- Castle sieges, where guilds battle to occupy one of five Guild castles.
- Knotenpunkt-Belagerungen, which are open world battles fought to delevel or destroy nodes.
The risk versus reward relationship, when, say for instance, you've dedicated time towards building a node and other players have dedicated that equivalent time towards sieging the node, there's going to be a pitched battle between those players... They spend that time doing this because they care passionately about having access to that content. – Steven Sharif
There's node sieges and castle sieges: I think the castle sieges will be more structured towards a guild element and having some structure there. Neither will be instanced in the sense of what an instance actually is, which is taking you out of the open world and putting you into you know your own shard of existence. But both will be in the open world. But there will be participation structure in sieging castles. With regards to the open siege on nodes, really the only structural component there and participation has to do with what what node you're a member of, what node you're a citizen of. That will restrict your participation to a particular side. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Castle sieges
- 2 Knotenpunkt-Belagerungen
- 3 Siege alliances
- 4 Siege mechanics
- 5 Siege weapons
- 6 Siege PvP
- 7 Siege NPCs
- 8 Siege objectives
- 9 Destructible environments
- 10 Belagerungsfähigkeiten
- 11 Deserter debuff
- 12 Metriken
- 13 Spectating battles
- 14 Kunstwerke
- 15 Siehe auch
- 16 Einzelnachweise
- Sieges occur once a month.
- The minimum goal is for 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield. It is hoped that this can be increased to 500x500 over time.
- In the first three weeks that a guild occupies a castle they will need to level up each of their castle nodes to Village stage through questing.
- The fourth week is declaration week, where other guilds have the opportunity to lay down their declaration flag or to sign up as a defender of the castle.
- Depending on how well the guild defends the castle nodes results in better defenses for the castle.
- Different siege weaponry will grant the attackers the ability to destroy walls, doors and sections of the castle in order to gain access to the inner keep area.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
There will be benefits to attracting people... even if they're not in your guild or alliance – kind of a feudal like system, where you can attract other players who are just independent of this whole politic. They will have things to do there - benefits to receive - and there will be a reciprocal relationship between who you can attract, what they do for you; and how that benefits you and them. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges
- Takes place in and around large destructible castles.
- Matches are expected to last thirty to thirty-five minutes. This duration can be modified by control points captured during the match.
- There will be 200 players in a match (100 v 100).
- Klassen-Kits come into play during the testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
- The ability to host a session and challenge an opponent or guild may be present post-launch of castle siege mode.
The Castle Siege mode is another example of a playable slice of the MMORPG that Apocalypse is providing early testing for. While it’s a somewhat smaller scale experience than the one you’ll have in the MMO, the overall flow of taking and defending a castle will remain similar. There’s some additional systems you’ll see in the final product, like the influence of Nodes over the available defensive emplacements, the crafting and deploying of custom siege weapons, and the summoning of siege monsters. These are all things that we’ll be adding on top of this mode upon our release of Ashes of Creation. – Margaret Krohn
Knotenpunkt-Belagerungen ermöglichen es Spielern, einen Knotenpunkt zurück zu setzen, seine Knotenpunkt-Entwicklung umzukehren und ihn letztendlich vollständig zu zerstören. Dies ebnet den Weg für die Neuentwicklung und den Zugriff auf die gesperrten Inhalte in den umliegenden Knotenpunkten. Aufgrund dieser Dynamik spielen politische Konflikte und Intrigen eine wichtige Rolle in der Struktur der Welt.
Belagerte Knotenpunkte werden für die Angreifer keine leichte Herausforderung darstellen. Städte und Metropolen werden einen erheblichen Abwehrvorteil haben.  Automatische PvE Belagerungen können gegen Knoten eingeleitet werden, die aber nicht kontinuierlich aktiv sind. 
- For node sieges, citizens of the node or provincial nodes being attacked are automatically registered as defenders.
- There are many reasons to participate as an ally in the attack or defence of other nodes.
- Social bonds.
Many incentives exist that can benefit your node and yourself personally by participating in the attack or defense of cities. These range from titles, to items, to materials, to money. Additionally, aiding others may help you strengthen bonds when your assets are threatened. – Steven Sharif
- Certain siege mechanics may be gated for specific size groups during sieges.
- There will not be a deserter debuff for leaving a siege before it is complete.
- More will be revealed in an upcoming blog entry.
Part of this endeavor of sieging a player-held location (or non-player-held location) is time to prepare; and that includes gathering and crafting these mega weapons or collecting the resources: Whether it be gold or specific quest items to purchase from NPCs. – Steven Sharif
- Players assign them, but don't micromanage them in a similar manner to pets.
- These will be objective-based and not overly prevalent in the world.
There are mercenary NPCs that can be assigned to players. We've discussed about that before and those will follow generically kind of... a kind of pet system even you know adopted majority of the pet system with the added bonus of kind of objective based points of interest that you can assign them to. But we don't want to inundate the field with these mercenaries they'll be kind of few and far between. They'll be assigned specifically like let's say for example you know as the mayor of a node during a siege you'll be able to assign these two specific players that are citizens within your node and then they'll have those they'll spawn during the during the node siege; or vice versa and the castle siege you know guild leaders can assign mercenaries that are available based on the progress of those subsidiary nodes around the castle siege whether or not you have those available to your defense or your attack. – Steven Sharif
- Districts are taken by defeating a "raid boss" guard NPC in that district.
- If attackers take over a district, they gain that district as a respawn location.
- The respawn time for defenders is increased for each district that is taken.
Defenders can assault the outposts of the attackers to hinder them.
Attackers may not be capable of deleveling a node. Instead they may carry out precision attacks to disable specific service-oriented buildings within the node. These buildings can be targeted with siege weapons and bombs.
As the attackers are sieging a city you know they have obviously a win condition- a win objective- but additionally there can be casualties from a structural standpoint during that process. So let's say if the... attackers were to not succeed in completely destroying the node they could still affect damage across multiple types of buildings that are present within the node, which disables services for that those citizens and also will require some type of reconstruction effort on behalf of the citizens. – Steven Sharif
Not just in APOC where we want a completely destructible environment, but also in the MMORPG when it comes to Dungeons and traversing certain areas. We want destruction to be a very core element of how players make their way through the world. – Steven Sharif
These are the types of systems that we want to put in place where groups of a single primary archetype can come together to summon these types of effects that play off of what the identity of that archetype is. – Steven Sharif
- A siege summon will have an incremental size based on the number of summoners participating in that summon activity, with a maximum of eight.
- The number of summoners participating in the summon will determine its overall size.
- All summoners must be in the same party and the party leader must be a summoner.
- The party leader initiates the summon and then takes control of it.
- Once summoned, the party leader cannot be changed.
- If the party disbands, the summon ends. There will be a grace period to handle disconnects.
- The party may also contain non-Summoners.
If eight Tank archetypes each use one of their summon wall abilities it might construct a larger wall that can divide two raids in a moment; and would require damage and block skills and abilities for a momentary lapse of battle between those two raids. – Steven Sharif
- Number of successful siege defenses.
- Number of successful siege assaults.
- Number of PvP kills.
- Raid participation points.
- Number of firsts.
Visibility of those types of things on the server help to promote a competitive atmosphere. If there is an attainable impression that you can work towards, so that others know your success, you have more drive to succeed. – Steven Sharif
One of the issues I did have about that system in Lineage 2, was like you know certain people just have alt accounts logged in and tuned into that thing; and like they would then utilize that information. Which, I guess is you know a means of information gathering. But it's kind of maybe too easy of one. So we're - like i said - we're just looking into that. I haven't decided on that yet. – Steven Sharif
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (38:44).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (13:42).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (58:19).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (21:55).
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (23:00).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (15:14).
- Video, 8 March 2019 (0:00).
- Livestream, 31 October 2019 (11:05).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (30:29).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (54:06).
- Castle Siege Overview.
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (13:17).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (8:16).
- Interview, 6 December 2018 (38:10).
- Video, 4 December 2016 (0:02).
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Video, 30 April 2017 (5:31).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (37:05).
- Video, 31 May 2017 (2:27).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (37:05).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (20:49).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (17:08).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (45:14).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (36:51).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (1:14:23).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (17:59).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (15:48).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Early Access.
- Video, 24 September 2019 (0:10).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (31:15).
- Podcast, 11. Mai 2018 (49:20).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (10:06).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (28:01).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (14:59).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (49:20).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (37:07).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:47:21).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (58:50).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (44:10).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (26:38).