- Musical instruments.
- Easter eggs out in the world.
- Social buildings provide spaces for players to gather and tell/share stories, while also affecting the game and interacting with the world.
- The node government system builds into this.
- Players can run a business based on role playing.
A MMO lives and breathes on its community and we don't really want to give short shrift to any one of those types. All of them are important: the RPers are important, the people who just want to hang out in the Inn and talk are important, they all add to the game and so we want to make sure that we take care of all of them... You can run a business based on RPing. – Jeffrey Bard
- Möbel and artwork may be freely placed within player housing.
- Prized items such as achievements and trophies may be displayed.
- Characters will be able to interact with furniture items such as sit in chairs and lay in beds.
Your ability to craft more luxurious furniture comes with how much of a master craftsman you've become in the furnishing profession... This isn't like you know, I want my house to look good, I got to fork over 50 bucks in cosmetics... Players can craft in-game based on their dedication and focus in that aspect the artisan tree. – Steven Sharif
The whole idea of these societies is that they are a mechanism for progression that do not have to rely on your level progression. These are different progression paths that players can participate in. If you don't want to leave a node in your gameplay experience and you want to find as much as you can do within that city, these offer those things. Now, some quests might take you outside of the city to you know hunt and pursue things, but you could also perfectly be a person that is a merchant and purchases them from other travelers instead of having to go do it yourself. We want to offer players a diverse method of progression; and these systems house those benefits. – Steven Sharif
Sometimes two organization's goals might not align with each other and there'll be conflict there, but it's not going to be like everybody in the Traders Guild is at war with everybody in the Thieves Guild. – Jeffrey Bard
- These games will involve aspects of both chance and skill.
- They must be played between 2 or more people.
- Players will be able to wager in-game currency against other players.
- A portion of the income from the game goes to the tavern owner or node.
- Parlor games will vary based on the predominant race of a node.
- What a character looks like.
- Achievements and server firsts.
- Info on a player's class.
- Character's back story via journal entries (that are shared publicly by the player).
- Traits can be applied that describe a character's history.
You will have a unique homepage for each character and that homepage will be able to be customized by the user to display unique information. It will have a small out-of-game RPG component where you can construct background and traits and stuff like that. – Steven Sharif
That's part of the character sheet desire for us which hopefully will be accessible in game as well by opening a browser through our UI where you can get back history of a character that that character has input themselves into journal entries that they may choose to share with others... For role play perspective we want people to be in depth with their characters. – Steven Sharif
The player can manage what info is shown on the character page.
Marriage may unlock different activities that are not available to characters who are not married.
- Interaction with the freehold system.
- Unlocking certain node quests.
- Impacts on social organizations.
- Other mechanics will be discussed in the future.
There are not plans for gender neutral neutral pronouns. However our marriage system which will be present does not take into account gender. So two individuals of any sex will be able to utilize the marriage system and we feel that that's pretty important to really reflect the nature the cultures in Ashes of Creation: That it does not have that conflict present in this fantasy world that we may have experienced in the past in our real world; and that's a good place both from a sanctuary standpoint through people who are maybe experiencing that in the real world to kind of get away from it in the fantasy world: We wanted to provide that type of outlet. – Steven Sharif
- Personal quest lines.
- Cultural quest lines.
- Regional quest lines.
All of the events are based around storytelling. All of the the narrative quests are based around storytelling. All the organizational quests are based around storytelling. You know the game is built from a story basically, so we want to make sure that there's context and relevancy for all of the actions that you're doing in the game. – Jeffrey Bard
Even player driven mechanics will still have story components. There will be a reason why the player driven mechanic is available or required of the player; so you know every system that's created touches a story. – Steven Sharif
Every stage a node develops it's unlocking narratives, storylines, it's changing the spawn population of the area around it, changing what bosses exist, it's triggering events where you may have legendary dragons attack the city. It's basically writing the story of the server based on the actions and determination of the players. So, you may experience a dungeon one month earlier and have a completely different story that relates to this location the next month, because something has changed either geopolitically or from the node standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Mayors require certain resources.
- Buildings are required within a node.
- Social organization tasks need to be completed.
- There won't be separate roleplaying (RP) servers.
- There won't be separate PvE and PvP servers.
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (44:42).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (37:25).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (44:06).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Gateway mantle.
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (26:22).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (29:54).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (30:53).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (56:31).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (10:54).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (57:42).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (7:27).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (24:47).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (49:05).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (38:28).
- Video, 4 December 2017 (1:20).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (3:30:40).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (53:02).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (48:49).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (58:51).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (11:04).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (11:53).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (13:59).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (28:50).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (6:30).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Harmony Attire.
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (53:58).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (1:05:58).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (39:08).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:18:16).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (35:01).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (29:50).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (35:27).
- MMORPG Interview, 12 December 2016.