're actually gonna have nine unique looks to pick from. – Mat Broome
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- Gear is intended to be realistic in appearance.
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
Rassenspezifische Waffen und Rüstungen
The customization of equipment per race is really focused on Armor sets not Weapon props. Weapon props will, from a model standpoint, will translate pretty one-to-one across the races. – Steven Sharif
Let's say for example you have the Eagle set or something, right: The Eagle set has in art, it has a thematic design that's going to include certain attachments to the armor. It's going to include color palette and theme. It's going to have some aspects to it that define it as the Eagle set, right. When a Elf wears the Eagle set or when an Orc wears the Eagle set, you obviously have two different cultures there; and you don't want to stomp out that culture by assigning a de facto 'This is the Eagle set and this is how it looks on everybody.' What we want to have is cultural influences play a role in showing how that set looks. – Steven Sharif
When you say, what if I'm an Orc but want to look like an Elf and I want my Eagle set to be the Elf representation? Well the issue becomes there that you know Orcs have a different organic model. You know, their body is different than that of the Elf. So, from a scope-creep standpoint, it's one thing to add different influences that represent the cultures that are donning the armor; it's another thing to adapt each influence as a matrix that can be worn pretty much by everything. From a scope perspective, that's a very difficult task for the character artists to kind of tackle. So instead what we've done is, in order to facilitate a variety of cultural representation between the races but allow for the sharing of assets like different armor sets, we give different representations of those armor sets to each race. – Steven Sharif
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:02:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (56:07).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (55:17).
- Interview, 2020-07-28 (49:35).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (32:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (53:10).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (1:02:44).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (AM) (32:15).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (15:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (43:44).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (29:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (47:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-10-16 (38:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:34:55).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (1:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (1:33:11).
- Blog: 2019-02-28 State of the Game Live-stream and Mana-forged Armor
- Regalia of the Iron Lion.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (26:03).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (26:23).
- Bronze Axe Skins.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (28:08).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (28:12).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (28:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (28:30).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (28:37).
- Thundering Mace Skins.
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (28:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (28:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (28:51).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (14:45).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (59:58).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-06-04 (1:11:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-06-04 (21:37).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (14:22).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-17 (58:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-05 (20:41).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (20:19).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (22:59).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (22:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-08-17 (22:58).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-07-26 (54:06).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (20:46).