The Cosmetic store enables players to purchase Kosmetische Gegenstände for use in Ashes of Creation. The cosmetic store offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
- 1 Kosmetische Gegenstände
- 2 Beschaffung von Kosmetikartikeln
- 3 Transferring cosmetics between alts
- 4 Kosmetikartikel
- 5 Farbstoffe
- 6 Aussehen der Rüstung
- 7 Kosmetikartikel für Karawanen
- 8 Merchandise
- 9 List of cosmetics
- 10 Externe Verweise
- 11 Siehe auch
- 12 Einzelnachweise
- All skin cosmetic items are cosmetic items only and do not grant the user any other benefit. The lore text is flavor text, and background of the creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Gleichwertige kosmetische Gegenstände, sowohl in Bezug auf die Menge als auch auf die Qualität, können im Spiel erreicht werden. Die im Spiel erhältlichen kosmetischen Gegenstände werden denen im Shop gleichwertig und im Falle der legendären Skins sogar aufwändiger sein.
- I want to make sure that equitable cosmetics both from a quantity and quality standpoint are achievable through in-game achievements. Time, effort should let you be happy with what you can accomplish. – Steven Sharif
- In my opinion quality of cash shop cosmetics should be equal to in game achievable cosmetics, but offer a diverse selection of unique looks. – Steven Sharif
- Legendäre kosmetische Gegenstände sind nur im Spiel erhältlich und werden nicht im kosmetischen Shop verkauft.
- Es wird keine Farb- und Texturänderungen von kosmetischen Gegenständen aus dem Vorbestellershop geben, um diese als Belohnungen für Erfolge zu vergeben.
- From an armor standpoint, we cut armor sets up into many different pieces. These pieces can sometimes be used as part of other sets, that may include helmets, wrists, gloves etc. So while you will not see an achievable white version of the corvid castigator set in the game for example, you may see its shoulder piece used in another set, or its leggings, or wrist piece used in another set (not every piece as to form the whole set, but perhaps a couple pieces). This would be difficult to notice at first glance, due to the material, texture and color variation used, but this modular approach to content creation makes achieving a wide variety of looks achievable for an MMORPG of our size. – Steven Sharif
- Verschiedene Varianten von im Shop gekauften Kreaturen-Skins (Haustiere und Reittiere) können in der Wildnis existieren.
- Kosmetische Gegenstände können von allen Rassen genutzt werden, jedoch kann es unter ihnen leichte Variationen geben, um sich dem Körperbau der Rasse anzupassen.
- Es wird keine kosmetischen Gegenstände im Stil von Maskottchen oder Furries geben.
- It's important to remember, Ashes is a NO-BOX COST subscription only game, with an optional cosmetic marketplace. This achieves a few things from a monetization model. Having a lower barrier to entry for players to try the game when they don't have to fork out $60 for the box price is good, our box price is 0$. This also places an emphasis on the game's retention and our continual updates and content creation to keep players playing and staying subscribed (a put your money where your mouth is sort of philosophy for us as a company). It also means players don't have to spend $60 every time there is an expansion. – Steven Sharif
- Kostüme und Kosmetische Gegenstände für Haustiere haben keine Stufen-Beschränkung. Skins für Gebäude, Schiffe, Karawanen und Reittiere können nur auf zuvor im Spiel erhaltene Gegenstände angewandt werden.
- I know there have been quite a few questions regarding cosmetics over the years. As we get further along in development, we'll be providing more specific information regarding what specific buildings, items, etc., you can place each cosmetic on. We'll update this for all past items. – Margaret Krohn
- Kosmetische Gegenstände können nicht mit anderen Spielern gehandelt werden, jedoch ist es möglich, sie anderen Charakteren (Alts) des selben Accounts zuzuweisen.
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- The flavor text next to store items relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
Ashes of Creation will not be pay to win, that is our pledge to the community. One of the core principles we set forth with Ashes of Creation is a very strong desire to maintain the game's even playing field.
A lot of developers and companies have come along in the past- and I've been hit by this too- and they've said we're not going to have pay-to-win and then boom they roll out some pay-to-win. We have consistently said we won't be pay-to-win and in the pre-orders that we provide and even in the Kickstarter there were absolutely zero pay-to-win components whatsoever. So not only will we talk the talk but we will walk the walk as well. – Steven Sharif
Because we are a non-box purchase game, meaning there is no box price to play Ashes of Creation, it is only a subscription; and that's beneficial because it reduces the barrier of entry and we want a high population obviously; but at the same time one of the ways we augment the revenue flows to sustain constant updates and new chapter releases and additional content within the game is through a cosmetic-only marketplace; and that means absolutely no pay-to-win whatsoever; and that will be adhered to forever. – Steven Sharif
- Es wird keine Stufenaufstieg-Boosts oder Auto-leveling geben.
- Es wird kein System für Lootboxen in Ashes of Creation geben.
We will not use a loot box system for cosmetics either. We currently have a cosmetic store that offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development. These items are purely decorative and do not offer any in-game benefits.
- Mehrere Accounts und multi-boxing auf verschiedenen Computern wird aktuell nicht als pay to win angesehen.
My definition of pay-to-win is really anything that affects the in-game economy, the in-game action pool, your abilities and/or skills... In my opinion the inventory slots and the XP potions would be considered pay-to-win. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will there be RNG boxes?
- A: I dislike RNG. Archeage made me loath rng monetization gimmicks. – Steven Sharif
Beschaffung von Kosmetikartikeln
Cash shop cosmetics will be limited in quantity, limited in time for purchase. They will be unique, but you will also have extremely difficult to gain cosmetics in game as well as unique cosmetics that look great and better... There will be a lot of cosmetics that are achievable in the game because that is a very fun aspect of MMO play. – Steven Sharif
- Wayfarer pre-order pack (History).
- Expeditionary pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager plus pre-order pack (History).
We offer cosmetics for players who wish to support the project early. The exclusive nature of the limited availability is something I think collectors value. If you buy cosmetics as an MMO player, I know I enjoyed if the cosmetic is rare and not every girl at the party is wearing the same dress. In addition, these cosmetics are used to populate the world through NPC variants and color/texture changes so their offering aligns with our production schedule. The good thing about these packs is they contain no P2W advantages and there is no box cost, so from a mechanics standpoint you do not need to buy them to excel in the game on launch. And also, there are comparable and subjectively more grand cosmetics achievable in game as well. – Steven Sharif
Binding von Kosmetikartikeln
- Kosmetische Gegenstände are not tradeable with other players but can be reassigned to other characters (alts) within the same account.
Transferring cosmetics between alts
- Gegenstände zwischen Charakteren bewegen, wenn sie nur für einen Charakter verfügbar sind.
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Hair color.
Cosmetic items that produce in-game cosmetic effects will also be available.
Verwendung von Farbstoffen
- Two dye channels are provided per character that together influence up to 50% of the gear that is equipped by that character.
- The original design allowed individual items to be dyed with different dyes.
- One of the things that we want to do- again talking about player agency- is we want to give them the ability to kind of change the appearance of their armor sets that they're wearing; and the way we've approached the dye solution is through a channeled system. We have a two channel dye system where the first channel is a lower grade dye that it has influence over between 10 to 20 percent of your overall armor appearance; and then the second channel dye is a higher tier dye that you have to acquire; and by doing so you can influence the remaining thirty percent- up to thirty percent of that armor appearance: So up to a total of fifty percent influence that can occur across all the pieces that you wear. Now one unique approach to the way we're doing this dye system is we're not allowing individual dyes to be applied on individual items, but instead we keep a cohesion across the set by applying that dye channel to your character; and when you equip a piece with your overall character it will assume that dye channel from your paper doll. So you apply the dyes to your character and when you equip a piece of item it will take that dye and it will influence the channel over that particular piece so that it comes into alignment. And what the reason that we're doing that is there's a lot of options with regards to customization for your character appearance, whether it be through transmog, through costumes, through mixing and matching sets and pieces that you can wear; and what we want to avoid is the rainbow effect where these pieces do not look good together and it creates the clown that's walking down the street.
The Kickstarter dyes are sets of unique colors that are not obtainable by players who did not participate in Crowdfunding. These dyes are not usable as normal dyes are. Instead they are used to override the color of another dye obtained in game.
- They are assigned to a character from a user's account management page.
- They do not expire, so they may be used to continually override dye colors.
- Once a dye has been overridden it becomes a bound dye to that character, so the colors cannot be sold for in-game benefit.
- When an item is sold or transferred, color changes are reverted.
Aussehen der Rüstung
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- Einige Rüstungen und Kostüme werden freizügiger sein als andere, aber es wird keine Nacktheit im Spiel geben.
Each race is getting its custom geo pieces, which then will share thematic components such as color palette, attachments, design filigree. Those types of things will get shared across the geo but generally you're going to see unique races with unique geo. – Steven Sharif
- Kosmetische Gegenstände können von allen Rassen verwendet werden, jedoch kann es unter ihnen leichte Variationen geben, um sich dem Körperbau der Rassen anzupassen.
- Es gibt Regeln für Anwendung von Kosmetika auf bestimmte Gegenstände, im Gegensatz zu Kostümen, die keine Stufen-Beschränkung haben.
- Kosmetische-Slots können vom Spieler ein- und ausgeschaltet werden.
- Bei Belagerungen oder anderen groß angelegten Schlachten kann automatisch ein "Standard-Spieler-Erscheinungsbild" angewendet werden, um die Client-seitige Leistung zu verbessern.
Kosmetikartikel für Karawanen
- Der Skin verändert das Aussehen eines Reittiers und einer Karawane, die miteinander verbunden sind.
- Die Reittier- und Karawanen-Teile eines Skins können nicht separat voneinander verwendet werden.
You'll need your own creature and caravan hooked up to each other, and then the caravan cosmetic skin goes over all of them to make it look like what's pictured. you're not able to split out separately that caravan mount skin, hence why you'd want the separate mount skin if you wanted to ride it independently. – Sarah Flanagan
- "Vintage" merchandise was previously available from the Ashes of Creation store and PAX West 2017 packages.
- Vintage merchandise was also a reward for placing in the top 5 in the Ashes of Creation 3rd Wikiversary Giveaway.
List of cosmetics
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Liveübertragung, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- Rime and Regal.
- Ashes of Creation Reddit - Heat and Harmony.
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-08 (48:52).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-06-28 (1:25:55).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-06-26 (1:42:55).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (49:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Cosmetic store.
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (56:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (58:24).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (48:28).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:57:56).
- Interview, 2021-06-13 (48:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-07-09 (55:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-04-30 (1:20:03).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (18:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-08 (48:49).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (32:14).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Liveübertragung, 2022-06-30 (1:06:02).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-10-30 (1:14:34).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (3:04).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Liveübertragung, 2021-12-23 (1:34:07).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Liveübertragung, 2021-09-24 (1:25:27).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-10-30 (1:13:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- Interview, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Liveübertragung, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Liveübertragung, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Liveübertragung, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Liveübertragung, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Interview, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- PAX 2017 Merch.
- Ashes of Creation 3rd Wikiversary Giveaway prizes